Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: PFF- Not Good Stats on Smith

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,271
    vCash:
    3682
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

    PFF- Not Good Stats on Smith

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...d-cornerbacks/

    This is a signature stat from PFF on which CB's allowed the most TD's and first downs. Smith was the worst, although when you consider the amount of snaps he was in for, he is 14th worst.

    This is only a part of evaluating his play but, a big one.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    JERSEYFINFAN23's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    980
    vCash:
    1684
    Thanks / No Thanks
    3 fins DB's in the worst -- time too change them!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,271
    vCash:
    3682
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by JERSEYFINFAN23 View Post
    3 fins DB's in the worst -- time too change them!
    To be fair, all three played in positions they were not planned to play before the VD trade and Marshall injury. IMO, that affected Carroll and Wilson more than Smith, and would consider that in their play.

    For Smith, he has some value as a #2 but, not close to a #1.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    dolfin530's Avatar
    Student of the Game

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    832
    vCash:
    2623
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really liked Smith since we drafted him but he has not taken advantage of his skill set. Starting to think we should let him go even if he won't cost much.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    4,402
    vCash:
    8366
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's amazing how quickly S.Smith progressed reversed from his stellar play the first 3-4 games or so of the season. He was like a completely different player he challenged the Andre Johnson and A.J Greens and Larry Fitzgerald. I honestly saw the Jets Cromartie in Sean Smith. Then all of a sudden it's like his mind realized that he was actually playing at a very good level and decided that was unacceptable.......

    He's truly a frustrating player! The physical abilities are clearly their, But you can tell in his body language and especially when he speaks to the media his problem is cleary upstairs in the area of confidence and truly wanting to be elite.

    Personally, I think the only way he will ever reach his full potential is on another team. Not because Miami didn't try to bring it out of him, But more because of the reality of being let go because you refuse to bring it!
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,271
    vCash:
    3682
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    It's amazing how quickly S.Smith progressed reversed from his stellar play the first 3-4 games or so of the season. He was like a completely different player he challenged the Andre Johnson and A.J Greens and Larry Fitzgerald. I honestly saw the Jets Cromartie in Sean Smith. Then all of a sudden it's like his mind realized that he was actually playing at a very good level and decided that was unacceptable.......

    He's truly a frustrating player! The physical abilities are clearly their, But you can tell in his body language and especially when he speaks to the media his problem is cleary upstairs in the area of confidence and truly wanting to be elite.

    Personally, I think the only way he will ever reach his full potential is on another team. Not because Miami didn't try to bring it out of him, But more because of the reality of being let go because you refuse to bring it!
    Yeah, he actually played very well up until around the half way point, and then, got lost. No clue as to why but, I was watching a different player, who even seemed disinterested a few times.

    I'm gonna leave this choice up to Coyle, He is or only FA who I do not have an opinion on, one way or the other.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2010
    Posts:
    2,539
    vCash:
    3822
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    It's amazing how quickly S.Smith progressed reversed from his stellar play the first 3-4 games or so of the season. He was like a completely different player he challenged the Andre Johnson and A.J Greens and Larry Fitzgerald. I honestly saw the Jets Cromartie in Sean Smith. Then all of a sudden it's like his mind realized that he was actually playing at a very good level and decided that was unacceptable.......

    He's truly a frustrating player! The physical abilities are clearly their, But you can tell in his body language and especially when he speaks to the media his problem is cleary upstairs in the area of confidence and truly wanting to be elite.

    Personally, I think the only way he will ever reach his full potential is on another team. Not because Miami didn't try to bring it out of him, But more because of the reality of being let go because you refuse to bring it!
    I disagree somewhat. You said Smith excelled in the first 3 or 4 games. Our CB in those first few games were Richard Marshall and Smith was able to play his style of football, Press man to man. When Marshall got hurt, Smith was forced to play off more and play in more a zone where he struggles at because one of Carrol biggest struggles are in man but hes a decent zone corner. Sean Smith will never be an elite corner IMO, but he isn't asking for elite money either.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Travis34's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    5,543
    vCash:
    7556
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Smith's only value at this point is against bigger WR's it would seem. He can be physical with them and jam, but yet he isn't that type of guy. It honestly doesn't make sense, its the mystery of Sean Smith though. Good play, bad play. I never expect him to make a play on the ball anymore to be honest.

    But at the Colts game in person, it appeared he handled Reggie well, albeit beaten a few times.

    Carroll is what he is. I can live with him as our 4th or 5th guy. Maybe McCann can step up as a nickle or against speedy wrs. But other than that, our corners need a serious revamp

    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    royalshank's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    1,396
    vCash:
    5125
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...d-cornerbacks/

    This is a signature stat from PFF on which CB's allowed the most TD's and first downs. Smith was the worst, although when you consider the amount of snaps he was in for, he is 14th worst.

    This is only a part of evaluating his play but, a big one.
    Let's evaluate the other part! 5 career INTs in 64 games started + boatloads of missed tackles - he STINKS!!!
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,271
    vCash:
    3682
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by royalshank View Post
    Let's evaluate the other part! 5 career INTs in 64 games started + boatloads of missed tackles - he STINKS!!!
    Ya know, I love a good discussion/debate regarding Phins players on this forum, and there have been many. Then, every once in a while, someone posts something they know absolutely nothing about as fact like you did here.

    Smith had FOUR missed tackles all of last year. That tied him for #8, of all the NFL CB's playing half a team's snaps, for the fewest. So much for your "boatload."
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 03:34 PM
  2. Sean Smith's career stats say it all...
    By illscriptures in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-20-2013, 03:37 PM
  3. afc east, stats and trends... good read
    By frostyphin84 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 01:44 AM
  4. Interesting Stats on Troy Smith
    By DrewOldSchool in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 01:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •