Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets kicking the tires on Jamarcus Russell

1. -11
    Pimpin' ain't easy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    what would be the negatives in checking out a former #1 overall pick? please explain? let's say we sign him, do you think he'd get anything more than the minimum w/ no guaranteed money? would it hurt our cap? would there be any risk? We have more access to info than ever before yet people still don't understand how this game works.
    Next to Ryan Leaf....who is probably the biggest bust at #1 pick for QB.....ever? JR comes in a close second! 305 lbs as a former QB. He's thrown in the towel and lost all respect for himself AND the game. The better question should be, "Why would ANYONE, let alone the Jests waste their time on this guy?" You already have a 'project' QB that needs more time on a therapist's couch than most paranoid dillusional schizophreniacs.

Never mind, I forgot who I'm trying to reason with. Have at him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreeden View Post
    Next to Ryan Leaf....who is probably the biggest bust at #1 pick for QB.....ever? JR comes in a close second! 305 lbs as a former QB. He's thrown in the towel and lost all respect for himself AND the game. The better question should be, "Why would ANYONE, let alone the Jests waste their time on this guy?" You already have a 'project' QB that needs more time on a therapist's couch than most paranoid dillusional schizophreniacs.

Never mind, I forgot who I'm trying to reason with. Have at him.
    how is it wasting their time? are the committed to him? will they be signing him to a 5 year deal w/ ahuge guaranteed money? will he be annointed the starter? Instead of hurling insults at least get into a productive discussion. please tell me what is so awful about the discussing the possibility of signing Russell?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pimpin' ain't easy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    how is it wasting their time? are the committed to him? will they be signing him to a 5 year deal w/ ahuge guaranteed money? will he be annointed the starter? Instead of hurling insults at least get into a productive discussion. please tell me what is so awful about the discussing the possibility of signing Russell?
    It is a waste of time. The GM's time should be spent on how to reduce their cap issue; how to retain the few quality FAs that are on the team now; draft prospects; and retraining your existing QB into a productive member of the O. It truly is a waste of time to even think about JR. No insults were hurled, thrown or otherwise issued...unless of course you preceived my opinion that way. In which case, that's your problem.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreeden View Post
    It is a waste of time. The GM's time should be spent on how to reduce their cap issue; how to retain the few quality FAs that are on the team now; draft prospects; and retraining your existing QB into a productive member of the O. It truly is a waste of time to even think about JR. No insults were hurled, thrown or otherwise issued...unless of course you preceived my opinion that way. In which case, that's your problem.
    Do you think he's spending all his time worrying about bringing in JaMarcus Russell? Teams discuss thousands of players, all 32 teams (even SB teams) are discussing guys they MAY want to bring in next year.

"Never mind, I forgot who I'm trying to reason with"- this isn't an insult?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Juck the Fets

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    Please, please, please let them sign him.

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kingston Ont.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think they want him to compliment Tebow on special teams
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

It Is What It Is

Like the proverbial broken clock, this is one case where junk is actually right - it doesn't cost anything to check him out - although all you really gotta know about JaFatazz aside from squandering almost $40million, his addiction to codeinated cough syrup and miserable fail despite being given every chance to succeed is that he's delusional enough to attempt a comeback while still about 50-60lbs overweight.

I use the "broken clock" analogy because by reflex action, whether it involves Rex pimping his wife, Woody being one of two holdouts in resolving the ref strike, buttfumble, The Beancounter's cap hell legacy, the imploding clubhouses, the naive contention that Tripgate was an isolated initiative not organized by the hefty HC, hell, even that Sparano was OC-qualifiiedo put a spin on it- have you ever seen a case where he blindly doesn't defend or try to spin anything jest related?

So in this instance he's right.. but everyone here knows that even our more positively-wired Fins fans would be crapping on this possibility if it were the Fins doing it. It's too bad that Ryan Leaf is incarcerated; otherwise they could have fielded 3 of the most overreached, biggest QB busts in the modern era.

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Over the course of NFL history, many guys who were considered washed up, came back with a new team and played exceptionally well. Jim Plunkett stands out in my mind because he led the Raiders to a SB win. Additionally, the Jets have little to no money to work with so this is the right call. If, a big if, the Jets were to sign Russell it would be at a vet minimum.

Will Russell be any good? I doubt it. The guy is going to shake hands at the combine weighing in at 305 which is 45 pounds overweight. If he was serious, I would think he would have been working out and lost the weight before the combine. The Jets will still need to bring in someone to play QB or at least set up a true competition in camp.
    Last edited by MadDog 88; 01-29-2013 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    C'mon...havent you just thought for a minute, that maybe just maybe they want to bring him in to give buttfumble career advice.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    How much more rock bottom can you get?!

Quote Quote