Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Only WR We Should Draft This Year

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think you can get Bailey along with King, but I think King will end up a better pro
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really like Tavarres King, I have him going in the 3rd round.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    4.2-4.7 40 yd dash. Lol, thats every receiver in the league!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    If you remember, Philbin's prototypical WR is between 6ft, and 6'2", about 185-220 pounds; runs between 4.2- 4.7 40.
    I was listening to the radio a few days ago and heard Channing Crowder in the context of teams passing on drafting Russell Wilson that the Dolphin's approach is to draft a "safe" good player instead of taking a risk on a player who is outside of the prototype but who has the potential to be great. He said that this draft philosophy is a contributing factor as to why the Dolphin remain mediocre. So, what's the benefit of restricting ourselves to "safe" draft picks that are only within the prototype? We need great wide receivers, not good ones.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    I was listening to the radio a few days ago and heard Channing Crowder in the context of teams passing on drafting Russell Wilson that the Dolphin's approach is to draft a "safe" good player instead of taking a risk on a player who is outside of the prototype but who has the potential to be great. He said that this draft philosophy is a contributing factor as to why the Dolphin remain mediocre. So, what's the benefit of restricting ourselves to "safe" draft picks that are only within the prototype? We need great wide receivers, not good ones.
    Yea but I don't even think he's just a safe pick, I think he does have the opportunity to be great. He had a helluva career with Georgia, was highly touted out of high school as well. Only reason I brought up Philbin's prototypical reciever type is because it makes the pick make even more sense for us.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Not to mention Ryan Tannehill and Lamar Miller picks want to talk to you about "safe"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    Yea but I don't even think he's just a safe pick, I think he does have the opportunity to be great. He had a helluva career with Georgia, was highly touted out of high school as well. Only reason I brought up Philbin's prototypical reciever type is because it makes the pick make even more sense for us.

Not to mention Ryan Tannehill and Lamar Miller picks want to talk to you about "safe"
    I'm not entirely familiar with the kid so I won't try to discuss whether he's good or great. I just want the Dolphins to stop settling for safe mediocrity and take a few chances to get better.

With regards to RT, I would venture to say that the Dolphins would not have drafted him if he had been the same size as Russel Wilson.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    phindoc

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Living in Athens GA and meeting some of his family, I followed King closely up until this year when I moved away. Unless he really changed this year, I don't see him having the strength to be an NFL WR. He also does not go after the ball. I think he will get eaten alive by NFL DB's. He has some speed but that is about it. I would look elsewhere.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I got it.
    1. Zach Martin OG
    2. Jace Amaro TE
    3. Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB
    4. Michael Schofield RT
    5. Chris Watt/Trai Turner OG
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    Pat White was very outside the prototype. Just 'cause he didn't pan out doesn't mean the risk wasn't taken.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a proud dragon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is there a WR that runs outside of 4.2 - 4.7 40????
    Quote Quote