Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PFF- Not Good Stats on Smith

1. -11
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    It's amazing how quickly S.Smith progressed reversed from his stellar play the first 3-4 games or so of the season. He was like a completely different player he challenged the Andre Johnson and A.J Greens and Larry Fitzgerald. I honestly saw the Jets Cromartie in Sean Smith. Then all of a sudden it's like his mind realized that he was actually playing at a very good level and decided that was unacceptable.......

He's truly a frustrating player! The physical abilities are clearly their, But you can tell in his body language and especially when he speaks to the media his problem is cleary upstairs in the area of confidence and truly wanting to be elite.

Personally, I think the only way he will ever reach his full potential is on another team. Not because Miami didn't try to bring it out of him, But more because of the reality of being let go because you refuse to bring it!
    I disagree somewhat. You said Smith excelled in the first 3 or 4 games. Our CB in those first few games were Richard Marshall and Smith was able to play his style of football, Press man to man. When Marshall got hurt, Smith was forced to play off more and play in more a zone where he struggles at because one of Carrol biggest struggles are in man but hes a decent zone corner. Sean Smith will never be an elite corner IMO, but he isn't asking for elite money either.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think they only keep him for cheap. But what are we gonna do then? We cant just hope that Marshall comes back good, AND hope to land a solid CB in FA. They are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place with Smith it seems. I think they offer him #2 corner money to stay, but he will test the market and get signed by some idiots. Probably the Jets, to take Revis' place LOL. That would be classic!!
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Everyone in our secondary other than Rashad Jones and maybe Chris Clemons needs to be cut or let go. We should try to get Kenny Vaccaro to play free safety and come down to play the nickel which would reduce Clemons to more of a back up/special teamer who only sees the field in sub packages. Draft a CB and try to see who we can get in free agency that Coyle can work his magic from Cinci on.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think that I've ever seen a CB drop as many INTs as Smith.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    PFF's information is cementing my want to see us move on from this guy.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Brave Rifles

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Ya know, I love a good discussion/debate regarding Phins players on this forum, and there have been many. Then, every once in a while, someone posts something they know absolutely nothing about as fact like you did here.

Smith had FOUR missed tackles all of last year. That tied him for #8, of all the NFL CB's playing half a team's snaps, for the fewest. So much for your "boatload."
    So he did well in 1 category. The guy sucks. He should hang out with Channing Crowder, they both are all talk, but when it comes to perform they come up short more often than not. The guy is ****ing average at best.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tokyo, Japan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The question is now - does he deserve the money he is looking for with stats like that?

A world of dew,
    and within every dewdrop
    a world of struggle.

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by retarmyfinfan View Post
    So he did well in 1 category. The guy sucks. He should hang out with Channing Crowder, they both are all talk, but when it comes to perform they come up short more often than not. The guy is ****ing average at best.
    I have no problem with your opinion of Smith. I do have a problem when you post things which are not close to being true as fact.

I'm sure you agree, and will correct that to give this forum accurate info.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ya know, I love a good discussion/debate regarding Phins players on this forum, and there have been many. Then, every once in a while, someone posts something they know absolutely nothing about as fact like you did here.

Smith had FOUR missed tackles all of last year. That tied him for #8, of all the NFL CB's playing half a team's snaps, for the fewest. So much for your "boatload."
    First, you can't miss a tackle if you aren't in position to make one. Second, my point was that he is a poor tackler. Third, through his CAREER he has had a penchant for missing tackels in key situations - one of his four misses this year was a total whiff on a 3rd and long Jake Locker scramble that kept a drive alive. Are you really going to try to argue he is a good tackler? He hits like a chick from the lingerie league. He stinks.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have no problem with your opinion of Smith. I do have a problem when you post things which are not close to being true as fact.

I'm sure you agree, and will correct that to give this forum accurate info.
    Hey, I think you meant this for me. I understand your point. I was ranting a bit and you are correct - the tackling thing is not factual - thank you for correcting. I am just so frustrated with Smith as he has the physical gifts but they don't translate on the field. I wish he would hit a growth spurt in his play - I'm sure everyone on this forum would love that. Respect your comments bro.
    Quote Quote