Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: La Canfora: Wallace has played last "down" for steelers: seeking $10-11 million

1. -21
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I cannot wait for another offseason of LaConfora musings.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    why the **** does everyone act like it's their money? it's not your money. goddamn.
    Show me the money!!!!!!! Louder Jerry I can't hear you.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hmm too much money, of course he'll have to take less because I don't think there is anyone that would pay that much money for a receiver who didn't even have a 1,000 yards last year. I hope I'm not wrong, however I would give him 8-9 million a year.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Well looks like we will be using that Jake Long money on Wallace

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Looking like a Larry Fitzgerald contract.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not your money logic is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in this forum.

Okay it's not our money, let's handicap our team and give everyone everything they want.

Hartline six million? Okay done.
    Long 12 million? Okay done.
    Starks you want 6 million? Sure it's not our money who cares, go ahead get it done Ireland.
    Fasano you want 5 million? YOU'RE AT THE RIGHT PLACE, the fans don't care about how the cap space is spent, done.
    Smith you want 10 million per year like Carr? Ireland pay that overrated guy, it's not your money it's just team cap space.

Jones would you like an extension? Just one moment though you see we just recklessly spent our cap space and even though you're the only one that actually deserves a new contract let me see if we can actually pay you. But hey the fans should not care if we lose you in the future to a better managed team as it is not their money.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhenne7 View Post
    You guys all want speedsters and a wr who can spread the field and bring fear to cornerbacks, yet when a big one gets on the market yall wanna lowball and pay like 5 million for the guy. I dont understand. Pay the man, and welcome to miami!
    Its true, the only way you get a dynamic playmaker on the cheap is to draft them and hope they develop into a probowler, but then if and when they do they want more money or they leave for another team. Bottom line, if you want top tier talent you have to pay top dollar at some point - unless you have one of those rare FO's that rarely misses on a pick and can just keep replacing probowl talent through the draft. Miami has not shown they can do that in a very very long time (not just under Jeff Ireland).
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    well, this would be the second most ridiculous thing I've read then. Someone hasn't been taking notes, OBVIOUSLY I don't want to resign long, and I DO want a Wallace over Jennings. But I shouldn't have to explain things any further than... we have to sign players this offseason, CBA demands that we do so. we can't just roll over 40 million onto the cap next season. But go ahead, i'm sure someone around here can break it down barney style for your.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    It's not your money logic is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in this forum.

Okay it's not our money, let's handicap our team and give everyone everything they want.

Starks you want 6 million? Sure it's not our money who cares, go ahead get it done Ireland.
    Fasano you want 5 million? YOU'RE AT THE RIGHT PLACE, the fans don't care about how the cap space is spent, done.
    Smith you want 10 million per year like Carr? Ireland pay that overrated guy, it's not your money it's just team cap space.

Jones would you like an extension? Just one moment though you see we just recklessly spent our cap space and even though you're the only one that actually deserves a new contract let me see if we can actually pay you. But hey the fans should not care if we lose you in the future to a better managed team as it is not their money.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Bateman View Post
    Its true, the only way you get a dynamic playmaker on the cheap is to draft them and hope they develop into a probowler, but then if and when they do they want more money or they leave for another team. Bottom line, if you want top tier talent you have to pay top dollar at some point - unless you have one of those rare FO's that rarely misses on a pick and can just keep replacing probowl talent through the draft. Miami has not shown they can do that in a very very long time (not just under Jeff Ireland).
    careful, you'll have the third most ridiculous thread someone has read around here. The very notion that you can sign a good player in free agency, absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pay him. You can signa couple mid level guys on the cheap or get a stud for the same money. Get the stud and hope one of your draft picks breaks out. I would love to have the problem of to many playmakers.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sign him. You get a legit #1 for the next five years and at that time he will be the age of Jennings. It really is a no brainer.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceGalactic Empire medal
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post

Where you getting those numbers? From armando? Even if those opening asking prices are correct, no way those guys will get those paychecks. It's doubtful we get to keep all of our FA's , just like most teams, but being frivolous shouldn't be a factor this year.
    Quote Quote