Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MERGED:Chris Clemons one of the best safeties, accoriding to PFF

1. -11
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey81701 View Post
    Jones is able to gamble and make the big time plays because Clemons is so consistent and reliable. If Clemons wasn't jones would have to stay back to try and prevent the big play
    Only difference would be Jones can make the big play while Clemons hasn't proven to yet. Dont think he ever will TBH, didn't have the gamechanging plays at Clemson either, just a damn vood leader and realiable to do what he has to do.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have no issues with Clemons in coverage. My issue with him is how many times I see him take terrible angles and miss open field tackles because his head is down and he doesnt even see the ballcarrier.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow, good for CC! I had no idea his percetage was so low! This alone should make him a re-sign! I know a lot of people are in love with drafting Rambo, but if we keep Jones and CC together, there shouldn't be a need to draft the safety position with a high pick for awhile... Now CB, that's a whole other ball of wax.
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    PFF stats are consistently misleading. They do have their worth, but those rankings usually don't hold a lot of water.

CC was a solid safety for us... not the worst, and definitely not the best. Those percentages don't tell you about passes that were converted "underneath" his coverage or plays where he might have messed up on a help coverage (but that's not in his "zone" so it wont show up).

I always thought CC was quite conservative in his coverage and then didn't do a great job in help coverage on a consistent basis. I think he is a good tackler and doesn't let too many over the top of him, but I wouldn't rank him #1 or even #5. I don't think he needs to be replaced but I don't think he needs to be held in as high of a regard as the elite safeties of the NFL.

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Meh PFF is fun to look at but not end all be all..

I do like Clemons tho, he deserves a contract from MIA

I find it very telling that only 3 of the top 10 safties on that list actually made the playoffs. None of which were top five

Jennings from GB, Smith From Min and Moore from Den.

2 teams have a duo, Buffalo and Miami.

In a league where alot of analyst say Saftey play is huge i find it telling that the majority of the top ten are on bad teams.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    Meh PFF is fun to look at but not end all be all..

I do like Clemons tho, he deserves a contract from MIA

I find it very telling that only 3 of the top 10 safties on that list actually made the playoffs. None of which were top five

Jennings from GB, Smith From Min and Moore from Den.

2 teams have a duo, Buffalo and Miami.

In a league where alot of analyst say Saftey play is huge i find it telling that the majority of the top ten are on bad teams.
    Dude was te biggest reason Denver lost tat game.

One of te worst plays on a ball I've ever seen in a playoff game.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    a safety that doesn't make plays on the ball or produce ints and pass break ups is always gonna be an average one...no matter what else he does...ball skills and playmaking on the ball trump all with safeties...barring a horrendous tackler as the last line of defense...clemons is not a horrendous tackler by any stretch but he's got awful hips...so in space when a guy has a 2 way go he's mince meat...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    I daresay if pff had him rated as the worst safety some of you would be all over it talking it up but when it rates him as one of the top safeties you just toss it out the window. telling

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    I like Clemons, he wont cost big money, we would be silly to let him go. Clemons and Jones are a really really solid pair, that hardly ever let the team down.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think overall clemons play was pretty solid this year...had a few times where i thought he blew something but all in all pretty solid...the 2 deep helpe though lets not act like it didn't...and he didn't have to cover men in the slot very much which would be a problem with those hips but all in all he played pretty good assignment football and when the play was in front of him and he didn't have to redirect in space was dependable...pretty good tackler also again when he didn't have to redirect...

what happens though is when you have no one really other than reshad jones making plays on the ball in the secondary especially when none of your corners create turnovers it's pretty easy to jump on a safety for not getting it done...heck i do it myself...and there's no doubt on some throws down the seam clemons should be there earlier than he is or make a play on the ball once in a while but it's magnified when you got no ball skills really in your 2 deep secondary rotation...
    Quote Quote