Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jamaica-theme Super Bowl ad: Racist?

1. -21
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    These guys are aware that there are white people in Jamaica, right?
    Judging by the looks I often get from people when they find out where Im from, and the assortment of hilariously stupid questions that tend to follow, I think its a good assumption to say "no."

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by qmar View Post
    Are you being serious?
    No, he wasn't.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    Pretty funny ****..

I love the fact that when dave chappelle dresses up like a white guy and talks all proper its not racist but god forbid a white person talk with a black guys tongue or dialect...we have movies like malibus most wanted and i never heard anyone call that movie racist even tho it does perpetuate stereotypes about blacks and white. Ppl who are offended by this ad are ****ing stupid. If your portraying a race in a negative light then its racist but if its positive who the **** cares? Stupid. Its really pathetic that we as a society cant look past this bs..we all need to stop being so hypersensitive and just laugh at ourselves.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
    But that's just it. He is speaking Jamaican. Jamaican is a country with all kinds of races and they do speak like that, even the white folks in Jamaica. It is an accent, it is the country's identity. It can not be a racist ad. Impossible.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Jamaica-theme Super Bowl ad: Racist?

Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    But that's just it. He is speaking Jamaican. Jamaican is a country with all kinds of races and they do speak like that, even the white folks in Jamaica. It is an accent, it is the country's identity. It can not be a racist ad. Impossible.
    I have never been there and have never heard a white person speak like that..it was not just the accent its the words he is using. Never met a white person from jamica either so i have to plead ignorant on that...but i agree it aint racist.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Judging by the looks I often get from people when they find out where Im from, and the assortment of hilariously stupid questions that tend to follow, I think its a good assumption to say "no."
    Where are ya from pal?

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    I have never been there and have never heard a white person speak like that..it was not just the accent its the words he is using. Never met a white person from jamica either so i have to plead ignorant on that...but i agree it aint racist.

OK, let's place race for a minute. Let's say all Bahamians (sorry Tyler) and Jamaicans are black. What difference does it make? It is a language (English) with an accent. Just like England speaks English with a different access, or Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Australia or in the Caribbean St Lucia, Bahamas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman (just to name a few).

We like to claim first rights to everything but English can not be one. As a matter of fact in the eyes of an Oxford English speaking person the American English sounds dumb and uneducated. Our English is merely a rip-off of the English language which has established itself over a few hundred years.

We have no right to place judgement on another country's version of the English language. This whole notion that black people can't speak English will be thrown out of the window if you have ever heard a black English person speaking in its finest Oxford English. And he sounds so smart but we really don't know if he actually is smart.

If an English person in the US says: Yesterday I smoked five fags. Are you suing him for discrimination or hate crime against gays? Because after all "smoking five fags" could be translated as 'beating up on 5 homosexual people' not "smoking five cigarettes".

This whole PC crap is going overboard nowadays.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Let's say all Bahamians (sorry Tyler) and Jamaicans are black. What difference does it make?
    What difference SHOULD it make? None.

What difference DOES it make? There are people who make their living "race-baiting". No racism means no job so they have to find it or create it.

It is a fact that at one time whites around the world treated non-whites very poorly. Therefore, anything that rich white descendants of slave owners think/consider/ponder or do in respect to non-whites IS racist. People who were white in the USA and what was to become the USA between 30-400 years ago were racist so whites must be racist now. It is safe for these people to assume that those who control Volkswagen are white because rich descendants of slave owners would never allow non-whites to rise to a position of power in the company - because their racist - a fact supported by circular logic that there likely aren't many minorities in the Volkswagen board room.

Attachment 9768
    ďIím somewhat disappointed that more African Americans donít think for themselves and just go with whatever theyíre supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wtf...?

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Where are ya from pal?
    Bahamas. Im a whitey so I get odd looks in the states usually, followed by questions that imply that theres no way Im actually Bahamian . Often those questions are followed up by questions implying that I live in a 3rd world ****hole devoid of modern technology.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Bahamas. Im a whitey so I get odd looks in the states usually, followed by questions that imply that theres no way Im actually Bahamian . Often those questions are followed up by questions implying that I live in a 3rd world ****hole devoid of modern technology.
    I found your pic on LinkedN...hope you dont mind if i post

I apologize in advance for any offense that is taken. I sincerely regret my posting. Please accept my wife and a dozen Krispy Kremes as debt repayment

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote