Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chip Kelly says big hands "is the biggest coaching point to finding a QB"

1. -11
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Yeah and the size of their nose affects their accuracy. C'mon now.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    So before the draft some people were concerned about tannehills 9 inch hands. So I ask this question again. Will this be a problem in cold weather games in the future? Lets be honest tannehill did not necessarily light it up in the cold weather road games this year (bills, pats, started bad vs jets then injury). Vick has very small hands I think 8.5-9 inches and he has always had ball control issues. Culpepper had extremely small hands and he had a fumbling problem. Another QB who had very small hands was chris chandler but he lead the falcons to a superbowl. Look I like Tanneill a lot and i love his skill-set and i do believe we finally find our franchise QB. He is intelligent, strong arm, mobile, athletic, accurate. But this small hands thing still sits in the back of my mind and I kind of cant get over the hurdle. So basically after reading what chip kelly said leads me to believe that he would probably not draft tannehill if he were in this draft based on hand size? I read one scouting website that said some nfl gm's and scouts rank hand size anywhere from 6-10 on a list of 10 most important attributes for a QB. So what do u guys think about this?

rotoworld.com
    So you list all the important traits a QB needs to have, you say T-Hill has them all(I agree FTR) and yet the small hands thing is the one that bothers you.
    If thats the case why worry if he has one checkmark box left blank?
    I'm sorry I just cant follow that line of thinking.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    I don't think teams should be taking advice from Chip Kelly at this point. He has done nothing in the NFL so his opinion certainly is not gospel.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You know what they say about small hands....

Yep, small gloves.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont think it really hurts him much. We've seen him take some hits and hold on (the NE TD run comes to mind), so thats the most important thing. As for affecting his throwing, I highly doubt it does anything at all. Its just all a bunch of crap if you ask me. Just like the wonderlic, it can maybe give you a little idea of a players potential, but certainly not to be trusted. All that matters is if a player has that special drive that makes him better than the others.
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Marino had small hands, end of discussion
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I predict a short and dismal career in the NFL for Chip Kelly
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    So before the draft some people were concerned about tannehills 9 inch hands. So I ask this question again. Will this be a problem in cold weather games in the future? Lets be honest tannehill did not necessarily light it up in the cold weather road games this year (bills, pats, started bad vs jets then injury). Vick has very small hands I think 8.5-9 inches and he has always had ball control issues. Culpepper had extremely small hands and he had a fumbling problem. Another QB who had very small hands was chris chandler but he lead the falcons to a superbowl. Look I like Tanneill a lot and i love his skill-set and i do believe we finally find our franchise QB. He is intelligent, strong arm, mobile, athletic, accurate. But this small hands thing still sits in the back of my mind and I kind of cant get over the hurdle. So basically after reading what chip kelly said leads me to believe that he would probably not draft tannehill if he were in this draft based on hand size? I read one scouting website that said some nfl gm's and scouts rank hand size anywhere from 6-10 on a list of 10 most important attributes for a QB. So what do u guys think about this?

rotoworld.com
    I call extreme BS.

buttfumble has some freakishly big hands, the biggest of all QB's at the combine if I remember correctly, 10.5"

How did that work out?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'd be much more concerned if he was drafted knowing his hands were small, and he came out last season dave krieg-ing the ball all over the field every game. he has now played approximately a full season in the NFL. he lost what? 3 or 4 fumbles when he was strip/sacked? it did not prove to be an issue, let it go.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hmm, is Chip Kelly by any chance related to Omar Kelly? Because he sucks too.
    Quote Quote