Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone seems to have an offseason plan...

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    P.C. Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Everyone seems to have an offseason plan...

So I thought I might as well jump on this trend and throw my idea out there and get some feedback..

First off this isn't going to cover every need as I think thats pretty difficult/impossible to do in 1 offseason so this is just hitting some holes that will make us a contender for next season and seasons to come and supply the team with a very talented roster. Also, I'm not a draft guru or expert so I am trying to be as realistic as I can possibly be.. Tear away..

OFFSEASON... 46 Million cap space + 5 after cutting patterson= 51

RE-SIGN...

DT Starks 4 yr- 24 million ( 6 per year )
    WR Hartline 4 yr- 22 million ( 5.5 per year )
    FS/SS Clemons 3 yr- 10 million ( 3.3 per year )
    SS/FS Jones 5 yr- 30 million ( 6 per year )

Those are the main guys I am interested in resigning.. Clemons can take it or leave it.. Hartline clearly has a nice relationship with Tannehill that I think is important and I love Starks. Jones deserves his pay day but idk what numbers he's going to command so that can be off.

SIGN... 30 Million available

WR Mike Wallace 5 yr- 57 million ( 11.4 per year )
    TE Dustin Keller 3 yr- 12 million ( 4 per year )
    CB Derek Cox 4 yr- 28 million ( 7 per year )

I Know Wallace is commanding a lot of money but I think he is worth it. He has proven time and time again he can get behind a defense and make them pay. Huge for Tannehill to take the next step. I think Keller can be a solid target for him as well as he is solid in the passing game. Cox can come in and be a solid corner for us after we let Smith walk.

DRAFT... 7 Million available

1st Round... T Lane Johnson.
    2nd Round pick A... If Desmond Trufant falls to pick 33 I'm trading up to grab him and walking away happy
    2nd Round pick B... DE Tank Carradine
    3rd Round pick A... S Bacarri Rambo
    3rd Round pick B... WR Ryan Swope

I think with grabbing Wallace in FA and Keller it allows us to focus elsewhere other than WR at # 12 and Lane Johnson's stock is soaring and I think he and J. Martin can battle it out for the LT position. 2 athletic tackles bode well for a ZBS. Hoping Trufant falls may be wishful thinking but if he is gone than IDK what I would do with our pick there. Carradine is a very talented DE that if he comes back healthy can be a great get in round 2.

​So there is my offseason plan.. Tell me what y'all think!!

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't want a T as first pick. Other than that is good.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    You guys make me nervous...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greenville, MS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know if we let Jake Long walk one of the tackle spots is going to need to be filled but i would probably set something really expensive on fire if we go oline round 1.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    P.C. Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know going tackle with our first pick sucks but we wouldn't go wr if we signed Wallace and re-signed Hartline I can't imagine. Plus I think Lane Johnson can be a perfect Tackle with our running scheme now making life way easier for Lamar Miller. What I would love is if D. Milner fell to us. Then I'd jump all over that and take Robert Woods or Q. Patton with our first second.

Another option I considered was taking K. Vaccaro at 12 and getting the #1 safety to pair with jones for years to come. That thought also intrigued me.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My Plan:

Sign and trade Jake long + next years 1st to Zona for Fitz

Resign Hartline
    Resign Starks
    Resign Jones
    Resign Fasano
    Sign Derek Cox
    Sign Connor Barwin

1. Safety either Kenny Vaccaro or Eric Reid
    2a. Xavier Rhodes if he is there
    2b. Zach Ertz or Terrence Williams
    3a. Montee Ball
    3b. Best available offensive lineman G or T

I do not feel any of this is a real reach. Ertz unfortunately will prob be gone by our 2nd rounders. The Fitz trade I am completely convinced has already been discuss and is a real possibility. We shall see gonna be a crazy couple of months.

Hardest thing for me was letting go of Bush but I like Miller a lot and I like Montee Ball even more so if we can snag him in the 3rd or even the 4th i would be thrilled with our depth at the position without bush.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm currently not really on board with Wallace. He'd be better than not addressing the WR position, but it seems to me that when the Steelers let somebody walk, it's for a good reason.

Also, if we take a T in the first - I'm sticking my head into a fan.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Finfan4lyfe91 View Post
    I know going tackle with our first pick sucks but we wouldn't go wr if we signed Wallace and re-signed Hartline I can't imagine. Plus I think Lane Johnson can be a perfect Tackle with our running scheme now making life way easier for Lamar Miller. What I would love is if D. Milner fell to us. Then I'd jump all over that and take Robert Woods or Q. Patton with our first second.

