Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What teams are willing to pay our FA's?

1. -1
    I like big drums and I cannot lie.......

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

What teams are willing to pay our FA's?

Jake wants 10 mill a year, Hartline wants 5-6, smith wants 6 etc...

In most threads here the line of thinking is that these amounts are to much for these players. I am wondering though, if these amounts are truly to exspensive, what teams are going to willing to pay up?

Also, if in the end most other teams feel the way that we do about these guys then is there a possiblity we can get some of them back at smaller contracts when there are no takers?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Those players can go on the market and see what comes. Maybe they get their money, maybe not. Both are good enough to play, so they won't sit a year. Their agents will dial back amounts until they sign. Sometimes a player needs a wakeup call about their value.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Redskins overpay all the time so they can get Long if they think Long is the answer to their offensive line problems. Hope they do pay him.

Hartline can get 5 million in the open market.

Smith, no one's going to pay him 7 million a year. No one. People here are seriously overrating his no talent ass.

Bush, he can get paid in the open market easily.

Fasano will be lucky to get 2-3 million a year in the open market. Hope he finds a new team and we don't feel compelled to bring him back, guy is average to below average.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Playoffs Please!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Someone would pay Long
    Someone would pay Bush

IMO
    Hartline would not get 5+ on open market
    Sean Smith would not get 7 million a year...no way.

Not sure what Fasano is asking for
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Watch Hartline go to the patriots for 5-6 mil/yr and he terrorizes us for the next 5 years with 1200+ yards per season. Bill Belichick is much smarter than the average poster on this board and wont pass on Hartline given the chance. This is not that much different from the Welker situation. Brady will make Hartline look like a stud.

Lack of TDs is mostly a combination of mediocre qb play and statistical fluke. Cant see a reason he cant be a 1000 yard 7 td guy annually on a competent offense. At 5 mil per year he costs half as much as Wallace while producing similar yardage.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDrums View Post
    Jake wants 10 mill a year, Hartline wants 5-6, smith wants 6 etc...

In most threads here the line of thinking is that these amounts are to much for these players. I am wondering though, if these amounts are truly to exspensive, what teams are going to willing to pay up?

Also, if in the end most other teams feel the way that we do about these guys then is there a possiblity we can get some of them back at smaller contracts when there are no takers?
    Here's the thing. Nobody knows our players better than we do (meaning Philbin and Ireland and some fans). If these guys aren't worth it, let them go. I live in Philly and the fans here destroy DRC and are expecting that he will walk and should walk. I'm here people on this site saying we should let Sean Smith walk and sign DRC. I here Philly fans saying let DRC walk and sign Sean Smith.

Let Smith walk, pass on DRC, take a CB or two in the draft and continue to build there.

Let Hartline walk, take a WR or two in the draft.

Let Long walk, sign a FA RT in the 6-8M range.

No way is Hartline worth $6M, Smith worth $6M, and Long worth $10M
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    Redskins overpay all the time so they can get Long if they think Long is the answer to their offensive line problems. Hope they do pay him.

Hartline can get 5 million in the open market.

Smith, no one's going to pay him 7 million a year. No one. People here are seriously overrating his no talent ass.

Bush, he can get paid in the open market easily.

Fasano will be lucky to get 2-3 million a year in the open market. Hope he finds a new team and we don't feel compelled to bring him back, guy is average to below average.
    I'm willing to bet that Smith gets a lot closer to that 7 million than you think
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    ROLL!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    skins dont have cap room thanks to the penalties.

someone will definitely pay Long & Bush.

im also very scared of hartline going to the Pats. i think he'd fit in great there and BB will pay that man his money
    :beer1:
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Playoffs Please!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by quickfish83 View Post
    Watch Hartline go to the patriots for 5-6 mil/yr and he terrorizes us for the next 5 years with 1200+ yards per season. Bill Belichick is much smarter than the average poster on this board and wont pass on Hartline given the chance. This is not that much different from the Welker situation. Brady will make Hartline look like a stud.

Lack of TDs is mostly a combination of mediocre qb play and statistical fluke. Cant see a reason he cant be a 1000 yard 7 td guy annually on a competent offense. At 5 mil per year he costs half as much as Wallace while producing similar yardage.
    I love people that think everyone that leaves the team will go be a HOF on the Pats. 1200+ yards a season......hysterical.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Tes View Post
    I'm willing to bet that Smith gets a lot closer to that 7 million than you think
    Then I feel badly for that team's GM and the fans.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    skins dont have cap room thanks to the penalties.

someone will definitely pay Long & Bush.

im also very scared of hartline going to the Pats. i think he'd fit in great there and BB will pay that man his money
    Skins can easily clear cap space.
    Quote Quote