Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: La Canfora: Wallace has played last "down" for steelers: seeking $10-11 million

1. -81
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Republic of Panama
    Thanks / No Thanks
    T r u e!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    Hmm too much money, of course he'll have to take less because I don't think there is anyone that would pay that much money for a receiver who didn't even have a 1,000 yards last year. I hope I'm not wrong, however I would give him 8-9 million a year.
    But he has 8 TD's which is probably more than all of our WR combined. But with that said, i'm not sure he's worth that much. Guys worth that much money are the Calvin johnsons's, Larry Fitzgeralds Vincent Jackson's and even Brandon Marshals of the world. Guys that can beat you deep, make tough catches accross the middle and Even make plays with defenders draped all over them, not sure Wallace fits that mold. He's more of a one trick pony no?
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins28 View Post
    People wants playmakers but they don't want to pay them, it's really funny
    Similar to a Line from the movie Marked for Death. The Character Screwface said " Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants DEAD!"
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dude itsn't worth it...horrible route runner and we need an alpha type receiver NOT just a burner...
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by cnantista3 View Post
    dude itsn't worth it...horrible route runner and we need an alpha type receiver NOT just a burner...
    No we don't. I think this is the biggest misconception on this board. We need an "alpha" WR. We had one for 2 years and where did that get us? We need a better overall group of WR's and Mike Wallace would be a tremendous addition. The west coast offense is predicated on guys who can get seperation and run crisp routes. Sure Wallace isn't the most noteworthy route runner but he can beat you down the field like nobody else in the league and that weapon to stretch a defense just opens up holes for Bush, Bess and Fasano all over. You know why we made the playoffs in 2008? Great QB, Great discipline . . . . and we had speed on the outside and a seam threat at TE . . . we certainly didn't have any "alphas" then but we had a group of guys that complimented each other well.
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    No we don't. I think this is the biggest misconception on this board. We need an "alpha" WR. We had one for 2 years and where did that get us? We need a better overall group of WR's and Mike Wallace would be a tremendous addition. The west coast offense is predicated on guys who can get seperation and run crisp routes. Sure Wallace isn't the most noteworthy route runner but he can beat you down the field like nobody else in the league and that weapon to stretch a defense just opens up holes for Bush, Bess and Fasano all over. You know why we made the playoffs in 2008? Great QB, Great discipline . . . . and we had speed on the outside and a seam threat at TE . . . we certainly didn't have any "alphas" then but we had a group of guys that complimented each other well.
    In a way he's what Torrey Smith has been doing for the Ravens. He gets separation deep down the field at least 3 times a game, and opens up the middle of the field for Flacco. Defenses have to keep him in consideration. He was a nice draft pickup as he was doing this even his rookie year. However Smith does know how to disappear at times during the regular season...I think Wallace would help accomplish that in Miami, but him or Jennings would be a great pickup.
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    14 million is to much 10 million maybe. Ricky Williams was once the answer and you have seen the results. You draft studs build around them if they cost too much you move on and draft more.
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Dolphins4lyfe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cnantista3 View Post
    Where do people come up with these fairy tails that wallace can only run 9 routes? This is the dumbest counter-argument for signing wallace
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    10 million tops or it becomes Wallace's team not good. We had that with Marshall and Ricky did not work. Quick fixes hardly ever do
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Show him the dotted line...Sign here please.
    -

Quote Quote