Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 49ers QB coach Geep Chryst: Miami Dolphins’ defense prepared us for New England

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Toughness on defense is our best trait. Very valuable. I love not being a physical pushover. That was one of the reasons I despised the Marino years, that our offensive style and lackadaisical approach naturally lent itself to beings wimps in the trenches.

Still, without great talent you can't count on the defense to be suffocating every game. There will be logical lapses. We're dependent on intensity and preparation more than outstanding ability. You can't sustain that for four months. Always keep that in mind when the claims show up that we're a top 5 defense...
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    Toughness on defense is our best trait. Very valuable. I love not being a physical pushover. That was one of the reasons I despised the Marino years, that our offensive style and lackadaisical approach naturally lent itself to beings wimps in the trenches.

Still, without great talent you can't count on the defense to be suffocating every game. There will be logical lapses. We're dependent on intensity and preparation more than outstanding ability. You can't sustain that for four months. Always keep that in mind when the claims show up that we're a top 5 defense...
    You despised the Marino years?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starting to hear voices

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ​Nice to hear. Glad we could help, I guess.
    JMB
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, I forgot about the dropped punt, but underdog team so often do that. When you tell a team that they have to play a perfect game to win,it almost guarantees some kind of colossal boner will occur. Both that game and the home game against the Pats were pretty much ruined in the first quarter by getting into a whole that they don't have the firepower to crawl out of.
    Also, being that necessity is the mother of invention, neither the Pats nor the '9ers were in any real hurry to bury us in those games and probably would've scored 40+ if they felt it necessary. The Pats ended the aforementioned game with a nice easy TD drive to ice that game too.
    The difference between 7 wins and 10 wins is gigantic for this team. We have to get a LOT better.
    Quote Quote