Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: WR Production: Hartline v's the Big 3 FA's

  1. -11
    miamiron's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    7,965
    vCash:
    871
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat-London View Post
    Try and pay attention as I will only explain this once.

    The use of the word 'facts' in this circumstance does not pertain to the statement of intent, it refers to the 'statistics' that I have listed to back up said statement of intent. As a result of using the plural form of statistic, therefore requires the word 'fact' to be pluralised. Therefore, in this case, the use of the word 'facts', is in 'fact'.... correct!

    Thank you very much - I'm here all week

    Here's a fact
    Hartline has 2 touchdowns in the last 42 games

    Here's another fact...Hartline scored 6 more points than John Jerry last season
    Oliver Vernon had the same point total as Brian Hartline last season (6)
    Last edited by Valandui; 01-28-2013 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    CANDolphan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,937
    vCash:
    1469
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat-London View Post
    Try and pay attention as I will only explain this once.

    The use of the word 'facts' in this circumstance does not pertain to the statement of intent, it refers to the 'statistics' that I have listed to back up said statement of intent. As a result of using the plural form of statistic, therefore requires the word 'fact' to be pluralised. Therefore, in this case, the use of the word 'facts', is in 'fact'.... correct!

    Thank you very much - I'm here all week
    Just because you combine a condescending tone with a C minus does not make you automatically correct. You listed one factoid - that Brian Hartline produces touchdowns at a lesser rate than the other comparable receivers. You're out of your element here. Back to the desk job!
    Last edited by Valandui; 01-28-2013 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    895
    vCash:
    1672
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Thats only one fact really.

    Hartline is a #2 or 3. Nobody in creation is saying Hartline is a #1 receiver in this league. Was never drafted as such.

    Why cant you keep Hartline and get one of these guys? I dont get the "he is not worth that money" when he is asking half what these guys will be asking.

    If BB gets ahold of this guy, you can bet he will score TD's. He will then trade Loyd who was a bit underwhelming. BB knows Hartline is smart and will pick up the offense and then use him to beat us.

    This guy is in tune with Tannehill, Bess has been injured the last couple years at end of season with a serious knee injury. Hartline has been more consistent than any receiver I have seen since OJ Mcduffie. The guy who is underperforming to me is Bess.

    Wallace is a bit of a disgruntled guy. This is why he was in the doghouse, regardless of what any reporter tells you. Wallace demanded big money, they said no, and he then went and pulled his hammy or whatever it was, and then didnt make another big play until late in season. Then Pittsburgh didnt make the playoffs.

    Its not that I disagree with the points made about Hartline in scoring TD's, but its not like our offense these last 15 years was every anything a player like Hartline would score a lot of TD's in anyways, especially since Marshall was here, who only had 5 his last year I believe.

    So people are willing to spend 10 mil on one of these guys, who dont know our offense or are 30 years old, but not willing to keep Hartline, a guy who makes plays all the time and who could be an outstanding #2 along with other playmakers until one of our young rookies comes along.

    Another last point, no contract has to be 4 or 5 years, we could offer a 2-3 year deal like Soliai signed a couple years ago.
    Because it's about value vs. production. The question needs to be asked: is Hartline really essential to this offense or were his numbers this season largely the product of being the best of a lousy group of receivers? I do recognize the rapport he has with Tannehill and feel he does have value to the team.......just not at the price he is supposedly asking. I think Hartline's production can fairly easily be replaced, and at a much cheaper cost. I'm also tired of the "what if he goes to New England and scores a ton of TDs?" Frankly, who gives a ****? It happened with Welker so now everyone assumes it would with Hartline. Honestly, though, I am sure his TD numbers WOULD go up, but guess what? New England has an offense that is a hell of a lot more dynamic than Miami's and a much better QB. What Hartline would do as a Pat is immaterial. It's about what he can and would do in Miami. That's ALL it is about.

    I'm of the mind that the team would be much better served taking the money that would go to Hartline and use it towards a contract for Jennings. They can then take another WR somewhere in rounds 1-3, possibly even two. I know people have a sentimental attachment to Hartline because he was one of the very few productive pieces of a pathetic offense but that is no reason to overpay for mediocrity.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    JRYCRL's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2009
    Posts:
    202
    vCash:
    1438
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post

    Hartline is a #2 or 3. Nobody in creation is saying Hartline is a #1 receiver in this league. Was never drafted as such.

    Why cant you keep Hartline and get one of these guys? I dont get the "he is not worth that money" when he is asking half what these guys will be asking.

    If BB gets ahold of this guy, you can bet he will score TD's. He will then trade Loyd who was a bit underwhelming. BB knows Hartline is smart and will pick up the offense and then use him to beat us.
    This! For folks talking about lack of TDs, how many TDs did he drop? Sherman & Tannehill deserve the blame for this... especially Sherman.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    jlfin's Avatar
    old pro

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    7,745
    vCash:
    4252
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlared View Post
    hartline is an average # 2 at best and a good # 3. we could probably find someone else in the draft who has more talent and upside than hartline and is also less expensive.
    I think many of you underestimate Hartline. He's not a star player, but he's a very good complimentary player. His speed is deceptive and he is a smart, hard working player. Many of these "more talented" players are not as smart (can't read coverages) and don't put in the work to be a reliable target for their QB's. Hartline doesn't always have great stats, but you never question his effort.
    We'll see how negotiations go. I think he will sign between 4-5 million (with someone).
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. with the lack of wr production outside of bess and hartline....
    By Nawledge in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2012, 12:28 PM
  2. Brian Hartline Inactive?/Andrew Hartline is Inactive
    By willmode in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 01:42 PM
  3. Potential vs Production
    By FINishedPerfect in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 02:57 PM
  4. Preseason Production...
    By BSanders#20 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2006, 12:44 PM
  5. Recieving Production
    By Mike13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2005, 11:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •