Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Roto: Long wants at least 10 mill annually

1. -51
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No way we are paying Long $10 million a season. Better look at who we want to replace him in the draft. There is s guy who plays for the Colorado Buffaloes (my alma mater) named David Bakhtiari, who probably is the best player and hardest worker they had on their team. He might be worth a look around the fourth round.
    1. OG: Zack Martin, Notre Dame
    2. ILB: Chris Borland, Wisconsin
    3. TE: C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
    4. DT: Daniel McCullers, Tenn
    5. FS: Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt
    6. QB: Connor Shaw, South Carolina
    7. RB: Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If this report is true, then I'm disappointed in Long. I understand that every player (and their agent) try to gte the most that they can. However, Long has to know that he was one of the highest paid players in the league his rookie yr. As good as he was, he was still overpaid due to the insane rookie salary scale and as a result, should be grateful to this organization. He also has to be realistic and understand that he hasn't played uo to his standards for 2 seasons in a row.
    Despite mediocre records the past 10yrs, this team hasn't had a whole lot of cap money until now. That indicates to me that they have been overpaying to keep some of our own FA's for years.
    I'm guessing his agent wants to test the market. I would be surprised if any well run team offers him anything near 10 million. Especialy coming off the torn triceps. The Phins need to hold their ground and offer him what they feel he is worth.
    Teams that overpay for FA's usually have it blow up in their faces. Mario Williams didn't elevate Buffalo to elite status. Neither did Joey Porter when he signed with the Phins. Dansby hasn't exactly made us SB contenders either.
    [SIGPIC]The cynic knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing
    -Oscar Wilde
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have no doubt Long will get at least $10 million, it might not be from Miami but he will get it. Some Miami fans complain that Long isn't as good as he once was or that he's injury prone. However Long would be an upgrade for a lot of teams at he will get good offers.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Redskins would definitely give him 10-12 million just because of his "name". They are looking for ways to protect RGIII.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Remember when guys like Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor restructured their deals, and took less money up front, so the team would have more money available to sign free agents? Guys like Long are all about themselves and getting paid right now.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorygrant83 View Post
    I have no doubt Long will get at least $10 million, it might not be from Miami but he will get it. Some Miami fans complain that Long isn't as good as he once was or that he's injury prone. However Long would be an upgrade for a lot of teams at he will get good offers.
    Good for him then. Can't blame a guy for getting as much money as he can. I just hope it isn't Miami that overpays like that.

Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would offer him an incentive based contract.....start at the price Miami is offering with incentives to get him where he wants to be. Then, if he returns to form and plays hard, he gets what he wants and Miami is ok paying for a top 2-3 LT. And if he doesn't return to form, they aren't overpaying for a guy on the downside of his career.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Beach / Reno
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Miami herald is just speculating...here is my speculation..he will sign for between 7-8 million with playing time and incentive clauses to reach 10 million.
    IMHO...Smith is hot garbage, just a system (contain and tackle) CB. How many picks does he have in 4 seasons? no thanks Draft ...another player.
    Hartline is worth what he is asking, but the Fins will sign him for slightly less.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    I think that tells me he'll be back... he wants 10 mil per, we probably offerred 6-7 million per year... they will settle around 8-8.5 a year.
    Makes sense, $8 million isn't bad.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by royalshank View Post
    smith is the last guy to bring back. That's a lot of money for a guy who can't make plays on the ball ( 5 career ints in 64 GS) and is a HORRIBLE tackler. Pay Long and Hartline - they'll settle for a little less in the end.
    It's funny you say Smith has 5 ints in 64 games started and think he needs to go yet Hartline has 2 tds in the past 42 games
    I say let them all walk and start fresh with the rebuild
    Quote Quote