Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corrradelle Patterson is the way to go at pick 12.

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The two guys from Tennessee are the highest ceiling WR's I see in this draft. Patterson is simply the most explosive player in the entire draft at any position for my eyes. He has the size, strength, build and determination to beat press coverage coupled with very good speed and phenomenal burst to create separation. His RAC ability is probably the best in the class. He has natural hands and good technique as a catcher, but you can tell he hasn't been coached at it as intensively for very long. Patterson is simply tailor made for the WCO. Bailey seems like one of many good small WR's.

Justin Hunter is an ideal fit in any offense, but he needs more strength, health and reps to develop into a Randy Moss/AJ Green style of WR. He's the best red zone threat WR in this draft, has deep speed, good RAC (despite being overshadowed by Patterson), willing and capable downfield blocker. But, he isn't strong enough and doesn't hold onto the ball in traffic well enough yet.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Daniel Jeremiah, former scout for a number of teams, has Patterson going 8 overall to the Bills in his latest mock draft.
    Yea I could see that. Also think it's possible that Carolina or StL making a small deal to move up a few spots (just to jump us, really). This top-10 is void of elite home-run guys, so I could see Patterson going high on potential and combine results. Without big splash prospects, It's going to be an unpredictable top-15, I have a feeling.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just want to say, been on cbssports.com nfldraftscout and there mock they have two experts mocking together, one has us taking Allen, the other has us taking Patterson. Not until Minnesota's pick at #23 do they reverse the picks. Which just makes me think these guys are overranked for sucker teams like us or why draft these guys if no one else might not want? Lets let the WR draft market get stuffed up at 43.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Just want to say, been on cbssports.com nfldraftscout and there mock they have two experts mocking together, one has us taking Allen, the other has us taking Patterson. Not until Minnesota's pick at #23 do they reverse the picks. Which just makes me think these guys are overranked for sucker teams like us or why draft these guys if no one else might not want? Lets let the WR draft market get stuffed up at 43.
    It wouldn't be...wise...to conclude things about guys from a talent perspective based on some pattern that you think you've noticed in mock drafts.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know that it's realistic to pull in Greg Jennings (who will cost $7 or $8 million a year), Brian Hartline (who will cost $5 or $6 million a year), Davone Bess (who costs $4 million a year) AND a Cordarrelle Patterson at 12 overall. That's literally about $20 million per year (1/6th of your salary cap), plus the opportunity cost of not being able to use that 12 overall pick on another position. That's overkill for a unit that could still go out on the field and not really make enough dynamic plays. Davone Bess doesn't make dynamic plays and neither does Brian Hartline. Greg Jennings doesn't make as many as he used to. Cordarrelle Patterson could, but only if he "gets it" so to speak...and until then when you've got guys like Greg Jennings, Davone Bess and Brian Hartline in front of him, guys that coaches tend to love because they're reliable if not necessarily huge play makers, that stymies Patterson's ability to actually get out there and make those dynamic plays.
    Honestly I'd be much happier with Mike Wallace. And if we have to cut Bess and/or Rishard Matthews to free up cap then sorry. Give me Wallace, Patterson and Hartline and I'll be a happy man. Add in a catching tight end and you have a monstrous passing game. And that's 1 veteran WR Free Agent, 1 first Round WR and 1 2nd or 3rd Round TE and that still leaves 3 picks in the first 5 rounds to address pass rusher or CB. Ireland just has to have the sack to do it. What I expect is that he'll whiff on Wallace and Jennings, draft offensive linemen, pass rushers and CB's in the first two rounds (positional value) and address WR in round 3.

This is the year we can take a chance to be great. Does Ireland dare though?
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It wouldn't be...wise...to conclude things about guys from a talent perspective based on some pattern that you think you've noticed in mock drafts.
    Obviously correct here, but I think his point about WR at #12 has some merit. Looks like there could be some real stud players available at #12 - L. Johnson, J. Cooper, etc. There isn't a WR in the draft that I see with that combination of talent and refinement. With just the number of WR's grouped pretty close together, I'd rather start looking at 42 or 54.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I want Wallace and draft Hopkins rd 1. I doubt Patterson would have been a starter at Clemson this past season. Now go ahead and flame away on that.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we could bump back from 12 to....say 20 or so, and pick up an extra pick in late RD2.....

Then we could get Bailey at 20, and use 2c) on Honey Badger (he will fly off the board once RD3 starts, my opinion).

That, together with Jennings or Wallace or Bowe in FA means:

Jennings/Wallace/Bowe.......Bailey......Honey Badger. All in Dolphins uniform, after only using up our #12 pick.

Then we would STILL have 2 other picks in RD2, and 2 more picks in RD3.

Wow, I would take that any day of the week.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    either patterson or terrance williams 4.4 speed 6'2 200 pounds.
    "Five yards is my life!" - Don Shula to a referee who had told Shula to quit arguing, that the penalty he just called was only five yards
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    just not seeing the value. ive been pretty consistent saying this.

if we get jennings, i'll bet any amount of money we dont get a wr at 12. I Just feel too much hype going on with these guys and the world right now has us locked into them. too many other wr's with good talent out there.
    Quote Quote