Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: donald driver

1. -21
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NorFlaFin View Post
    As a player-coach I'd sign him immediately, if he willing to embrace the opportunity to be mentor and coach the kiddies on how to be pro WR. I'm all in for Driver.
    DO you guys recycle old talking points?

This is the same BS I heard about Pennington. How did that fare back in NYJ land, when he went home to help Sanchez?
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah lets bring in Chad Pennington too.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    DO you guys recycle old talking points?

This is the same BS I heard about Pennington. How did that fare back in NYJ land, when he went home to help Sanchez?
    He worked w/ mark for a day, he wasn't a coach for him and no coaching coule prepare any QB to play w/ the healthy talent mark had in 2012.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    CrookedFin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Upstate New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Although I like Driver a lot, Reminds me too much of the time we signed David Boston. I even got his jersey when he joined the dolphins, but that went terribly wrong. I think he was hurt when we signed him (foot) and just never really got it going. Not saying it would be the same with Driver, but I would take a good look at any problems he had this year and weigh that.
    :cooldude: CrookedFin:cooldude:
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elkhorn, WI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On an average NFL team that does not have the deep receiver corps like GB does Driver would be at worst your 3rd receiver even with his age. On this team right now he would start with Hartline. I would have no problem with a slighty above minimum wage with incentives laden deal. I think his professionalism alone would be worth having in the locker room. A truly class act with the resume to back up the talk. Green Bay fans adore this guy and is probably the most popular player on the team (other than Rodgers of course.). Show the young guys not just at receiver but the whole team how to prepare and act. Resigning Hartline, Driver, Jennings (or Wallace), having Bess healthy, and a 2nd round rookie would bring immediate impact. Plus both Driver and Jennings know the offense and would be able to "hit the ground running" without a learning curve and could immediately work on getting on the same page with Tannehill. Definitely down with this.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan5876 View Post
    Although I like Driver a lot, Reminds me too much of the time we signed David Boston. I even got his jersey when he joined the dolphins, but that went terribly wrong. I think he was hurt when we signed him (foot) and just never really got it going. Not saying it would be the same with Driver, but I would take a good look at any problems he had this year and weigh that.
    We traded with the Chargers to bring Boston in and the rest is history.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Donald Driver would be a temporary band aid, not really what the team needs right now. If you sign Driver you will go into either the 2014 or 2015 off season looking for his replacement. It not just about what makes your team better right now, it's about what makes your team better now and moving forward. The moving forward piece is key. If you look back at the hard knocks episode when they traded Vontae Davis Ireland made that clear. He said Davis would be ok for the team right now but looking ahead he wasn't likely going to be resigned as a 2013 free agent so trading him for a 2nd round pick made sense.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was posting threads about Driver 6 weeks ago. It's win-win depending on how fast he can still run. If he can still bring a sub-4.6 40 time then sign him up now. He got screwed in GB when Jennings came back healthy; just too much talent there on that corps. Give me a guy like Driver with a chip on his shoulder and I'll show you a playmaker IF he can still run.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    He worked w/ mark for a day, he wasn't a coach for him and no coaching coule prepare any QB to play w/ the healthy talent mark had in 2012.
    He still went home to lend his supposed expertise to the bum. Fact is, Pennington was nothing special here and has shown no real truth or positives to this notion of player/coach crap.

BTW, I'm glad he went back to NYJ land. I wish he would take those MIA fans who compare him to Griese and Marino.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Wouldn't mind his veteran leadership, but every game counts, especially when you're a team like the Fins and you're trying to get things going again. The last thing you need is someone you rely on breaking down mid-season. Has he said he isn't going back to Green Bay? You'd think he would retire with them at this rate. Plus, I'm sure the tease of winning another ring is going to sway that decision. He has a better chance doing that in GB as opposed to most other places.
    Quote Quote