Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just say no to G. Jennings

1. -21
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks

Just say no to G. Jennings

I agree with the OP. I don't want to spend big $ on any free agent WR. None if the 3 are worth what they would want to be paid. I think we a combo of Wheaton and Allen, Hunter, Hopkins or Patton in the draft and move forward.

And no I didn't include Patterson on purpose. If we use the #12 pick on that kid I'd be a bit worried,
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jennings for 5-6M per year is well worth it IMO. I want Wallace but fact is he may cost too much.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I think there's a very good chance Greg Jennings becomes a Miami Dolphin next season. Sure he's been banged up a bit, but the positives just outweigh the negatives by a long shot. He knows the system, is in the prime of his career still, is definitely a high character guy, and WANTS to be here. What's not to love?
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What makes you think he wants to be here? Show me the quote. The only thing that is certain is that he has a crazy @ss sister that will be a distraction and that he wants a fat payday from whichever team shells out the most money.

for the right price, come on down.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wallace is going to take AT LEAST 10-11. I don't think Jennings will cost more than 8.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm willing to wager that Wallace signs for 5 years $46M with $22M guaranteed
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cane6 View Post

Sold.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    What makes you think he wants to be here? Show me the quote. The only thing that is certain is that he has a crazy @ss sister that will be a distraction and that he wants a fat payday from whichever team shells out the most money.

for the right price, come on down.
    Technically, Jennings can't say anything since he's under contract. However, we could probably pay him the most money, that's why I believe he'll want to be here...not only that but he's very familiar with the system. That alone makes Jennings worth it and you can't question his talent. If we're going to improve this offense, we're going to have to spend a some money for a top notch receiver. Thankfully, we have a ton of cap space to make it happen. The draft is an option, but there's a lot of uncertainty there as far as finding a number one WR who's going to make an immediate impact.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

I think it's going to take a lot more than that to sign Wallace...he'll probably want at least 10 mil.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I want Jennings and Wallace. Jennings will come relatively cheap IMO considering how injury prone he has been for two straight years and I think Wallace is worthy of long term #1 WR money. The dude can go for roughly 90, 1200 and 10 year in and year out, and we should be able to afford both, along with Bess giving us a top WR corps for at least 3 years.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They can sign both if Hartline leaves.
    It's better value Jennings for 9 mil than Hartline for 6 mil.

But, seriously I'll take Jennings and drafting Patterson and burner like Steddman Baily.

Quote Originally Posted by insomnia411 View Post
    I want Jennings and Wallace. Jennings will come relatively cheap IMO considering how injury prone he has been for two straight years and I think Wallace is worthy of long term #1 WR money. The dude can go for roughly 90, 1200 and 10 year in and year out, and we should be able to afford both, along with Bess giving us a top WR corps for at least 3 years.
    Quote Quote