Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Lane Johnson

1. -41
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    no it didn't go over my head...i get what you are saying and i would agree with you don't want combine warriors like a michael egnew for instance you want football players...and nothing mingo has shown on tape this and last year should be saying to you that kids not a football player...the guy pops off the screen...for a variety of reasons...one of which is lack of strength at the poa vs the run game and which i don't deny...but i'm not drafting him to be a plugger run defender i've got enough of those in house already i'm drafting him to provide difference making plays and a real spark both of which i have seen plenty of evidence of at lsu

and yeah i'm banking on the kid developing into a monster given his tools...being they are so high end...
    He could be a monster some day. He's a little bit better against the run than commonly given credit for being, although I still wouldn't call him good there. He's got strong hands. You could see him playing SAM linebacker, I think.

But at the same time, is his story so very different from Dontay Moch's? That's the chance I don't want to take at 12 overall.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lane Johnson could even end up the first tackle off the board. I fully believe that. He's always stood out to me on tape as the guy that Miami would prefer for their scheme (as would I) if they didn't get shot a Luke Joeckel. He went out and proved it at the Senior Bowl I think better than Eric Fisher did, though Fisher got all the press.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hoos: We already know that you think Mingo's ceiling is limitless, but what do you think his floor is? Can you, in any way, see Mingo potentially busting?
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good points. I don't know if people realize that SF has three #1 picks on their offensive line. It's an important part of a team even if it's not exciting. That said, my pick right now would be Patterson at #12. I think we can get some offensive line help in R2.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    Good points. I don't know if people realize that SF has three #1 picks on their offensive line. It's an important part of a team even if it's not exciting. That said, my pick right now would be Patterson at #12. I think we can get some offensive line help in R2.
    If we pass on Lane Johnson or Eric Fisher staring at us at 12 and jake kong just went bye bye, the world would think us so stupid.

Patterson is not the most explosive guy, there is absolutely no proof that anyone can point to that seperates him from others in this draft. not buying the hype. this is starting to become like ted ginn again. stop it!
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    agreed... If jake long walks, the pick at 12 will almost certainly be an OL... this is a byproduct the "group" so to speak that want long to walk have to realize. everybody has already touched on the skepticism regarding martin at LT, and the holes that are created etc etc...

I also completely agree with the above poster who mentioned san fransisco and their OL investment with the first rounders... ask them how they feel about that... I will bet they are thrilled...

people expecting a flashy pick at 12, should brace themselves... because a OL selection is obviously very much in the cards... personally, I'd prefer a flashier pick at 12, but I won't be calling for necks if the pick is a lane johnson... thats one helluva pick.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    agreed... If jake long walks, the pick at 12 will almost certainly be an OL... this is a byproduct the "group" so to speak that want long to walk have to realize. everybody has already touched on the skepticism regarding martin at LT, and the holes that are created etc etc...

I also completely agree with the above poster who mentioned san fransisco and their OL investment with the first rounders... ask them how they feel about that... I will bet they are thrilled...

people expecting a flashy pick at 12, should brace themselves... because a OL selection is obviously very much in the cards... personally, I'd prefer a flashier pick at 12, but I won't be calling for necks if the pick is a lane johnson... thats one helluva pick.
    I would be less likely to take an OL in this draft if it werent for two things.

1. Deep WR draft
    2. Many picks unlike most years.
    Quote Quote