Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lane Johnson

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Destined would be the right word being he didn't get to play his final season lol. Any word on his recovery?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Is this the guy who used to play qb? Or is that a different OT?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ya that's Johnson.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    carradine may not even suit up in 2013...even if he does pull a miracle and be a full go come training camp you're pretty much looking at 18 months before he's 100 percent again...too risky at #12...

mingo is gonna blow the doors off the combine in a few weeks and any 2nd round stuff will be out the window...i'll take a situational rusher with those physical tools who's light in the pants right now any day with that pick...especially one that can play with his hand in the dirt...and has that kind of acceleration change of direction closing speed and hips...

i bet he comes to the combine at 250 lbs or more...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My sleeper pick is David Bakhtiari, OT, from my alma mater, Colorado. This guy graded out higher than former CU Buff Nate Solder who is now the LT for the Patriots. CU had a really horrible season but Bakhtiari was one of the few brights spots. He is nowhere near the size of Ponder but I think he will make a fine LT or RT. If he is there in round four, I would take him. Most mocks have him going between round 3 and 5.

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know hoops Mingo in my opinion should have been further along in his development than he showed this season, there are a few pass rushers I would be more comfortable with at this point.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    mingos physical tools are as good as they come...the initial get off the acceleration the ability to bend and redirect...all on a 6 ft 5 frame with terrific arm length that can carry more weight...and move like a joystick...

his pass rush needs refinement and work no doubt about it but i would be willing to work with the tools he has all day long and mold that kid like clay...you can't teach so many of his god given gifts...you can't teach that get off that length the ability to redirect on a dime the straight line speed and acceleration...you just can't...

i'd bet on that kids stuff any day all day...
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    also when i look at mingo and lane johnson i don't look at them as what they are right now although they ooze rediculous tools...i look at what they are in 2 years from now...and i see filthy 315 lb left tackle with the best feet maybe in the game with johnson and double digit pass rush impact who makes game changing plays in mingo who as a 43 de carries 260 lbs well...
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well no doubt we need someone with those characteristics opposite Wake. I don't see much of them from Vernon. He has the knack for making plays, I would rather see him in more of a linebacker role though.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    vernon still has some pass rush upside imo...i wouldn't give up on him with that yet...but i'd look to supplement him this year...he doesn't have elite stuff...but he moves pretty well and he changes direction well...you never know though at lb if he'd be able to handle much man coverage...i'd be concerned about that...

he flashed at times...definitely not consistent but imo there's still more meat on the bone pass rush wise...
    Quote Quote