Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 105

Thread: Jets kicking the tires on Jamarcus Russell

  1. -51
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    16,010
    vCash:
    10251
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I'm disappointed in you cane, someone like you should understand there's absolutely no risk to bringing Russell in on a minimum deal.

    Nowhere did I say it would work out, I have said numerous times the chances are he will never succeed but ther's no downside for ANY team to take a look and even bring him in for the minimum. If he sucks or has a bad attitude he's gone w/ no cap ramifications, if for some reason he works hard and plays up tp his talent a team gets a cheap QB.

    You are better than this.
    I'm not saying that there is a financial risk here. What I'm saying is that it's just not worth any team's time to even kick the tires here.

    I would be shocked if anyone, even the Jets, signed JaMarcus Russell. He's trash. Let's be real for a minute.

    My thing is, even though he's not a financial risk, he's consuming a roster spot that might be better used on someone else.

    This is why I say that you should just come clean and admit that this is a stupid move by the franchise if you guys give him a spot.

    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,762
    vCash:
    32178
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    I'm not saying that there is a financial risk here. What I'm saying is that it's just not worth any team's time to even kick the tires here.

    I would be shocked if anyone, even the Jets, signed JaMarcus Russell. He's trash. Let's be real for a minute.

    My thing is, even though he's not a financial risk, he's consuming a roster spot that might be better used on someone else.

    This is why I say that you should just come clean and admit that this is a stupid move by the franchise if you guys give him a spot.
    They have already said they are not going to sign him, it was ust a discussion but if they did I'd have no problem w/ it unless they announced he'd start and they signed him to a 5 year cap busting deal.

    There are plenty of roster spots for training camp, he'd have to earn his way onto a roster so again no risk.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    16,010
    vCash:
    10251
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    They have already said they are not going to sign him, it was ust a discussion but if they did I'd have no problem w/ it unless they announced he'd start and they signed him to a 5 year cap busting deal.

    There are plenty of roster spots for training camp, he'd have to earn his way onto a roster so again no risk.
    If JaMarcus Russell "earns" a roster spot then that says a great deal about the bums you invited to training camp in the first place.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,762
    vCash:
    32178
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    If JaMarcus Russell "earns" a roster spot then that says a great deal about the bums you invited to training camp in the first place.
    Maybe, maybe not. what if he actually plays up to his talent? we could say how bad NE was when a 6th rounder became the starter, it's silly. The history of this league is littered w/ guys who succeede in new spots after failing in their original spots.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    16,010
    vCash:
    10251
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. what if he actually plays up to his talent? we could say how bad NE was when a 6th rounder became the starter, it's silly. The history of this league is littered w/ guys who succeede in new spots after failing in their original spots.
    JaMarcus Russell doesn't have any talent.

    Dude hasn't played in four years. He's 300lbs with a poor work ethic.

    How does this end?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    Mike13's Avatar
    I am a golden god

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    19,842
    vCash:
    10287
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    what if he actually plays up to his talent? we could say how bad NE was when a 6th rounder became the starter, it's silly. The history of this league is littered w/ guys who succeede in new spots after failing in their original spots
    He ate himself out of the ****ing league, He is not going to live up to his talent, what skills he had are now gone.
    Just admit kicking the tires on the guy is ****ing moronic, maybe then you'll have some credibility.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,762
    vCash:
    32178
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    JaMarcus Russell doesn't have any talent.

    Dude hasn't played in four years. He's 300lbs with a poor work ethic.

    How does this end?
    AGAIN, the chances are remote but he has physical talent if he's willing to put the work in. There are a million examples of players thought to be done or have no talent that were given 2nd or 3rd chances that came back and played well. It likely wouldn't happen but there's nothing wrong w/ bringing a guy in for a look.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,486
    vCash:
    10808
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Your posting is realyl going downhill, you are turning into one of them who never reads posts.


    Can one of you geniuses give me one reason it would be a bad move for ANY team to sign Russell to a minimum deal?
    I might have cared what you thought about my posting a few months ago when you were semi-sane but no more. I'm no more of a psycho than you and your homerific rants that will go on even after you're dead.

    Russell is one of the biggest busts in NFL history. Comparing him to Haynesworth and Chad Johnson was hilarious enough. Those guys at least accomplished something. Go ahead and sign him. I'm sure that will make Sanchez **** rainbows knowing they have little confidence in him.

    ---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

    But keep pushing your new agenda to bash me b/c you look silly when trying to debate me. join the vaark crew!
    There's no need to bash you. You make yourself look foolish enough to this entire board. And yes I realize you don't care what any of us think. Of course. I look silly speaking to you. I might just start calling you either Dad or Sir since I'm completely beneath your professional and astute NFL knowledge.



    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,486
    vCash:
    10808
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Who cares if fellow Jet fans don't like it? they see the game the way the average fan sees it like most do. There is absolutely no risk to exploring a move like this.
    We should all be so lucky to have such a smart, educated, and well-informed pro such as yourself staying here for years educating us bottom-feeders who don't trust our eyes or know anything. Gang Green is lucky too. To split your zen-like knowledge between TWO sites!

    Praise Jesus!
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    16,010
    vCash:
    10251
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    AGAIN, the chances are remote but he has physical talent if he's willing to put the work in. There are a million examples of players thought to be done or have no talent that were given 2nd or 3rd chances that came back and played well. It likely wouldn't happen but there's nothing wrong w/ bringing a guy in for a look.
    Waste of time.

    If the Dolphins were doing this kind of stuff I'd be killing them. I killed them for looking at Chad Johnson and look at how that turned out. Guess who wasn't at all surprised.

    Only positive that would come from the Dolphins looking at Russell would be the clowning that I'd get to do.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Jets kicking the tires on Jamarcus Russell
    By fakespike in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 01:07 AM
  2. JaMarcus Russell: End of an Era
    By CedarPhin in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 01:09 PM
  3. JaMarcus Russell
    By SA_BUTTA in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 01:54 PM
  4. JaMarcus Russell
    By WestCKoastiN in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-04-2007, 03:16 PM
  5. JaMarcus Russell
    By WestCKoastiN in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2007, 01:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •