Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: A tale of two WR's and how our offseason goes.

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

A tale of two WR's and how our offseason goes.

I spent plenty of time in one of my lectures yesterday thinking how we could work out this offseason and draft.

If we don't resign Hartline, expect us to go after and get Wallace as $10mil a season. If we do sign Hartline, expect Greg Jennings for the two different styles of play.

I personally don't expect us to bring back Hartline if he's asking for $5-6 million a season. He's done nothing to warrant that kinda money. He had what? 3 TD's in 3 years. BYE.

I also don't expect Bush, Long, or Smith to be back. Bush I would consider but doesn't seem likely.
    Starks ($6 p/y) , Clemons ($2.5 p/y), and Fasano ($2 p/y) will be back....Results in $35.5 million remaining.

Free Agent signings:

Mike Wallace: 5 year, $52 million: numerous times Hartline was caught (or almost caught from behind) because of his slight lack of elite speed. Numerous times Hartline fell a few feet short of catching deep TD passes (which would've warranted the money he wants). With Mike Wallace you get the elite speed to blow the top off defenses and allow our other receivers to move around). Having Wallace speed would've been a difference maker in so many games.

Brent Grimes or Keenan Lewis 4 years, 28 million: either would be great for our team. Grimes provides leadership but is older. Lewis was fantastic in 2012.

Dustin Keller: 4 years, $12 million: destroyed us constantly. Bring him in.

Adam Levitre 5 years, $30 million: Heard really good things about him. Would be great to have him as our RG.

Free Agents totals: Roughly $26 million. $9 million remaining.

Draft:

With no trades:

12th: Jonathan Banks CB MISS STATE
    2A: Alex Okafor DE/ OLB ....(Or Eifert or Ertz for Grooming)
    2B: Quinton Patton/ Aaron Dobson/ Markus Wheaton...take your pick.
    3A: TJ McDonald Safety. I like Clemons but bring the kid in and get some depth back there.
    3B: Ryan Swope: Tannehill loses his buddy in Hartline but gets another familiar WR with Swope.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jeff Ireland could surprise by foregoing Hartline, Jennings, Wallace and Bowe. He's got a history of taking chances on injury cases. You could see him take a chance on Johnny Knox.

I don't think the Bears want to lose him but with Brandon Marshall costing so much, Alshon Jeffery a fresh 2nd round pick that's shown promise, and Devin Hester making something ridiculous like $11 million this year...who knows...
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need speed and size. Wallace has the speed and Bowe has the size. Not sure we sign either one. If we go Hartline and Jennings I bet we draft a big WR like Allen and Hunter.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Bon vivant

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Jeff Ireland could surprise by foregoing Hartline, Jennings, Wallace and Bowe. He's got a history of taking chances on injury cases. You could see him take a chance on Johnny Knox.

I don't think the Bears want to lose him but with Brandon Marshall costing so much, Alshon Jeffery a fresh 2nd round pick that's shown promise, and Devin Hester making something ridiculous like $11 million this year...who knows...
    Ugh.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wonder if the Jets let Keller test the market. That would be a nice addition. I know he's coming off an injury so that has to be factored in.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canandaigua,NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Theres a snowballs chance in hell that we sign Wallace.A-the guy wants WAY to much money.B-this guy is NOT a WC WR.Terrible Route runner and very average hands.
    Quote Quote