Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Fasano vs Cook?

  1. -21
    Fin Fan in Cali's Avatar
    RIP Gary Moore

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    24,995
    vCash:
    16079
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    You are not trading a low 2nd or high 3rd for Jared Cook come on guys. Personally, I like my TE to have a blocker in him, so I'm all on the Martellus Bennett train. I think 2 years 9 million with 7 or so guaranteed gets him here.

    I'm a fan of his seam ability. I like his inline blocking. I view him like a more athletic Fasano.
    Cook is a free agent.

    Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    10,203
    vCash:
    1660
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is Fasano a seam/receiving threat? No, the guy is a slow, flat footed, plodding tight end, he almost looks like an offensive tackle or a refrigerator on the field. He fits what we did in our previous offensive system, of ground and pound. But he does not fit here.

    Only thing he's good for is the red zone AT TIMES (he's overrated at this aspect though) and blocking. In this offense we need a lot more athleticism from our tight ends, anyone here who doesn't understand the huge difference in talent between Fasano and Cook I feel badly for. While we're at it let's argue how Daniel Thomas is similar to Doug Martin.

    You sign Cook if available and let Fasano walk, ain't no team going to be choosing Fasano over Cook if they had the opportunity to sign one or the other. They sign Cook and draft a tight end still and have two athletic tight end targets like most high powered offenses do - see Patriots, see Colts.

    I'm not even sure if Fasano is as good as Tom Crabtree sad to say.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    DolfanDuBbZ~'s Avatar
    Avoid the 'Noid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    4,976
    vCash:
    2273
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I do not watch the rest of the NFL anywhere near to the Dolphins. When we played the Titans, Cook did beat Jones for a 20+ TD, no easy task but, that was it for the game. He did nothing else.

    Same thing could be said for Fasano, year after year after year. I can bet he avg's 6 games a season, where he gets 0-1 touches a game.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2009
    Posts:
    892
    vCash:
    1731
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While I like both tight ends to a degree, it's much easier to find another Fasano than it would be to find another tight end with Cook's skill set.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2009
    Posts:
    9,103
    vCash:
    31216
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Here's something interesting to consider. PFF does a breakdown of all all receivers as to where they were targeted, and what they did.

    Last year. Fasano was targeted over 20 yards 4 times with 1 catch. 10-19 yards- 13 times with 5 catches. and 0-9 yards- 45 times with 25 catches.

    In 2011, Fasano was targeted over 20 yards 7 times with 5 catches. 10-19 yards-17 times with 11 catches, and 0-9 yards- 10 times with 14 catches.

    Anyone notice a difference in how he was used by Tanny as opposed to Moore?

    I can show the same between Henne and Penny.

    Let's look at Cook.

    Last year, Cook was targeted over 20 yards 9 times with 5 catches, 10-19 yards-16 times with 9 catches, and 0-9yards 40 times with 27 catches.

    In 2011, Cook was targeted over 20 yards 5 times with 4 catches, 10-19 yards- 26 times with 18 catches, and 0-9yards 42 times with 26 catches.
    Last edited by Southbeach 2; 01-28-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    24,717
    vCash:
    1472
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Same thing could be said for Fasano, year after year after year. I can bet he avg's 6 games a season, where he gets 0-1 touches a game.
    well at least he doesn't drop them when he gets the chance lol.

    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2009
    Posts:
    9,103
    vCash:
    31216
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Same thing could be said for Fasano, year after year after year. I can bet he avg's 6 games a season, where he gets 0-1 touches a game.
    You would lose that bet DD. Last year- 6, 2011- 3, 2010- 2.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    DolfanDuBbZ~'s Avatar
    Avoid the 'Noid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    4,976
    vCash:
    2273
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Here's something interesting to consider. PFF does a breakdown of all all receivers as to where they were targeted, and what they did.

    Last year. Fasano was targeted over 20 yards 4 times with 1 catch. 10-19 yards- 13 times with 5 catches. and 0-9 yards- 45 times with 25 catches.

    In 2011, Fasano was targeted over 20 yards 7 times with 5 catches. 10-19 yards-17 times with 11 catches, and 0-9 yards- 10 times with 14 catches.

    Anyone notice a difference in how he was used by Tanny as opposed to Moore?

    I can show the same between Henne and Penny.

    Let's look at Cook.

    Last year, Cook was targeted over 20 yards 9 times with 5 catches, 10-19 yards-16 times with 9 catches, and 0-9yards 40 times with 27 catches.

    In 2011, Cook was targeted over 20 yards 5 times with 4 catches, 10-19 yards- 26 times with 18 catches, and 0-9yards 42 times with 26 catches.
    Point?

    Here's the deal. You and many like you are using the same reasoning I was hearing when it concerned Chowder at his respective position. ITs the eye test. Does Fasano cause MISMATCHES? Is he someone for 16 weeks that can be counted on to bail out his QB and matter? Be a playmaker? You may thank so. And that is where you and I will disagree. If you can not even secede the fact Fasano is a number 2 at best, than there is nothing more to talk about.

    Fasano is who he is. He scares no defense. He disappears. Upgrade at TE has been on the agenda for 2 years...at least.

    ---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    You would lose that bet DD. Last year- 6, 2011- 3, 2010- 2.
    Why leave out 08 and 09?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    DolfanDuBbZ~'s Avatar
    Avoid the 'Noid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    4,976
    vCash:
    2273
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    well at least he doesn't drop them when he gets the chance lol.
    I guess that case could be made.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2009
    Posts:
    9,103
    vCash:
    31216
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Point?

    Here's the deal. You and many like you are using the same reasoning I was hearing when it concerned Chowder at his respective position. ITs the eye test. Does Fasano cause MISMATCHES? Is he someone for 16 weeks that can be counted on to bail out his QB and matter? Be a playmaker? You may thank so. And that is where you and I will disagree. If you can not even secede the fact Fasano is a number 2 at best, than there is nothing more to talk about.

    Fasano is who he is. He scares no defense. He disappears. Upgrade at TE has been on the agenda for 2 years...at least.

    The deal is that I agree with you on adding a speed TE to go WITH Fasano, not in place of him for THIS team.

    ---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------



    Why leave out 08 and 09?
    09- 6, 08- 5, You still lose.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Jen Cook
    By Pagan in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 11:02 AM
  2. Dane Cook CD's
    By UCFinfan86 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2006, 06:00 PM
  3. Damian Cook
    By alopez34 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2005, 01:14 AM
  4. Damion Cook
    By iLLuZiOnZ1313 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 08:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •