Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We will NOT Pay Jennings and Hartline AND get a first round receiver

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That should be a correct assumption first you go not want WR talent sitting on the bench because you have position overload especially with a lot of resourses spent on it and second we have enough holes and not enoght ammuntion to fill all the holes at once. I kind of suspect that we will get Wallace as our WR and spend a 2nd on the WR position and let Harline work. I keep predicting a pass rusher in the first round this year. Also we are in need of a CB and if we let Longwalk like I expect you have the OL to address again. Pay Wallace and a big OG name in FA and use the draft for the DE, scecondary, OL and WR holes left.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No problem as long as we get a WR in the 2nd round. Pass rusher or DB in round 1 please.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Heavy Hitter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pittstown, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If this is the way that it goes, i would say trade down in the 1st round to pick up an additional 2nd. Draft Banks. Then in the late first when eifert or ertz is sitting there use 2 and 3 round pick or 2 2nds to move back up and nab one of them. Then you have your other 2nd grab another receiver like the kid from clemson who i think is an absolute beast.
    A New Era

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiNative0722 View Post
    This claim is made with the premise that we will go sign one of the big 3:Jennings Wallace or Bowe.

I just want to make this clear,if we pay one of the big 3, and if you want us to draft a first round receiver, we will not be paying Hartline.

We will not be spending a first round pick to split snaps with Hartline for 4+ years.

If you want to pay up Hartline then it will guaranteed be second rounder or lower in the draft for a wideout because you won't be paying Hartline 4-5 million in years 2-4 to be the third/fourth option receiver.

Which is why I want Hartline to walk. I want to get Jennings or Wallace, draft Cordarrelle Patterson, and then also sign a cheap FA wr that can be serviceable and split snaps with Patterson for the first couple years.

Go get Ramses Barden who is tall, fast and huge hands to split with Patterson on the far side.
    I think we draft our WR in the 2nd or 3rd.....After watching the Senior Bowl practices I like the King kid out of Georgia
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    would rather like hartline walk and draft a WR in the first and 3rd and a DB in the 2nd and third with either a Pass rusher or TE thrown in there. Rest of the draft is oline and dline.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port st. lucie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    would rather like hartline walk and draft a WR in the first and 3rd and a DB in the 2nd and third with either a Pass rusher or TE thrown in there. Rest of the draft is oline and dline.
    I couldn't agree more about letting Hartline walk. Why spend money on a WR that has 3 TD in 48 games??? I would love Jennings and a 1st rd WR to be our starters. The best case scenario would be a trade down in the late teens or early 20's for an extra 2nd and select Keenan Allen or Terrence Williams. With (3) 2nds, (2) 3rds, and a 4th, you can draft a CB, S, DE, TE, Tackle, and another WR.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiNative0722 View Post
    This claim is made with the premise that we will go sign one of the big 3:Jennings Wallace or Bowe.

I just want to make this clear,if we pay one of the big 3, and if you want us to draft a first round receiver, we will not be paying Hartline.

We will not be spending a first round pick to split snaps with Hartline for 4+ years.

If you want to pay up Hartline then it will guaranteed be second rounder or lower in the draft for a wideout because you won't be paying Hartline 4-5 million in years 2-4 to be the third/fourth option receiver.

Which is why I want Hartline to walk. I want to get Jennings or Wallace, draft Cordarrelle Patterson, and then also sign a cheap FA wr that can be serviceable and split snaps with Patterson for the first couple years.

Go get Ramses Barden who is tall, fast and huge hands to split with Patterson on the far side.
    Hartline had a lot of catches and I believe he got over 1,000 yards (over 250 against Arizona)....nice numbers, but I think he only caught ONE touchdown for us. On any other team, I think Hartline wouldn't be more than maybe a #3 wide receiver. I would make him a fair offer but if he is looking at anything over $5 million a season I say "SO LONG." I think we can sign Jennings and draft either Patterson or Keenan Allen, and take another WR later on.....we still have Bess and Moore. I hope we can resign Hartline but it's not like his one touchdown is irreplaceable.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foozool13 View Post
    Id like to sign Jennings and let Hartline walk. Then draft 2 WRs. I really hope we can get Wheaton and Swope. Ill be doing back flips in my living room if that happens.
    That is very risky, with Hartline, you already know what your getting (A good #2, or very good #3), with drafting a receiver to start right away, you are hoping they will play as well or better then Hartline. There is no guarantee Wheaton or Swoope will be as good as Hartline has been, or could be with a better receiver next to him to take the away the better corner covering him.
    My personal Draft:

1st Round: C. J Mosley(ILB)

2nd Round: Joel Bitonio(T)

3rd Round: C. J. Fiedorowicz(TE)

4th Round: Dakota Dozier (T/G)

5th Round: Daniel McCullers(DT)

6th Round: Marqueston Huff(S/CB)

7th Round: Jay Prosch(FB)
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    That is very risky, with Hartline, you already know what your getting (A good #2, or very good #3), with drafting a receiver to start right away, you are hoping they will play as well or better then Hartline. There is no guarantee Wheaton or Swoope will be as good as Hartline has been, or could be with a better receiver next to him to take the away the better corner covering him.
    You're right. There is no guarantee that a rookie will match Hartline's production. However, if they sign Jennings, Hartline himself wouldn't likely match his own production from last season either. He got the number of catches he did because he was the top option in a lousy group of receivers. His lack of touchdowns speaks volumes, although I do feel he probably should have had more like 5 TDs on the year rather than 1. Still, I am not a big proponent of paying a middling player like Hartline upwards of 5 million a year. Not when they should be able to replace at least a good chunk of his production at a much, much friendlier cap number.

Yeah, a rookie isn't likely to accumulate over 1000 receiving yards and they probably wouldn't get 80 catches either. They could possibly catch 40-50 balls and get into the end zone 5-6 times, though. Hartline isn't worth the money. Give me Jennings and a 2nd-3rd round rookie WR at a combined cost of around 9-9.5 million all day long over a Jennings/Hartline combo at a cost of approx. 13 million. That difference in money alone would be enough to get FA help at OL and/or CB-or help pay for bringing someone like Starks back or even use towards a new deal for Reshad Jones.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As long as this FO doesn't think adding just 1 receiver is the end to our woes I will be happy. We should be adding through a combination of FA and the Draft at least 3 receivers....two of which should be able to FLY!
    Quote Quote