Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fasano vs Cook?

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

Fasano vs Cook?

Here's the rundown between the two.

Cook- # 34 overall, caught 44 of 68 for 11.8 average, 5 TD's and 5 drops.

Fasano- #23 overall, caught 41 of 62 for 8.1 average, 5 TD's, and 0 drops.

Cook- #31 overall, caught 49 of 74 for 15.5 average, 3 TD's, and 3 drops.

Fasano- #7 overall,caught 32 of 45 for 14.1 average, 5 TD's, and 1 drop.

Hmmm, I have to give Fasano an overall edge here, and chances are he will not cost as much.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cook did have his big year last year when the young stud QB came in. He had over 750 yds I believe. But once again, he came out this year as underwhelming and then now they want to let him walk. why? Maybe he wanted big money from his big year last year and same thing as Wallace, fell a little in the doghouse.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cook is a much more explosive athlete and forces safeties to cheat more of the middle of the field, which can really help your outside receivers. Fasano doesn't do that at all. Defenses match a linebacker on him and don't have to worry. The downside on Cook is he's a little straight linish. He's not as shifty as a Finley or a Gonzalez, which makes him less of guy you look to on third down. Think Vernon Davis, only taller and not quite as fast.

Cook also isn't Fasano in terms of the run game, either, though he doesn't really have to be because teams usually match him up against safeties or corners (who are easier to block), rather than the linebackers Fasano faces. If a team comes out with a linebacker matched against Cook a smart quarterback should be able to see that and audible to a winning play.

All things being equal give me the more explosive guy. That's the way most teams think, which is why the salary demands of both won't be even. Cook will cost more, and should. He's younger, too.

For all the talk of Finley as malcontent, I really see him as an opportunity to get a steal. He probably won't cost that much more than Cook, if really much at all, but we know the kind of production he can offer. With Cook it's more of a mystery whereas with Fasano you just accept you're not going to get it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Cook did have his big year last year when the young stud QB came in. He had over 750 yds I believe. But once again, he came out this year as underwhelming and then now they want to let him walk. why? Maybe he wanted big money from his big year last year and same thing as Wallace, fell a little in the doghouse.
    Yeah, I would have the same question. I would like a seam buster at TE but, don't see him as an answer or even an "overall" upgrade, who in FA may cost more.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I love Cook's athletic ability.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Cook is a much more explosive athlete and forces safeties to cheat more of the middle of the field, which can really help your outside receivers. Fasano doesn't do that at all. Defenses match a linebacker on him and don't have to worry. The downside on Cook is he's a little straight linish. He's not as shifty as a Finley or a Gonzalez, which makes him less of guy you look to on third down. Think Vernon Davis, only taller and not quite as fast. Cook also isn't Fasano in terms of the run game, either.

All things being equal give me the more explosive guy. That's the way most teams think, which is why the salary demands of both won't be even. Cook will cost more, and should. He's younger, too.

For all the talk of Finley as malcontent, I really see that as an opportunity to get a steal. He probably won't cost that much more than Cook, if really much at all, but we know the kind of production he can offer. With Cook it's more of a mystery whereas with Fasano you know going in you're not going to get it.
    Agreed. IF we were talking a Gronk, Graham, Davis, etc, I'm all in. We're not, and believe we need to add to Fasano with Clay, Egnew, etc, other than subtracting to roll the dice.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cook is an athletic TE who can beat coverage from LB's, Fasano is not but he can block and make an occasional catch.
    My Offseason plan.... Get as many good football players as possible, The End.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I love Cook's athletic ability.
    I do not watch the rest of the NFL anywhere near to the Dolphins. When we played the Titans, Cook did beat Jones for a 20+ TD, no easy task but, that was it for the game. He did nothing else.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by outlawd2u View Post
    Cook is an athletic TE who can beat coverage from LB's, Fasano is not but he can block and make an occasional catch.
    Who has more overall value to this team?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Cook is a much more explosive athlete and forces safeties to cheat more of the middle of the field, which can really help your outside receivers. Fasano doesn't do that at all. Defenses match a linebacker on him and don't have to worry. The downside on Cook is he's a little straight linish. He's not as shifty as a Finley or a Gonzalez, which makes him less of guy you look to on third down. Think Vernon Davis, only taller and not quite as fast.

Cook also isn't Fasano in terms of the run game, either, though he doesn't really have to be because teams usually match him up against safeties or corners (who are easier to block), rather than the linebackers Fasano faces. If a team comes out with a linebacker matched against Cook a smart quarterback should be able to see that and audible to a winning play.

For all the talk of Finley as malcontent, I really see him as an opportunity to get a steal. He probably won't cost that much more than Cook, if really much at all, but we know the kind of production he can offer. With Cook it's more of a mystery whereas with Fasano you just accept you're not going to get it.
    Finley isn't a FA. We would have to trade for him.
    Quote Quote