Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corrradelle Patterson is the way to go at pick 12.

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft Corrradelle Patterson is the way to go at pick 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE

Pick him up in the 1st round. Look at home he breaks those tackles. Such an explosive player.

Jennings + Patterson + Bess/Stedman Bailey (third round)

Here is some Stedman Bailey highlights, for those unfamiliar with the man out of WVU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci2K1xx6bmQ

My god, our offense would explode. They would make Tannehill improve so much.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looks explosive, I'll give you that.

I will wait though........
    ...wait for CK's in depth and analysis before I home in on a favorite WR
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why are we giving up on Bess already? Patterson + Hartline + Jennings + Bess + Matthews is a damn good looking WR corps, from both a proven production standpoint, and a potential standpoint. I'd be VERY happy if we went into the season like that.

But I'm convinced Ireland makes a trade before then.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I may get laughed at for this, but I see some Jerry Rice in Cordarelle Patterson's game. If I'm a scout, I want to figure out how bad he wants it and all those other qualities that go into making a player great. Physically, the talent is there. No question. He seems like the perfect fit for a WCO with his ability to make yards after the catch. Regarding free agency, I think Miami should spend it on bringing in a starting caliber corner. I like Jennings, but we can get our receivers in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinidadDolfan View Post
    Looks explosive, I'll give you that.

I will wait though........
    ...wait for CK's in depth and analysis before I home in on a favorite WR
    He'll back me up on Bailey. I know that for sure.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UCF Nation View Post
    He'll back me up on Bailey. I know that for sure.
    And Patterson.

Cordarrelle is definitely on the list at 12 overall. I just don't know if he's highest on the list yet.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Why are we giving up on Bess already? Patterson + Hartline + Jennings + Bess + Matthews is a damn good looking WR corps, from both a proven production standpoint, and a potential standpoint. I'd be VERY happy if we went into the season like that.

But I'm convinced Ireland makes a trade before then.
    I don't know that it's realistic to pull in Greg Jennings (who will cost $7 or $8 million a year), Brian Hartline (who will cost $5 or $6 million a year), Davone Bess (who costs $4 million a year) AND a Cordarrelle Patterson at 12 overall. That's literally about $20 million per year (1/6th of your salary cap), plus the opportunity cost of not being able to use that 12 overall pick on another position. That's overkill for a unit that could still go out on the field and not really make enough dynamic plays. Davone Bess doesn't make dynamic plays and neither does Brian Hartline. Greg Jennings doesn't make as many as he used to. Cordarrelle Patterson could, but only if he "gets it" so to speak...and until then when you've got guys like Greg Jennings, Davone Bess and Brian Hartline in front of him, guys that coaches tend to love because they're reliable if not necessarily huge play makers, that stymies Patterson's ability to actually get out there and make those dynamic plays.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this team will have to get greedy. look at the Pats offense. that is who they have to keep up with. Just as important as a WR in FA and possibly two in the draft by Rd 3, is an athletic TE. Egnew seems to be a waste
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I don't know that it's realistic to pull in Greg Jennings (who will cost $7 or $8 million a year), Brian Hartline (who will cost $5 or $6 million a year), Davone Bess (who costs $4 million a year) AND a Cordarrelle Patterson at 12 overall. That's literally about $20 million per year (1/6th of your salary cap), plus the opportunity cost of not being able to use that 12 overall pick on another position. That's overkill for a unit that could still go out on the field and not really make enough dynamic plays. Davone Bess doesn't make dynamic plays and neither does Brian Hartline. Greg Jennings doesn't make as many as he used to. Cordarrelle Patterson could, but only if he "gets it" so to speak...and until then when you've got guys like Greg Jennings, Davone Bess and Brian Hartline in front of him, guys that coaches tend to love because they're reliable if not necessarily huge play makers, that stymies Patterson's ability to actually get out there and make those dynamic plays.
    I would love Jennings because you know what he gives you. He may be as explosive as Wallace, but he will come cheaper. He knows the offense, and is a proven leader on and off the field. If we did pick-up Patterson and Bailey, their development would be even greater if they had a guy like Jennings mentoring them. That's a great foundation for a superbowl team offense 3-4 years down the line.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    And Patterson.

Cordarrelle is definitely on the list at 12 overall. I just don't know if he's highest on the list yet.
    OK guys, I just had to go back and watch some of the highlight reels on both Bailey and Patterson.

And, in that limited capacity, I came up with some observations:

Patterson seems to fight hard on every play. He is looking for the space on the field, and just doesn't give up. His ability to "juke" defenders is fantastic. He is so...YAC
    Bailey has such soft hands, it is amazing to watch. Tough competitor too. He can make defenders miss with the best of them.

For me, what seperated the two was the deep ball. I salivated while watching Bailey. Why? Because we are looking for the man to stretch the field and make things easier on Bess etc. He seemed to thrive on "down-the-chute" passes, and we have not had that person in many years. O.K, so he is 5-10" vs Patterson 6-3". Would love to see the 40 times at the combine. They are both speedsters, with Bailey clocking somewhere around 4.38. Patterson seemed to make a lot of catch-and-fall catches, but when he stayed in stride he was moving fast, looking for holes.

But....there is something about Bailey. He just looks like a bad-ass talent who lives in a house lined with deep-ball wallpaper.

See this link for Bailey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9i0ZNwUURQ

Soooo comfortable with the over-the-shoulder ball. Wow.
    Daddy like.
    Quote Quote