Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Only WR We Should Draft This Year

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by normaniii View Post
    Is there a WR that runs outside of 4.2 - 4.7 40????
    That's what I was thinking. I'm pretty confident I could run a 4.7 also.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we need to stockpile playmakers this offseason. relegating to one in the draft or one in FA is a waste. you have another decision to make- evaluation of Tannehill
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by normaniii View Post
    Is there a WR that runs outside of 4.2 - 4.7 40????
    Lulz. D. Bess.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    DieHard FinFan 4 Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bear, DE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I do not agree with your strategy, especially when WR is one of our top two weaknesses. We only have Davone Bess, Armon Binns, Rishard Matthews, Brian Thymes Jeff Fuller, and Marlon Moore on our roster. Out of those names, only two (Bess & Matthews) made any real contribution in the passing game. And the only WR you want to add is Tavares King????

We need to add two quality WR this offseason, one through FA and one in the draft. We need to sign either Greg Jennings or Mike Wallace, and draft a impact WR with one of our first 5 picks (rounds 1-3).

If we sign Mike Wallace, than we should draft a WR in the second or third round. If we sign Greg Jennings, than we should draft a WR in the first or second round. This is based on their their age.

I have to give you credit, King was not on my radar until after looking at his highlights. But I'm still on the Cordarelle Patterson bandwagon. Patterson is a true offensive weapon, he can make any defender miss in open field (YAC Monster) and a sure fire threat to score from anywhere on the field. Pairing Patterson with Wallace or Jennings would be one of the scariest tandems in the NFL. These two would give Bess a lot of space to terrorize defenses too. You cant' cover all of them
    2014 Miami Dolphins Draft Class

1. OT: Ja'wuan James -Tennessee
    2. WR: Jarvis Landry -LSU
    3. OT: Billy Turner-North Dakota State
    4. DB: Walt Aikens-Liberty
    5. TE: Authur Lynch - Georgia
    5. LB: Jordan Tripp - Montana
    6. WR: Matt Hazel-Coastal Carolina
    7. DE: Terrance Fede- Marist
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nuk Hopkins is a baller. Money since his freshman year. Take him early 2nd pick. Wallace as a fa and resign Hartline.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis View Post
    Pat White was very outside the prototype. Just 'cause he didn't pan out doesn't mean the risk wasn't taken.
    Pat White was not taking a risk, it was just plain stupidity.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The hopes of getting Johnson in round 2 have evaporated. Now he's actually a possibility to be gone by our round 1 pick. If we don't resign Jake Long ... most people on these boards are in for a rude awakening. We'll be almost forced to take whichever of Joeckel, Fisher or Johnson that is left at #12 and take the 4th or 5th choice WR with our 2a pick. That kinda eliminates the hopes of getting a starting TE and gives us a much lower choice of CB. There is also the realistic possibility that all 3 of those LT's are gone by #12, in which case Tannehill will be running for his life all season.

I'll be shocked if we don't draft 2 WR's, but which ones and what rounds is still a mystery. The WR's that make the most sense to me would be in various rounds, but are: Cordarrelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, Robert Woods, Cobi Hamilton, Ryan Swope and Markus Wheaton.

There are a lot of other talented WR's in this draft that will go ahead of most of those guys, but those are the ones I really like.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    Pat White was not taking a risk, it was just plain stupidity.
    Unless, of course, if he had panned out. Its a damned if you, damned if you don't world, isn't it?
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have been looking back for this thread and I tend to agree with the size/speed type Philbin likes. Which is why I think he likes guys who may slip into second round who origninally had first round grades.

That to me is Terrence Williams and Deandre Hopkins.

I ignored these two for whatever reason and now because of thinking about philbins type of guy and recent articles and senior bowl and the junior reference by Ireland I have put some thought into this.

One, Terrence Williams had an article on him about not forgetting him. I think beat reporters get wind of a name tossed out by Philbin/Ireland and they write an article. Williams is a typical sized guy who is very productive whether with RG3 or not. He is a high character guy I think. Christian type guy who comes from Baylor. hmmmmmmm, Baylor.

I am starting to come onto Hopkins as I see him as a guy who is pretty football fast and makes great downfield catches and can hit the home run. I like him. I understand he runs good routes and it certainly seems that way. He is a first round talent that could get pushed into the second round because WR is deep and not alot of teams will be looking WR in first round other than us and Minny. Thats why I think passing on a WR in first round could push these two down to us at 42.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tavarres King did well for himself during Senior Bowl practices, for sure.

But I think the criticism that he disappears when things get a little more physical...rings true.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote