Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 108

Thread: Roto: Long wants at least 10 mill annually

  1. -61
    dolpns13's Avatar
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    25,763
    vCash:
    38542
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    I lol'ed.
    Me too! I covered my mouth and laughed almost hysterically when I saw the title of this thread.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    LANGER72's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2006
    Posts:
    9,285
    vCash:
    29861
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    It's funny you say Smith has 5 ints in 64 games started and think he needs to go yet Hartline has 2 tds in the past 42 games
    I say let them all walk and start fresh with the rebuild

    They both move the chains, problem with smith it is for the opposing team.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    NUGap's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2012
    Posts:
    236
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why are people mad that Long wants more money? I'm stunned that a standard negotiating tactic riles up so many Dolphins fans. If there's someone willing to pay him the money he desires, that's how the NFL works. When Dansby, fans weren't mad at him because he refused to take less money to stay with the Cardinals. This is how the NFL works, if a team and a player can't meet on a perceived value, the player leaves. It doesn't make them selfish, it doesn't make them a bad person, it doesn't make them any less of a player - if you can get more money for your services, you should.

    Long doesn't owe you anything and the Dolphins don't owe Long anything. Any one who thinks that would be a terrible GM or agent. Get off your high horse and move onto another topic, rather than bashing an otherwise fine human being. I'm astounded at the amount of people who will turn on a player, coach or exec in a minute without so much as a sliver of knowledge of the situation. I'm all for talking about anything Dolphins related, but surely there's something better to talk about.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    tay0365's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    8,475
    vCash:
    15670
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TPD1479 View Post
    All you guys that are pushing Long out the door better hope your boy Ireland who almost all of you do nothing but bad mouth has a contingency plan. Good LT's are not easily come by and that's a fact.
    I agree with you TP, but he has been injured 3 years in a row, and even though this is his 1st year he has not looked like a top LT (I know many Long haters actually think it's been longer), he is not worth 10 mil or more....In fact I don't know if 8 Mil might not be a bit high, but I might try 8 mil if the organization believed they could get the old Long back. I have been the biggest Long fan here, but I have to agree he is not worh what him and his agent want.

    Thumper is probably right with 7 mil though.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    AFCMiamiEast's Avatar
    Longing for Relevancy...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2012
    Posts:
    1,833
    vCash:
    4542
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    It's disturbing of how much of a team mentality is lacking, and escaped their egos... unbelievable.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -66
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    895
    vCash:
    1672
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    It's funny you say Smith has 5 ints in 64 games started and think he needs to go yet Hartline has 2 tds in the past 42 games
    I say let them all walk and start fresh with the rebuild
    Amen, dude. It's ridiculous how sentimental people around here get about guys like Hartline and Bess just because they are among the best producers in a crappy offense. **** is still **** no matter how you slice it. Hartline is an average NFL receiver. He has no business being paid 5 to 6 million a year.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -67
    flynryan15's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    13,147
    vCash:
    3622
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    At the time we were looking like a potential playoff team and jettisoning him would have been self-sabotage. Had we been struggling I would have pulled the trigger in a heartbeat
    Wait we looked likes playoff team?
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

    Quote Quote  

  8. -68
    jtoomuch's Avatar
    Starting to hear voices

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    2,184
    vCash:
    2579
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMO, the thing you need to ask is, "Can we get someone better?"
    JMB
    Quote Quote  

  9. -69
    Krush's Avatar
    Finaholic

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    2,244
    vCash:
    2744
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    let smith walk because he can't tackle, and gets beat too much, he's a 3rd tier CB at least
    Quote Quote  

  10. -70
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    33,773
    vCash:
    43109
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    that's right in line with what i was thinking...it's too much...let jake walk...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Jared Cook to Break the the Bank - $7M or more annually
    By foozool13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 05:11 PM
  2. Anquan for $6 mill + 6th rd vs Hartline for $6 Mill
    By Elle Clouds in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 03:13 AM
  3. Browns offer Wallace $13.5 annually?
    By FinMike in forum SPAM
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 01:40 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 07:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •