Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld: Phins think Miller better than Bush.

1. -21
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    Martin was one of the worst rated tackles in the league last year. You're hoping on Miller but you don't really know.
    you don't immediately replace jake long with a rookie. I didn't expect martin to be better than a rookie jake long. all things considered, he was a rookie, and I have no doubts martin is going to be a better player than jake long in 2013. Miller? what do you mean hoping? everytime he touched the ball he produced. I am completely sure he'll be a better runningback than bush. bush has had a handful of games where he was a good runningback between the tackles, then disappeared from that role for half a season.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Half the team is unsigned. We aren't winning next year, folks.
    Do you honestly think the team today is what they are taking to training camp? They will re-sign some of their own free agents, they will sign some free agents from other teams and there is this thing called the NFL Draft in April. Ever hear of that?

There might be a lot of change this offseason, but there is absolutely no way you can make the statement you just did without admitting that you did so just to make a negative post. Way to early to make prediction statements unless you really do think the team under contract today is the final one.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think Philbins system demands an expensive feature back. I'll miss Reggie if he goes but I'm hoping they aren't putting an emphasis on resigning him because they plan on being a pass first team.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Dolphins on 3!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NewHampshire
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Half the team is unsigned. We aren't winning next year, folks.
    Well that settles it then. I guess I can find something else to do on football Sundays next season.. Sheesh dude, give them an offseason at least, will ya?!
    ...Oh ya, and I for one, think we ARE winning next year
    Danny
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    you don't immediately replace jake long with a rookie. I didn't expect martin to be better than a rookie jake long. all things considered, he was a rookie, and I have no doubts martin is going to be a better player than jake long in 2013. Miller? what do you mean hoping? everytime he touched the ball he produced. I am completely sure he'll be a better runningback than bush. bush has had a handful of games where he was a good runningback between the tackles, then disappeared from that role for half a season.
    Lets also remember Martin was asked as a rookie to move from LT, to RT, and back to LT, give him a full offseason in the weight room and at the same position and see how he can improve

As for Miller, I love that he just hit the hole and went North South & gained positive yards on every play, Reggie is great, no ill will towards him, but how many times did we see him get the ball and immediately hop and jump step to his left or right instead of hitting the hole, losing all his momentum and get stopped for no gain or a 1-3yard loss just because he tried to do to much, Miller is a smooth fluid runner who takes whats there and uses his burst to get to the hole before it closes and is dangerous when he can get to the 2nd level
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Do you honestly think the team today is what they are taking to training camp? They will re-sign some of their own free agents, they will sign some free agents from other teams and there is this thing called the NFL Draft in April. Ever hear of that?

There might be a lot of change this offseason, but there is absolutely no way you can make the statement you just did without admitting that you did so just to make a negative post. Way to early to make prediction statements unless you really do think the team under contract today is the final one.
    Leaving half the team unsigned is something a rebuilding team does with a new head coach and GM. You can't replace all of these guys in one offseason. I can't remember the last team to make the playoffs after changing half the roster. We're still in re-building mode, which will get everyone fired and the Dolphins never-ending wheel of pain will continue.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope Martin improves, I saw too many scripted roll outs to the right once Long was out. Is it me or did that usually spell doom for us.

Philbin is used to working with inadequate OL's in his days at GB, adding a Will Savitek for depth would be a very good low key addition to this team. Especially with his familiarity in the zone blocking scheme.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Leaving half the team unsigned is something a rebuilding team does with a new head coach and GM. You can't replace all of these guys in one offseason. I can't remember the last team to make the playoffs after changing half the roster. We're still in re-building mode, which will get everyone fired and the Dolphins never-ending wheel of pain will continue.
    Half the team? I don't see it. Right now there are 8 starters on defense from last year still under contract. I would expect 1-3 of the defensive free agents starters(Smith, Starks and Clemons) to re-sign this offseason. So the defense will return pretty much intact with the exception maybe of one or two changes. On offense 7 starters from last year will return and again I think a couple of the impending free agent starters(Hartline, Long, Fasano and Bush) will be back. All three special teams position players are retuning.

So right now 18 of the 25 starters from last year are under contract. I would expect at least 20 to be under contract before the start of free agency, hardly half the team. 5 picks in the top 82 will likely result in at least 2 immediate starters.

To make the comment you did was just ridiculous.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Half the team? I don't see it. Right now there are 8 starters on defense from last year still under contract. I would expect 1-3 of the defensive free agents starters(Smith, Starks and Clemons) to re-sign this offseason. So the defense will return pretty much intact with the exception maybe of one or two changes. On offense 7 starters from last year will return and again I think a couple of the impending free agent starters(Hartline, Long, Fasano and Bush) will be back. All three special teams position players are retuning.

So right now 18 of the 25 starters from last year are under contract. I would expect at least 20 to be under contract before the start of free agency, hardly half the team. 5 picks in the top 82 will likely result in at least 2 immediate starters.

To make the comment you did was just ridiculous.
    Reggie Bush, Brian Hartline, Sean Smith and Jake Long will be gone. Who are you going to replace them with? Those are key players although most of them are JAGs you still have to replace them. And you are doing it with a GM who has been a complete disaster in free agency.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Reggie Bush, Brian Hartline, Sean Smith and Jake Long will be gone.
    That is pure speculation at this point. Long and Bush probably won't be back but I have a gut feeling that Hartline, Smith and Starks will be back. Pure speculation on my part but no different than you speculating.

Who are you going to replace them with? Those are key players although most of them are JAGs you still have to replace them.
    If some of these players leave you can replace them with free agents from other teams or draft replacements. After all the draft is where the majority of the team will be built from. Not my words, that came from Ross, Philbin and Ireland. For example if Long leaves than Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson could be a replacement in the draft. I really think Greg Jennings will be signed in free agency so the blow of Hartline leaving would be lessened. If Starks leaves, Odrick can be shifted to defensive tackle and perhaps Michael Johnson could be signed in free agency. Or they could have Vernon compete with a draft pick for playing time at end. If Smith leaves, maybe Milliner or Rhodes becomes a target in the draft. The Dolphins have a lot of options and resources on their hands this offseason.
    And you are doing it with a GM who has been a complete disaster in free agency.
    There it is, another "Ireland is a big meanie and I hate him" post. Should have figured it was going to lead to this.
    Quote Quote