Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LED or Plasma?

1. -21
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I definitely recommend LED/LCD. Much lighter and easier to move, cheaper to fix if something goes wrong, and less power consumption. I bought a Samsung 42 inch LCD 4 years ago, and it still runs like it's brand new. I use it pretty frequently for gaming, and the wife likes to listen to music on it, so it gets used a lot. If you go LED/LCD, I highly recommend Samsung...
    On a similar note, I have 2 Vizios and 1 Sylvania. We're Vizio people (had 3 so far during my TV buying days) and we've never had an issue with any of them.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    Glad to hear this Locke. Im still pretty pissed about the Vizio going down so easily and so little use. My brother is going to pay to have it fixed to the tune of 400.00 on top of the 900.00 I had orignially spent on buying it. So im done with Vizio and have been thinking about going with Samsung for some time but wanted to hear from people who have there products. I do not want to buy another lemon if I dont have too.
    I used to sell TVs at Best Buy as an undergrad, so I had a little insider information on how reliable these brands were based on how often they came back for repair. Vizio was one of them that came back quite often, so much so that I didn't even bother showing them. LG and Samsung were always what I pushed because they hardly came back. Sony too, but they were always priced higher than other brands for no other reason than they were a Sony, so I didn't like them. Not going to pay more for a TV that is just as good as another, but just has a different brand name...

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    On a similar note, I have 2 Vizios and 1 Sylvania. We're Vizio people (had 3 so far during my TV buying days) and we've never had an issue with any of them.

Sylvania was another that came back often. Maybe they've worked the bugs out of them more recently? I haven't worked retail in something like 8 years, so I'm definitely out of the loop these days...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    After browsing at sears, bestbuy, walmart, sams and target , I decided to go with a 50" vizio lcd. For my price range and size i was looking for , the vizio had the best picture out of all the units I looked at, plus my brother got me a 10% employee discount. The leds put off too much glare for my liking and the whites weren't as clean as the lcd/leds. I might try a plasma next time I need a bedroom/den tv.

I hooked it up and it is a beautiful picture, has plenty of hookups for me. I almost need sunglasses to watch it, can't believe how bad shape my sony was in. After reading lockes post, I guess i'll have to cross my fingers or maybe go back and get the 3 year warranty, though i have never bought or needed a warranty on anything electronics wise. Thanks again for everybody's input.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Ive always loved Sharp..So that's all I got.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    LIVESTRONG

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    Sold TV's for a while

Go LED/LCD
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIJ007 View Post
    Pouncey Twins are gay.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    After browsing at sears, bestbuy, walmart, sams and target , I decided to go with a 50" vizio lcd. For my price range and size i was looking for , the vizio had the best picture out of all the units I looked at, plus my brother got me a 10% employee discount. The leds put off too much glare for my liking and the whites weren't as clean as the lcd/leds. I might try a plasma next time I need a bedroom/den tv.

I hooked it up and it is a beautiful picture, has plenty of hookups for me. I almost need sunglasses to watch it, can't believe how bad shape my sony was in. After reading lockes post, I guess i'll have to cross my fingers or maybe go back and get the 3 year warranty, though i have never bought or needed a warranty on anything electronics wise. Thanks again for everybody's input.
    I would suggest you get the warranty. As I mentioned my vizio crapped out just after the one year mark and all Vizio had to say is for 400.00 we will come fix it otherwise you have a 900.00 paper weight. I wish I could go back and pay the extra 100.00 that woud have covered me in this case. jmo.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boynton Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    i bought a 46" LED TV.. Horrible Horrible Sound. the tv was so cool in the store because it was paper thin. IT sounded like the noise was coming from a baby mouse or something. make sure When you buy your TV you actually listen to it. I returned the LED (amazing picture) and bought a 55" LCD panasonic. I suggest LCD just because the speakers seem to be thicker so the sound is better. Good luck on your venture.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I have two Vizio's for 6 years and not an issue with either.
    Last edited by Fin Fan in Cali; 01-31-2013 at 12:22 AM.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Glad you haven't had any problem with yours John. I like Daytona Fin never ever paid for the extended warranty before but needless to say losing this one so quickly changed my mind. All I am suggesting is for the money I would make sure to have some coverage beyond the standard one year warranty Vizio offers.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pimpin' ain't easy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I definitely recommend LED/LCD. Much lighter and easier to move, cheaper to fix if something goes wrong, and less power consumption. I bought a Samsung 42 inch LCD 4 years ago, and it still runs like it's brand new. I use it pretty frequently for gaming, and the wife likes to listen to music on it, so it gets used a lot. If you go LED/LCD, I highly recommend Samsung...
    Ditto.
    Quote Quote