Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: La Canfora: Wallace has played last "down" for steelers: seeking $10-11 million

1. -41
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    You present a false argument. There is no objective data that supports a linear correlation with team success and spending excessively in free agency. In fact, I would argue that the upper echelon teams (in terms of consistency) are selective with free agency and build through solid drafting (Packers, Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, 49'ers, Giants) and teams that traditonally spend heavily in free agency have little to show for it (Redskins, Bills, Eagles)
    That's probably true but our gm doesn't have any get out of jail, keep building through the draft cards left. The team has to take a big leap this year or he's gone. I am sure he is going to make some big FA signings with all that slush fund he has accumulated. Hopefully he re-signs some of our own.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Get Wallace, Levitre, and Cox the CB...trade back from 12th to around the 22nd...pick up Tyler Eifert with our 1st, Ezekiel Ansah 2a., Shields S LSU 2b., Steadman Bayley 2c, then, Markus Wheaton 3a, Kiko Alonso 3b...
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Drivin' the Yeremiah Bell Bandwagon

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Murrieta CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pull the trigger! He is just about as good as it gets in free agency, in a position of need, and we have the cap space!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I can't wait for the next round of ridiculous "but all he does is run go routes" posts on this subject. Can't wait.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

5. -45

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd give him 4-years/$40-50 million.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When you've been paying Long 11 million a year, paying Wallace 11 a year doesnt seem so bad. If you gave me the choice between having Long or Wallace, I'm taking Wallace without a doubt. We have to get playmakers this off-season. No excuses, have to do whatever it takes to get Tannehill weapons and improve the pass defense.
    Last edited by BigNastyDB13; 01-29-2013 at 05:45 AM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like i have said before , Don't be surprised when Miami drafts two WR and a TE and do nothing in FA reference to the WR problem.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

La Canfora: Wallace has played last "down" for steelers: seeking $10-11 million

Quote Originally Posted by jerry denny View Post
    Like i have said before , Don't be surprised when Miami drafts two WR and a TE and do nothing in FA reference to the WR problem.
    I'd be shocked if Miami does not sign a veteran WR if Hartline walks. If Hartline stays I have no problem drafting multiple WR's and not signing anyone.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The state of our wr corp is awful. I would love to have Wallace here. Bowe doesn't excite me. He is reliable but we already have that with Hartline. Pay Wallace and our offense suddenly is a strong suit.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: La Canfora: Wallace has played last "down" for steelers: seeking $10-11 million

Quote Originally Posted by ticophin View Post
    Get Wallace, Levitre, and Cox the CB...trade back from 12th to around the 22nd...pick up Tyler Eifert with our 1st, Ezekiel Ansah 2a., Shields S LSU 2b., Steadman Bayley 2c, then, Markus Wheaton 3a, Kiko Alonso 3b...
    I would straight up crap myself if we could actually pull this off. If we could somehow snag Carradine or Jenkins in addition to Ansah...I may have a heart attack.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote