Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lane Johnson

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Lane Johnson

as much as I would be opposed to drafting a tackle first round... A. He is not a reach as most have him a top 12-15 prospect B. Fills a MAJOR need C. has tremendous upside. only been playing tackle a few years originally enrolled at Oklahoma as a 6'6 202 Quarterback. He claims to run a 4.7 and has the best feet on a tackle I've seen. This would most likely mean the signing of Greg/Wallace/Bowe AND Hartline. As much as everyone doesn't think offensive line is important look at the super bowl teams. Two tremendous offensive lines. Johnson is also a perfect fit for the WCO due to his athleticism. I would rather keep long but with him wanting a huge contract that may not happen. I would still keep Long for 10-12 million per season because it creates another need to our team, but if Long is gone I hope our #1 pick is Lane Johnson.. I watched both Johnson and Joeckel the A&M guy vs Texas and came away more impressed with Johnson
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he might be the best offensive tackle in the draft. No I don't think it would be a reach at 12 overall and even though we're all very anxious to get the skill positions filled out, if you're allowing Jake Long to walk then it wouldn't be a bad pickup.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Watching the senior bowl I was surprised at how wide he is. I know that's a kinda weird obervation, but he moves really well for a guy who has that wide of a frame.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    highest upside talent in mobile this week...better feet than eric fisher...when i saw him sprint to the sideline on that tipped ball int and force the guy out of bounds i almost fell dead he looked so good doing it at 306 lbs...this kids got special talents...add another 10 lbs to that frame with those feet that ability to bend and move and you have yourself a rediculous zbs left tackle...

kid looked terrific...upside is higher than any tackle in the draft...kids gonna destroy the combine...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Only OT I would be fine with drafting at 12.

Don't know that he makes it to 12, but . . .
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    when you talk about premium athletic talents with rare movement skills and serious upside lane johnsons on the list...so is a barkevious mingo...just guys with rediculous tools and ooze upside...

this is called swinging for the fences...not playing it safe...safe has gotten us nowhere
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Barkevious Mingo is swinging for the fences (in the reckless way, IMO). I'm not in favor of taking a look at Barkevious Mingo until the 2nd round.

I don't think Lane Johnson is swinging for the fences. Lane Johnson is taking an offensive tackle you pretty much know is going to be very good, and even if he can't play the left side you know he can play the right side (played both at Oklahoma). Lane Johnson is replacing the offensive tackle you're losing in Jake Long except getting a guy that might not be as good overall but is probably better for the zone scheme. It's no more swinging for the fences than it was to take Mike Pouncey at #15 overall in 2011.

If you're really swinging for the fences at defensive end at 12 overall then in my opinion you're taking Cornellius Carridine, knee injury and all. That's swinging for the fences. That's proven, demonstrable NFL caliber return, in exchange for medical risk.

Swinging for the fences would also be Cordarrelle Patterson. If it pans out you've impacted your team pretty heavily, the way Julio Jones has impacted the Falcons. If not...ouch...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    why would anyone think a guy that athletic and that much of a move athlete can't play the left side...makes no sense to me...he might need a year to season and work on getting stronger but he's got special tools...at minimum he's a year one swing tackle

carradine at #12 coming off an acl is what's wreckless...

pattersons not the same level physical specimen as julio jones was when he came out...i doubt he sniffs jones combine #'s
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Carradine after the first rd. would be great crazy to think FSU possibly could have had 3 first rd. De's in this draft! Patterson is guy right now though at 12 hard to argue his big play potential. Johnson is one of the safest picks in this draft.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brandon Jenkins was never destined to be a 1st round pick. The FSU defense was better off for Jenkins having gotten hurt, opening the door for Carridine to play full time.

The very term "swinging for the fences" implies recklessness. So yeah, taking Carridine with a knee injury that has a 95% successful recovery rate would be a little bit reckless.

But it's even more reckless IMO to take a guy that hasn't proven on the football field that he can actually be productive in the one dimension that he's got going for him.
    Quote Quote