Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MERGED:Chris Clemons one of the best safeties, accoriding to PFF

1. -31
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I'm going to have to call brain worms on this. Clemmons was absolutely a liability, constantly taking bad angles and the like. If it wasn't for his speed, it would be readily apparent.
    Constantly is a bit overblown.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Seriously though, remember the days of Gibril Wilson costing us games because he was too slow and didn't tackle....now we have a fast saftey who is a good last line of defense and people want to hate
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All these posters complaining about so called bad angles it's amazing that Clemons was 12th
    in tackles for a safety or corner in the NFL...HE WAS 3 TACKLES AWAY FROM TYING FOR 5TH IN THE NFL
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Clemons is solid. For all of you haters I love the comments. He is too conservative---Ever think that he is doing his job? If it weren't for his speed he would be a liability---- Well ever consider that he does have that speed?

I honestly cannot think of more than 1 play that he butchered this year. The horrible angle that led to a long TD. Other than that he did his job. The scheme here is to keep teams out of the endzone and it worked. Sure we all want a hall of famer at the spot but you need solid players at some positions. I am a bit of a HOMER but mostly because the logic from the other side is so off that I can't believe it. Clemons has shown he can play and because we did not have a lot of "shut down" capability in coverage in the LB and CB core he played a lot of support. Based on this he did his job and until proven otherwise at least give credit where credit is due. Its not his fault we don't have a hall of famer at the spot or the fact that his role was to preserve and protect the deep portion of the field.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Everyone wants to say Clemons was solid. I don't think he was. IMHO, he was inconsistent. Against some teams he looked very good. He was well better than solid. He wasn't great, because he lacked takeaways, but the n some games he was very good.

But, some teams confused him and he looked poor. Teams that change looks, audible and confuse the defense were able to take advantage of Clemons. Sometimes it looked like he was out of position. Sometimes it was a bad Angle, sometimes it appeared he was giving too much separation. But I think what really happened is the offense made him think and the speed of thought (preparation) is what slowed him down.

What Clemons showed me this year was inconsistent very good games. He understood what to do in this defense better than previous years and defenses. Nolan's robust packages of overload blitzes was very complex.

What I didn't see was that same knowledge level and speed of thought in every game. And that looks promising because it shows good improvement.

But, this defense set a record ... for the fewest takeaways in the history of the Miami Dolphins.

I think the only Dolphins that were not to blame for that are Reshad Jones (who played mostly strong safety, not free safety), Cam Wake, Paul Soliai and Randy Starks. Everyone else needs to produce more takeaways, period. The #1 position of opportunity for generating takeaways is Free Safety, where Clemons predominantly plays.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is one hell of a misleading title. In ONE of their subjective measurements he was #1. ONE.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Everyone wants to say Clemons was solid. I don't think he was. IMHO, he was inconsistent. Against some teams he looked very good. He was well better than solid. He wasn't great, because he lacked takeaways, but the n some games he was very good.

But, some teams confused him and he looked poor. Teams that change looks, audible and confuse the defense were able to take advantage of Clemons. Sometimes it looked like he was out of position. Sometimes it was a bad Angle, sometimes it appeared he was giving too much separation. But I think what really happened is the offense made him think and the speed of thought (preparation) is what slowed him down.

What Clemons showed me this year was inconsistent very good games. He understood what to do in this defense better than previous years and defenses. Nolan's robust packages of overload blitzes was very complex.

What I didn't see was that same knowledge level and speed of thought in every game. And that looks promising because it shows good improvement.

But, this defense set a record ... for the fewest takeaways in the history of the Miami Dolphins.

I think the only Dolphins that were not to blame for that are Reshad Jones (who played mostly strong safety, not free safety), Cam Wake, Paul Soliai and Randy Starks. Everyone else needs to produce more takeaways, period. The #1 position of opportunity for generating takeaways is Free Safety, where Clemons predominantly plays.
    Disagree. He was above average in four games, below average in four game, and both were not by a lot. The other games were mostly a bit above average. That's pretty consistent IMO.

The rankings are based on the play of other safeties as well, and MANY were a whole lot worse, and not many were better this year, with this team, it's schedule, and scheme.

Too many posters have problems with our players based an highlight, and lowlight, plays, which are not a true indication of what a player does the whole game and year or, how good and bad the competition is. JMO
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Declaw the Jags

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    can't be. we got people around here who says he doesn't pass the eye test.
    How big are his hands?
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfin530 View Post
    Chris Clemons may not make a bunch of plays but he doesn't give them up. I always thought he was solid. Not sure why some people don't like him.
    That's easy. He was drafted by Ireland. Some fans dislike for Ireland causes them to dislike any player he drafts.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    It's imperative that Clemons comes back. He is incredibly solid. We need help at corner, and a lot of the analysts see us drafting that way. You need a strong secondary to play in this division.
    Quote Quote