Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: La Canfora: Wallace has played last "down" for steelers: seeking $10-11 million

1. -31
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why should I be taking notes of what you're posting? Fans want players to be signed on appropriate contracts, not overspend just to overspend.

We are currently paying Dansby as if he were Ray Lewis in his prime. But hey let's give Mike a contract like Larry Fitzgerald it's just cap space not our money. That's how we do it here, bribe marginal stars with money and the weather.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    Why should I be taking notes of what you're posting? Fans want players to be signed on appropriate contracts, not overspend just to overspend.

We are currently paying Dansby as if he were Ray Lewis in his prime. But hey let's give Mike a contract like Larry Fitzgerald it's just cap space not our money. That's how we do it here, bribe marginal stars with money and the weather.
    mando seriously it's getting old. I can't wait until we sign Wallace to 10 mil a year and you complain about it. I do however wish I could visit an alternate reality where we don't sign Wallace, and he signs elsewhere for 10 million and you bitch that Ireland was too cheap to sign a playmaker. Because i'm calling it now, you'd bitch not matter what we do this offseason.

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So do we spend 11M on a LT or on a WR. No brainer...See ya Long, welcome to Miami Wallace.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The same people saying "Not for that $$$" Are the same people that will whine if we dont sign him.
    Wallace is an excellent WR. We will have the money.
    Pay the ****ing man.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

La Canfora: Wallace has played last "down" for steelers: seeking $10-11 million

Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    It's not your money logic is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in this forum.

Okay it's not our money, let's handicap our team and give everyone everything they want.

Hartline six million? Okay done.
    Long 12 million? Okay done.
    Starks you want 6 million? Sure it's not our money who cares, go ahead get it done Ireland.
    Fasano you want 5 million? YOU'RE AT THE RIGHT PLACE, the fans don't care about how the cap space is spent, done.
    Smith you want 10 million per year like Carr? Ireland pay that overrated guy, it's not your money it's just team cap space.

Jones would you like an extension? Just one moment though you see we just recklessly spent our cap space and even though you're the only one that actually deserves a new contract let me see if we can actually pay you. But hey the fans should not care if we lose you in the future to a better managed team as it is not their money.
    Way to completely miss the point.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

La Canfora: Wallace has played last "down" for steelers: seeking $10-11 million

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    The same people saying "Not for that $$$" Are the same people that will whine if we dont sign him.
    Wallace is an excellent WR. We will have the money.
    Pay the ****ing man.
    This. Certain people live to complain because they're not happy unless they're bitching about something. A large number of them post here.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    If Mike Wallace isn't worth it, who the hell is??? At 26, he'd be a force in our offense for the next several years. Wallace is a true number 1 receiver that this offense needs. He may not know the offense like a Greg Jennings, but he's still capable of putting up 1200 yards and 10 TDs any given season with his speed alone. THAT'S the kind of playmaking ability we need on this offense...that's the kind of go to receiver Tannehill could use.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And I'm sure Vincent Jackson went out there asking for Larry Fitzgerald money. It's called negotiating, guys.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by randy8216 View Post
    Just pay him and then lets move on and build a dang team instead of trying to save money and undervalue players
    You present a false argument. There is no objective data that supports a linear correlation with team success and spending excessively in free agency. In fact, I would argue that the upper echelon teams (in terms of consistency) are selective with free agency and build through solid drafting (Packers, Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, 49'ers, Giants) and teams that traditonally spend heavily in free agency have little to show for it (Redskins, Bills, Eagles)
    [SIGPIC]The cynic knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing
    -Oscar Wilde
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    You present a false argument. There is no objective data that supports a linear correlation with team success and spending excessively in free agency. In fact, I would argue that the upper echelon teams (in terms of consistency) are selective with free agency and build through solid drafting (Packers (favre, rogers) , Steelers (Big Ben), Ravens (flacco) , Patriots (Brady), 49'ers (kaepernick) , Giants(Eli) and teams that traditonally spend heavily in free agency have little to show for it (Redskins (no QB until this year), Bills (overpaid Fitz), Eagles(Run Down Vick, although they went to several NFC championship games with Mcnabb))
    hmmm more than the money spent on free agent pickups, those teams you list have franchise or close to franchise guys, and again it's been proven with few exceptions that great teams have great Quarterbacks.
    Quote Quote