Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: No Jake Long....No Problem draft

1. -1
    Fin Fan from MD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft No Jake Long....No Problem draft

When all is said and done, I don't think we will be resigning the following players:

Jake Long
    Sean Smith
    Reggie Bush (although I hope we find a way to sign him)
    Brian Hartline
    Matt Moore
    Anthony Fasano
    Dimitri Patterson *Getting cut

I think we will re-sign the following:
    Randy Starks
    Jason Trusnik
    Nate Garner
    Cris Clemons

I hope we sign these free agents:
    Greg Jennings
    Derrick Cox
    Andy Levitre (since no long, this will be a huge help, cost less too)
    Fred Davis

Now the draft
    1. Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tenn
    2a. Kyle Long OT Oregon(from one Long to another)
    2b. Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
    3a. Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
    3b. Cornelius "Tank" Carradine DE Fla St.
    4. Jonathan Cyprien S FIU
    5. Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
    6. Dustin Hopkins K Fla St
    7a. Josh Johnson CB Purdue
    7b. Colin Klein QB Kansas State
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I doubt we only draft 1 receiver! I see us taking 2 and the other will be speed daemon. Considering Jennings recent injury status and age you have to consider two talents not just one!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love the draft bro, Patterson is the #1 WR playmaker in draft, the Sean Porter pick is such a smart move, he's Von miller esque!!! Might be a complete steal, but not a big of a steal as tank!!! Dude could've been a top ten pick. The draft meets every need, oh yeah love The hometown safety pick in the 4 th, plays like jones! Wherever the ball is he is!! One more thing on porter, not only is he a terror on The age, but when the changed his position he proved to be very good in coverage! Top to bottom great draft, seems like if it was to happened like that, it's on some bpa type of mindset!!! Whoever is there thats not suppose to be there, DRAFT'EM!!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Fin Fan from MD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    I doubt we only draft 1 receiver! I see us taking 2 and the other will be speed daemon. Considering Jennings recent injury status and age you have to consider two talents not just one!
    I wish we could do that. I see us maybe signing another FA WR or maybe just developing Matthews, Cunningham, or Fuller. Just can't fix everything in one year. Maybe we can sign Hartline for a contract that isn't so high. Maybe like 3-4 mil per year. That would help but still Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shreveport,La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cyprien worse case is a 3rd rounder now
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the theme of this thread is that we can replace Jake Long in this Draft, I have to agree...somewhat.

I think if you go with Luke Joeckel, Lane Johnson or Eric Fisher, you're doing just fine at left tackle in place of Jake Long. Additionally, if you were to go with Menelik Watson, Terron Armstead or Xavier Nixon, you would be very surprised how well you would be doing at that position, whether the player ends up at right tackle or left tackle.

If you go with anyone else, and that includes Kyle Long, then I make no guarantees.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    If the theme of this thread is that we can replace Jake Long in this Draft, I have to agree...somewhat.

I think if you go with Luke Joeckel, Lane Johnson or Eric Fisher, you're doing just fine at left tackle in place of Jake Long. Additionally, if you were to go with Menelik Watson, Terron Armstead or Xavier Nixon, you would be very surprised how well you would be doing at that position, whether the player ends up at right tackle or left tackle.

If you go with anyone else, and that includes Kyle Long, then I make no guarantees.
    I like Xavier Nixon at guard. Same with Kyle Long.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't like Xavier Nixon at guard. I think he's built like a tackle and he should play tackle. I saw him play some guard during the practice week and it didn't look good. He just needs to continue working on his body. It's been a work in progress because he's had pressure to gain so much weight in such a short amount of time, not everyone can do that easily. Lane Johnson is a freak of nature and that's why he might be the best tackle in the entire draft. Nixon's arm length is fine at about 34 inches and he's 6'5.5", 311 lbs, 10.5" hands...built well.

The footage I saw of him at Senior Bowl practice before he hurt his wrist blocking Malliciah Goodman, he was doing great at tackle. And if you watch him on tape go against Jarvis Jones, with the exception of about a pair of plays, he had Jones blocked really well. Jones could be a top 10 or even top 5 pick if his stenosis checks out. He also killed Damontre Moore when they played. They didn't face one another every snap, or even most snaps, but there's not even a question who won the battle whenever they did. That's two top 10 picks and he won both matchups overall.

Xavier Nixon should be a 2nd round pick. He's worth it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    like the mock draft with 2 exceptions. there needs to be more than 1 wr drafted, especially considering patterson is so raw and that we lost hartline in your scenario. our WR's would be jennings, patterson, bess, mathews, binns. still not enough depth IMO we need at least 1 more wr in the draft. the other problem i have with the draft is colin klein, and that's pretty much self explainable.

also been reading that kyle long may be moved to guard in the pros? not sure on that one, but i noticed that kiper has him listed as a guard. also derrick cox is highly overrated IMO. give me brent grimes or chris gamble if the panthers release him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    A buddy of mine who is an alum of fsu, told me hes not sure watson will even be an average pro.
    Just food for thought, personally i havent evaluated the kid.

I would agree with the basic theme here though, jake long is probably gone, unless his latest reported contract demands are erroneous.
    Quote Quote