Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Alec Ogletree at 12

Threaded View

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Alec Ogletree at 12

Haven't heard Ogletree's name much on finheaven at 12th overall, but at this point he'd be my pick if available (I have a feeling he'll go top-10 after the combine). He just jumps off the screen: awesome bowl game, good SEC champ game. Former safety (was the #1 rated HS FS) who grew late and has the frame to fill out some. Just a great athlete, 6'3 235. Sideline-to-sideline movement his big strength, pursues and hits hard in the run game, can play 3 downs, played inside at UGA but likely outside in NFL, great nose for the ballcarrier, uses athleticism to weave around blocks, and his coverage skills are strong being a former DB (he started 5 games at safety for UGA). Can probably handle most TEs in coverage, and I wouldn't bet against him becoming a legit edge-rush threat when called upon.

I realize LB is not one of our big needs. But we have flexibility in Free Agency and 4 picks between rounds 2 and 3, making me comfortable considering him at 12. Seeing what Kuechly does for Carolina, I'd love Ogletree's versatile presence in the front-7. The worry is that he'll just look like a safety in the box. But I think with a move outside and 10lbs, he'll be holding his own on inside runs.

Skip to :40 to bypass the intro. Maybe mute it too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24FvP-tyyTs

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Twitches Brew; 01-27-2013 at 05:33 PM.
    Quote Quote