Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What teams are willing to pay our FA's?

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I beilive we can get Hartline for 4.5 and probably should and get a player in the draft. The other option are pay Wallace 10 million and still draft a player. Wallace will stretch the field but was hurt last year too.
    Smith no what you do we are down 2 CB's if he is not resigned and then you are gambling in the draft to cover both sides of the field. Pay him his 7 mill for 2 years and try in those 2 years to draft 2 cbs. Regardless we have to to draft a cb this year and gambling on drafting 2 cbs to come in is to much to hope for.
    Long will 10 million is alot for how he is looking I just do not know if he comes out of his slump it is a steal if he continues to decline then its a bad move. The problem is we need a CB and DE in this draft there is no way around it. If we let him walk we need a OT too. But we could take his salary of 10 mil and sign Wallace which means we then do not need a WR in the draft so much but we need a OT in the first 3 rounds. I am not big on bringing back IR players so I let him walk and sign Wallace.
    So you let Harline walk if you sign Wallace or do you?
    Fasano I bring back for 2 years and keep looking. You find anothe elite TE and those 2 could cause some damage like he did his first year with us. 2.5 million or so and that is worth the gamble.
    Clemmons same thing as Fasano still cheap enought insurance until you find your playmaker.
    If guess you bring back Gardner if Long goes.
    Starks I really like and we need to let him walk if we grab a DE in round 1 like I think. He is a progress stopper I let him walk for now
    McDaniel I let walk.
    Bush man he can be a play maker but Miller and Daniels run with the same style just not so good and we need a bruising rb and Bush just is not that guy. I let him walk for now.
    So guys I resign
    Fasano
    Clemons
    Smith
    Gardner
    If the price is right I might resign Bush and Starks but they are progress stoppers
    If we do not sign Wallace then I bring back Hartline
    McDaniel DT and Marshall CB is let walk for sure.
    I try and resgin Patterson as the nickle back to replace Marshall
    I also spend some FA heavy money on a guard they are cheaper to resign than a FA OT and then I can let Jerry and Gardner duke it out at OT and draft a OT in the first 3 rounds.

If I am Ireland I am taking a DE in round 1 and a CB in round 2. A WR in round 2 if we bring back Hartline or if we bring in Wallace a OT in round 2.
    then in round 3 it is OT or WR.
    This is a need draft mind you.

After that it si the best player available. I would say a safty, between the tackles running back and linebacker would be the positons I would target through rounds 3-5 and a QB in round 7 though I think they will bring in a washed up veteran QB myself.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What is Bush asking for?

I think Long will find a team willing to gamble at 10mill or get close to his asking, same goes for Smith (teams tend to continue to over value CB's).

Hartline though at his price, just don't see it happening.
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
    What is Bush asking for?

I think Long will find a team willing to gamble at 10mill or get close to his asking, same goes for Smith (teams tend to continue to over value CB's).

Hartline though at his price, just don't see it happening.
    Bush's market value is the biggest mystery of all the free agents in the NFL. I think there will be a bidding war for his services. Lots of teams will be very interested. Bush has to decide if he wants to stay here, the team that gave him a fresh start, or go for a championship.

He's one guy I can see the Patriots pursueing.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Skins can easily clear cap space.
    Skins don't need a left tackle as they have a 24 year old pro bowler
    and I doubt they pay someone $10 million to be a right tackle
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't see someone foolish enough to take a 10 mil risk on Jake Long. His body is obviously breaking down. Jake may get an incentive laden contract based on health but he may be in for a rude awakening as to his true value.

Brian Hartline has 3 TDs combined over the last 3 seasons. If you were a GM would you pay 5 mil for that lack of output?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tulsa, OK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My gut says Long will end up a Cowboy. He may have to switch sides and I am sure the boys will need to clear up some cap space. I the JJ will make a splash.

Bush I see going to the lions. They need a back and he will be back in a high powered O.

Hartline will stay. Him and RT have a good thing going.
    Quote Quote