Another option I considered was taking K. Vaccaro at 12 and getting the #1 safety to pair with jones for years to come. That thought also intrigued me.
    Take out Lamar Miller and insert Reggie Bush. MILLER has shown too little...the jury's still out on him. He may be very good, or he may be nothing but a back-up...or worse, a bust! BUSH IS A UNIQUE WEAPON. Pay the man accordingly. This "cheaper is better" stuff is the same bullcrap that brought a great franchise to near-ruin. And YOU WANT MORE OF THE SAME? Thank God you're nobody in the MIAMI organization...you and so many of your Finheaven colleagues.

VACARO at #12??? Is he for sure the next great FS? Like BALTIMORE 's , e.g.? We aren't talking CB here. So if he's not, then spare me the crock of borscht. I'm not sure that I'd draft a FS at 12 to begin with. But if I did, he better be a LOCK...like ED was for BALTIMORE.

This is NOT "the year of the WR". That train already left the station. This is "the year of the pass-rushing DE/OLB". So, I'd draft at least 2 w/our top 2 picks...and maybe a "flyer" in Round 4 or Round 5. MIAMI has NO ONE worth spit as a pass-rusher except WAKE. I/m/o, the ODRICK Experiment at RDE is an abject failure: he's a very mobile DT, or i/m/o, he could be such. But a pass-rushing DE? No way! Draft a couple of pass-rushing DEs in this year's draft, let them compete w/O VERNON, move ODRICK to DT, make a certain well-discussed cut at the DT position to gain some more caproom, and enjoy it! We are in the AFC East w/N.E.. The ONLY way to beat N.E. is to rush T BRADY unmercifully. The GIANTS showed everyone how...TWICE...and BALTIMORE just gave us all a refresher course. So, look to get the personnel to do it!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Good points. it seems like when we need offense the draft is loaded with defensive players and visa versa.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    P.C. Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    Take out Lamar Miller and insert Reggie Bush. MILLER has shown too little...the jury's still out on him. He may be very good, or he may be nothing but a back-up...or worse, a bust! BUSH IS A UNIQUE WEAPON. Pay the man accordingly. This "cheaper is better" stuff is the same bullcrap that brought a great franchise to near-ruin. And YOU WANT MORE OF THE SAME? Thank God you're nobody in the MIAMI organization...you and so many of your Finheaven colleagues.

VACARO at #12??? Is he for sure the next great FS? Like BALTIMORE 's , e.g.? We aren't talking CB here. So if he's not, then spare me the crock of borscht. I'm not sure that I'd draft a FS at 12 to begin with. But if I did, he better be a LOCK...like ED was for BALTIMORE.

This is NOT "the year of the WR". That train already left the station. This is "the year of the pass-rushing DE/OLB". So, I'd draft at least 2 w/our top 2 picks...and maybe a "flyer" in Round 4 or Round 5. MIAMI has NO ONE worth spit as a pass-rusher except WAKE. I/m/o, the ODRICK Experiment at RDE is an abject failure: he's a very mobile DT, or i/m/o, he could be such. But a pass-rushing DE? No way! Draft a couple of pass-rushing DEs in this year's draft, let them compete w/O VERNON, move ODRICK to DT, make a certain well-discussed cut at the DT position to gain some more caproom, and enjoy it! We are in the AFC East w/N.E.. The ONLY way to beat N.E. is to rush T BRADY unmercifully. The GIANTS showed everyone how...TWICE...and BALTIMORE just gave us all a refresher course. So, look to get the personnel to do it!
    Dude calm down.. No wonder why people like myself don't post here that often!

I want to see what Lamar Miller has this year. If it doesn't work out get a RB next year. If Olivier Vernon can't be a good DE on a consistent basis then get one next year. We are not going to the Super Bowl next year unless a miracle happens anyways..

and as far as being "cheap" and not re-signing bush.. I used all the cap space we have so I'm not being cheap. I would rather roll the dice on Miller and sign Keller and Cox. There isn't any cap space available to sign them. And as far a drafting Vaccaro at 12 goes.. It was an idea. It's not in stone man. Just an idea is all. I was intrigued by it if he kills it at the combine. That is all.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    It's a trap!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Resign Clemons and draft Rambo?
    Quote Quote