Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BioShock Infinite

1. -1
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

BioShock Infinite

Haven't played a Bioshock game, they simply never interested me. This one has raised my curiosity. Ive been reading up on various previews for the game and it looks incredibly ambitious. Seems like the story is divided into 3 sections that weave into one another:

1) Protecting Elizabeth. Protecting someone in games is often extremely frustrating, but by all accounts you dont have to worry about her dying and she helps you out in combat. As well, apparently the gameplay can change depending on your interactions and choices with her.

2) War between two utterly unlikable factions. Ultra-nationalists who have demonized Lincoln and believe in subjugating the "lesser races" versus extreme communists who believe even your wives and homes belong to "the people" and who murder individuals just for having jobs. While it seems a bit absurd, i find it refreshing to be able to hate both sides. You'll get to see their beginnings and see how the conflict started innocently enough, but the current state of the war has an attitude of "as long as we win everything will be fine".

3) Hunted. While everyone wants to capture and kill you, the Infinite equivalent of the Big Daddy is hunting you down. No one could mistake Resident Evil 3 as a masterpiece, and looking back it probably started the trend toward the crap games that are now churned out by that series, but i still remember the feeling of tension it evoked. I never knew if the next area was safe to move towards or if i was about to be in huge trouble. The nemesis added an element to games i hadnt experienced before and im hoping "SongBird" can pull off something similar.

Anyone planning on grabbing this? Anyone have an opinion on the other BioShocks, are they worth picking up before the new release?
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Tweet@KJoneZ13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I absolutely loved the first Bioshock , it had it all, great story interesting characters and excellent combat. The second was good as well but didn't match the first. This third game appears to be a very ambitious game and if it pulls off what it is aiming at it could be one of the greatest games ever . I have a lot of faith in Ken Levine and his studio irrational games. Ken did the first Bioshock but not the second his story telling and characters are excellent. I definitely recommend playing the first though it is an awesome game.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kthurmus23 View Post
    I absolutely loved the first Bioshock , it had it all, great story interesting characters and excellent combat. The second was good as well but didn't match the first. This third game appears to be a very ambitious game and if it pulls off what it is aiming at it could be one of the greatest games ever . I have a lot of faith in Ken Levine and his studio irrational games. Ken did the first Bioshock but not the second his story telling and characters are excellent. I definitely recommend playing the first though it is an awesome game.
    Went ahead and grabbed the "Ultimate Rapture" edition, has both games and dlc's. Only halfway through the original but im impressed. The level of detail in it is just staggering, mind blowing. With the unique npc actions and dialogue(especially the creepy Big Daddy/Little Sister interactions) there might be more detail in this game than Skyrim. Im particularly impressed with the audio tapes scattered around. Learning about what happened and how Andrew Ryans dream failed is convoluted but realistic. If you were stuck on this station trying to learn what went wrong, you wouldnt learn everything in the exact order it happened.

As im not the biggest fan of first person shooters, i dont know if i could crown Bioshock as one of the best games made. But i do know i would use it as my example if i were arguing "are video games art". Irrational Games made a masterpiece in every sense of the word.

Anyways, new trailer:

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Tweet@KJoneZ13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The trailers look great, placed my preorder the other day so the countdown is on.

Glad you like the game so far. Like you the audio tapes were probably my favorite thing about the game, the story as a whole is great from start to finish. Irrational definitely puts a ton of effort into the game detail level design, characters etc. They create a rare sense of immersion that I wish more games could come up with. I don't know how far you are into it now so I wont say anything more, don't want to ruin the story.
    Last edited by Kthurmus23; 02-12-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If only I had more time for games... :sigh:
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kthurmus23 View Post
    The trailers look great, placed my preorder the other day so the countdown is on.

Glad you like the game so far. Like you the audio tapes were probably my favorite thing about the game, the story as a whole is great from start to finish. Irrational definitely puts a ton of effort into the game detail level design, characters etc. They create a rare sense of immersion that I wish more games could come up with. I don't know how far you are into it now so I wont say anything more, don't want to ruin the story.
    Beat the game a few days ago and agree it was brilliant. I was impressed with the amount of details that Irrational put into Rapture but was never in love with the place itself....until the little sister creation room towards the end of the game. My god. It was like a gut punch. I had certainly been watching(and attacking) their interactions with the big daddies, but looking into the rooms and seeing things like the propaganda posters...just whoa.

Excellent game and one that is difficult to classify. Theres just to much to it. FPS? Hardly. RPG? Not quite. Its definitely a "water cooler" game. A game you can defeat the enemies and events in different and interesting ways. Among my favorites were lighting a big daddy on fire, running away, then launching a heat seeking rocket into the room.

Eventually ill be replaying the original, though it will be after Infinite. About the start the second one, though already know it wont be as good as the first. Either way, they will stay a "non-sell" game(s) for me. Just to unique to part with.

Anyways, another new trailer, they went darker this time:

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BioShock Infinite is getting a Season Pass that will allow you to get all of the game's DLC packs at a cheaper price.

The pass will cost 15.99/$19.99/1,600 MS Points and will cover the three pieces of downloadable content currently being created for the game.

Additionally, purchasing the Season Pass will net you the Early Bird Special Pack, containing four pieces of gear, a machine gun upgrade, a pistol upgrade, special skins for both weapons and five infusion bottles to increase your stats.

Bioshock Infinite will release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on March 26.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...pass-announced

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've been looking for the first one by itself and can't find it anywhere. I don't want the dual pack, but it's the only thing available. Sucks...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    If only I had more time for games... :sigh:
    My wife pretty ritualistically goes into her art room and paints/sculpts/etc every evening for about 3 hours. That's my game time. It's funny because people on xbox live can always tell who is in control of the TV. Games/Music - me. Netflix/Hulu - wifey. Although when she sees I'm really into a new game or something, she'll give me more time to play. But that also means I'm on the hook for some art exhibit or something...
    Quote Quote