Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BioShock Infinite

1. -21
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox360Achievements:

Not only one of the best story-driven games of all time, it’s one of the best games we’ve ever played full stop. With a fantastic chemistry between the game’s two central characters, one of the most stunningly realised game worlds, some excellent game mechanics, incredible production values and a frankly genius story, it’s a game that simply everyone and his dog must own.
    Game informer:

Infinite is more than a new setting, story, and characters; those elements are seamlessly integrated with complex themes, a mysterious plot, and entertaining combat to create an amazing experience from beginning to end. Familiar threads run through it – a lighthouse, a strange city, a charismatic antagonist – but they are homages to the past rather than attempts to recycle it. The core of Infinite is unlike anything else on land, sea, or air.
    Gamespot:

You'll be haunted by this thematically devastating adventure, and indeed, its phenomenal final minutes, which are bound to be discussed and dissected for some time to come.
    BioShock Infinite could make you feel uncomfortable. If you adhere to religious faith, or celebrate American idealism, this game may invite introspection or even anger. BioShock Infinite isn't afraid to magnify the way religious and racial extremism inform our culture and change lives. It isn't afraid to depict a less-than-holy trinity diseased by power, deception, and manipulation. As the story circles back on itself, you're left wondering whether redemption cleanses us of our atrocities, or simply invites us to commit greater ones. Once the finale comes, you will want to play again, watching each event and image through the lens of information you can never un-know. BioShock Infinite is more than just a quality game: it's an important one.
    Joystiq:

While the end of 2013 will be filled with talk about a new generation of video games, BioShock Infinite's narrative will stand out as an achievement, helping put a cap on a generation that propelled narrative as a focus for the industry. Undoubtedly the finest game crafted by Irrational Games, BioShock Infinite is one of the best told stories of this generation. It simply cannot be missed.
    Metacritic(where i got most of that) has it rated at 96%. Reviews are still being posted, but the majority of the ones that are up give it a perfect score. Ive largely dodged what was written and gone straight to the verdict, but im damn tempted to read some of the reviews from actual news organizations. Only a few months removed from the election, im interested to see if the media will jump into this.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Xbox360Achievements:

Game informer:

Gamespot:

Metacritic(where i got most of that) has it rated at 96%. Reviews are still being posted, but the majority of the ones that are up give it a perfect score. Ive largely dodged what was written and gone straight to the verdict, but im damn tempted to read some of the reviews from actual news organizations. Only a few months removed from the election, im interested to see if the media will jump into this.
    Now I'm even more interested in playing it. Anything that pisses off the crazies is a must-see in my book...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Come to the dark sides man. We Xboxers are awesome...
    I thought about it. My 360 just isn't reliable enough. I would have gone PC if I knew for a fact that I could use a controller on it.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Contortionist: Language I: Intuition
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Bc...cFcJcoyqt1u2zg
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Amusingly, TIME magazine was supposed to review the game. I say "supposed to" because the guy they assigned to do it is sick as a dog and couldnt get to far into it. So instead, he bitterly did what i was doing earlier and copy and pasted parts of other peoples review. After i beat the game it looks like Kotaku is the first review ill go back and read:

Former TIME scribe Evan Narcisse has the most powerful piece at Kotaku. Evan writes the sort of game reviews I prefer: smart, politically aware, pointed, theory-informed and blissfully flavor-text-free. He also doesn’t shy from exploring the game’s brutal-playground-within-politicized-narrative-snow-globe design:

It’s easy to dismiss those people floating in the fractured mirror Americas that we disagree with. They’re wrong; we’re right. Who cares why they are the way they are? But BioShock Infinite asks us to consider that very question and gives an answer that mixes hope with bitterness, wonder with despair and allegory with history. The game doesn’t offer any advice about how to make everyone get along better but it makes a powerful argument for owning– and owning up to–all of our collective past.
    http://techland.time.com/2013/03/25/...r-get-me-down/

Whelp, looks like im going to be "that guy" and hit the store at midnight to grab my copy.

edit: decided to quote one more review, from TheEscapist(who also gave it a perfect score):
    Bioshock Infinite is both a breathtaking achievement in videogame storytelling and a marquee example of a game that will stick with you long after you see everything it has to offer. Calling it simply a first-person shooter is practically an insult. If you can make it through the game without being emotionally affected - or even experiencing a bit of an existential crisis - you need to check your pulse immediately.
    And with that, i have to avoid Metacritic before i dig into the reviews.
    Last edited by Spesh; 03-25-2013 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Tweet@KJoneZ13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I thought about it. My 360 just isn't reliable enough. I would have gone PC if I knew for a fact that I could use a controller on it.
    I am getting on pc and it was confirmed that you can use a controller so you are good to go. I am a mouse and keyboard guy still though.

As for the reviews I was pumped for it before but I have never seen reviews this good. I will be picking up my preorder at midnight as well though going to be epic.
    Last edited by Kthurmus23; 03-25-2013 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kthurmus23 View Post
    I am getting on pc and it was confirmed that you can use a controller so you are good to go. I am a mouse and keyboard guy still though.

As for the reviews I was pumped for it before but I have never seen reviews this good. I will be picking up my preorder at midnight as well though going to be epic.
    I ordered it on PS3. I'm pretty new to PC gaming, so I still prefer a controller where I can get it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Tweet@KJoneZ13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I ordered it on PS3. I'm pretty new to PC gaming, so I still prefer a controller where I can get it.
    Ah cool, totally understandable. Makes it easier to transition between the systems. I did the same when I was back and forth between PC and my Playstation consoles. About two years ago I decided to make the permanent switch to PC, only because I had to spend so much on this damn video card. I want to get as much out of it as I can.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kthurmus23 View Post
    Ah cool, totally understandable. Makes it easier to transition between the systems. I did the same when I was back and forth between PC and my Playstation consoles. About two years ago I decided to make the permanent switch to PC, only because I had to spend so much on this damn video card. I want to get as much out of it as I can.
    Me too. I will most likely hold off on the PS4 due to building a massive gaming PC.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Been playing for about 40 minutes. Just like the original, exploration is rewarded. Would recommend searching around even in the beginning.

Anyways, true to form Gamestop didnt give instructions on how to redeem your Industrial Revolution rewards(although i was able to redeem the shotgun). Anyone able to get theirs?
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    9-7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I never got into Bioshock, granted I only played the first one. What I got from the game though was very generic. I understand the atmosphere is rather cool, but the combat to the actual enemies (felt like there was only 3 different kinds) and the "powers"" (O.OOo electricity and fire, woo) was just very "meh" to me. I didn't get very far into the game though, didn't do it for me.

It's hard for me to do single player FPS games though. Unless it's something more along the lines of an RPG, then maybe, but at that point I'd rather just play an MMO.
    Quote Quote