Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Jets kicking the tires on Jamarcus Russell

1. -101
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I don't see what the big issue is. Yes, he was a bust. Yes, he had / has terrible work ethic. Yes, he hasn't shown anything to make anyone think that he is worth another shot. But you never know. The Jets are in a tough spot. They need to explore any and every option out there to try and improve the roster. Do I think Russel is anything more than a waste of time? No, but there is no harm in taking a look.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Your going to see alot of this from the Jets this year. They are losing so many FA's and starters...and are CAP strapped!

This will be interesting to watch...nyjunc will have to use his very best spin...
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    what would be the negatives in checking out a former #1 overall pick? please explain? let's say we sign him, do you think he'd get anything more than the minimum w/ no guaranteed money? would it hurt our cap? would there be any risk? We have more access to info than ever before yet people still don't understand how this game works.
    What's worse? dude, I thought the Jets are or were going to get competition for Sanchez. Tebow is better competition for sanchez than Jamarcuse. Russell Sucks and if they plan on getting a better FA, then get it, they are wasting time and $ and depth on Russell. But then again, Sanchez isn't much better than Russell, but they should get someone better than Sanchez and not was time with scrubs like Russel who apparently is playing weight for Offensive tackle right now.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I don't see what the big issue is. Yes, he was a bust. Yes, he had / has terrible work ethic. Yes, he hasn't shown anything to make anyone think that he is worth another shot. But you never know. The Jets are in a tough spot. They need to explore any and every option out there to try and improve the roster. Do I think Russel is anything more than a waste of time? No, but there is no harm in taking a look.
    That's pretty much the point. heck we were talking about bringing him in 2 years ago when sanchez was playing well. You never know if a guy suddenly starts to get it and even if you have a QB IF a miracle happens then you have depth at QB. There's no downside to taking a look or even signing him for ANY team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    Your going to see alot of this from the Jets this year. They are losing so many FA's and starters...and are CAP strapped!

This will be interesting to watch...nyjunc will have to use his very best spin...
    if we suck we suck, there's nothing I can do. I will always be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by cltchperf View Post
    What's worse? dude, I thought the Jets are or were going to get competition for Sanchez. Tebow is better competition for sanchez than Jamarcuse. Russell Sucks and if they plan on getting a better FA, then get it, they are wasting time and $ and depth on Russell. But then again, Sanchez isn't much better than Russell, but they should get someone better than Sanchez and not was time with scrubs like Russel who apparently is playing weight for Offensive tackle right now.
    Russell wouldn't be the competition for mark, that is totally different. We are going to look at a mid level vet like a Matt Moore or Jason Campbell.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    That's pretty much the point. heck we were talking about bringing him in 2 years ago when sanchez was playing well. You never know if a guy suddenly starts to get it and even if you have a QB IF a miracle happens then you have depth at QB. There's no downside to taking a look or even signing him for ANY team.

if we suck we suck, there's nothing I can do. I will always be honest.

Russell wouldn't be the competition for mark, that is totally different. We are going to look at a mid level vet like a Matt Moore or Jason Campbell.
    Something we actually can agree on.

Roster spots on wasted on guys who never develop anyways. QB is the hardest position to find. I would rather take a gamble on a QB over some project at some other position. IF a team saw enough in him to sign him, how is it any worse than having some nobody at any another position that most likely won't pan out? It's not.

If Russel was the only move the Jets (or any other team) were going to make to try and improve the QB position, then it would be a huge mistake. I doubt that would be the case with any team looking at him though.
    Quote Quote