Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld: Phins think Miller better than Bush.

1. -81
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not even free agency yet, and people are acting like this season is a bust. Why don't we just wait for March, people.
    Miami Dolphins '13: 0-0-0
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    then you'd be wrong. from that list, 3 of them are already signed and I only came up with 8 starters.
    Ok so thats 21 then not 17

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
    Frederic Bastiat
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not sure Miller is better but I really liked what I saw from Miller. We need to either resign Bush or get an FA or draft a RB in the mid-late rounds. With DT unable to stay healthy we need someone to pair with Miller. I would sign Bush to a two year deal.
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    don[t move the target roy. The target was, half the team is unsigned. which would be a blanket statement that implies half our starters are not signed. Josh completely tossed that notion out the window.
    Both are probably right to a degree. This feels more like year 2 of a 5 year rebuild than just adding a few finishing touches to a championship caliber team but that doesn't mean we can't have a winning record or even sneak into the playoffs next season.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This Board severely overates Reggie Bush. I like the guy, but facts are facts. The run Game was atrocious the last 12 games of 2012. I think Lamar Miller and Reggie are very close and Millers stock is pointing up While Reggie is decling. I wouldn't mind having him back on the cheap, but I am shocked after how bad the run game was (admittedly not all Reggie's Fault) that 70% of this board is mad we probabaly won't re-sign him. Its a smart move by Ireland not to chase a name.
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh really? A younger, cheaper, more explosive player who doesn't dance around in the backfield is a favorite of the front office? I never would have guessed.

I would take Thomas over the money Bush thinks he's worth.
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol and for a buncha people who hated sparano, you sure seem to be crying when it's sparano's players that are about to leave. I can't wait til we get some more philbin players in here.
    And you hit the nail on the head.
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    Leaving half the team unsigned is something a rebuilding team does with a new head coach and GM. You can't replace all of these guys in one offseason. I can't remember the last team to make the playoffs after changing half the roster. We're still in re-building mode, which will get everyone fired and the Dolphins never-ending wheel of pain will continue.
    So you're saying 26-27 guys are unsigned? This isn't reality so you need to stop talking like it is.

Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lamar Miller was at the University of Miami for three seasons. He redshirted the first year, minus an injury. The second year he split time with Damien Berry. His third season he severely fell out of favor with the fanbase late in the season, to the point his soft runs in short yardage situations were a weekly topic, and we couldn't wait to get rid of him for a better option in Duke Johnson.

The NFL took a long look and dropped him to the 4th round. Then the Dolphins rarely found a spot for him until late in the season, after Daniel Thomas more or less played himself out of the rotation.

Is that the resume of a dependable star in the making? Perhaps. But I don't want to be the person who thinks so. You'll get some things right but plenty wrong.

We already tried to pretend that a running back who redshirted in college could bloom into a big star. Ronnie Brown. I remember asking how redshirting could be ignored, when you're picking second? Premier running backs are on the field as soon as possible as freshmen and leave after three years. Miller couldn't get a handle on college or college offensive responsibilities as a freshman, similar to his rookie experience. No denying he has talent. He can exploit a seam. But there have been red flags all over the place, namely annual shoulder issues. Besides, I don't know how anybody can listen to him speak and think, yep, that's the guy we're building a championship foundation with.

A team that struggles to find burst plays and touchdowns is determined to get rid of a guy who provides them. That's wonderful. That's what 7-9 regimes do, like patching old stadiums. So many fans had obscenely underrated Reggie Bush during his New Orleans days and are determined to desperately hold onto that, like the last branch on the way down. I particularly love the notion that Reggie loses 1-2 yards by dancing, when 3-4 yards are actually available on those plays. That's the looney tune happy 40% adjustment, no problem.

Reggie really should sign elsewhere. His reputation now is far beyond what it was leaving New Orleans but it's still not what it should be. Only late in 2011 under Daboll was he used similarly to his USC days.

And I can't wait to see what we do with the few million in savings. Last year it was Artis Hicks and Richard Marshall.
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah he's a big jets fan..getting rid of bush is a mistake ..he's starting to find his niche in the nfl and if he goes to another team they will use him right and thats as a reciever out of the backfield..keep reggie for 3 more years,,get rid of daniel thomas..he's dumb and has no upside..slow as heck.
    Quote Quote