Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Will Miami go after Andy Levitre?

1. -41
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldnt be surprised if Samuda moves into Incogs spot. I also wouldnt be surprised if Incog stays until his contract done. I also wouldnt be surprised if he is traded. I do think he is definitely trade bait due to ZBS.

Ireland can just find another Samuda after the draft IMO. Jerry is sticking obviously.

buffalo has to sign Byrd. I dont think they are strapped but they dont have all kinds of money to spend either but I have heard around town that Wilson has said to Nix that he has all the money it takes at his disposal. I think they want to resign both.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i thought our running game this year was pretty good the way it is. With that said, Levitre would be an upgrade for sure, but is he a NEED? Imagine we can get Long to be healthy and keep him. Then we draft a top OL in the draft and sign Levitre...our OL would be amazing.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    think if angela jolie was 20 again...she liked me...and brad pitt was ugly...it would be amazing...if your going to be delusional - why not be positive!
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TruePoizon View Post
    i thought our running game this year was pretty good the way it is. With that said, Levitre would be an upgrade for sure, but is he a NEED? Imagine we can get Long to be healthy and keep him. Then we draft a top OL in the draft and sign Levitre...our OL would be amazing.
    I'm sorry... HUH??

Did you actually watch any of our games? Any of our 3rd and 1 non first down runs? Even if you didn't watch our games, the stats show we sucked too... are you on the correct message board?

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    So in your opinion would you sign Levitre for around 8 million, let Jake Long walk at lets say 9 million, resign Gardner and let him John Jerry and a possible 3rd round type OT duke it out on the right side and consider that a big upgrade?
    a big upgrade??? hmmm...no i wouldn't consider that scenario being a big upgrade...i'm assuming you are moving cog to right guard which i would agree with and jerry becomes in a competition at right tackle with a rookie or cheap vet signing and when i mean cheap i mean a one year guy at like close to vet minimum...i am one of those people who believes if jerry is pulled out of the starting line up at guard he should be competing at right tackle and might even work out as a solid starting option there...he's got right tackle feet...i also think yeatman who fits what you look for in a zbs tackle from an athleticism aspect could play into this...

i don't hate it but i also think $8 mil per for levitre is pretty steep and i'm betting if he does hit free agency and does actually leave it's gonna be for big money...

i do know one thing though...i'm sure jarius byrd is a major priority to resign for them given he's one of the few safeties in the league that actually makes plays on the ball and causes turnovers in the passing game...he's either getting signed long term or tagged given the safety # is not a deal breaker...

i don't know what else they have to sign or have as free agents and i don't know their cap situation and what vets who have high cap numbers they can jettison they may be pretty strapped after that whopper mario williams deal which looks like a mistake already but byrds a definite priority
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    The initial theory on Incognito at LG was that with Jake Long being such a good pass blocker he really wouldn't need to provide the pass protection help at LG that he would have to provide at RG because our RT was far shakier at the time. The reality is that Martin's play has been just as bad as Colombo's and we can't really move Incognito to RG yet. Now, if Martin makes a huge improvement in the power department, no longer is among the worst T's in the league at blocking bull rushes, and is freed up to play a more neutral stance where his good feet and athletic skills can do well against speed rushers, things might change. But, if we don't resign Long or draft Fisher/Johnson, then we'll need to move Martin over to LT, where he will definitely need Levitre's help against the pass rush. That almost necessitates Incognito moving over to RG, and puts our pass pro on the right side in serious jeopardy.

I simply don't see how we let Long walk without bringing in at least 1 veteran OL. Nobody fits our team better than Levitre.
    You are sooo correct. Never in the history of the NFL has a rookie O-lineman ever developed into a quality player. I mean Wade Smith was a former early rd pick of the Phins and he never amounted to anything.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Very solid pickup for us if he is signed. i'm just not a fan of john jerry and think the guard position needs to be upgraded asap.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The two not so free agents I'd sign would be Wallace then Levitre and Vollmer if we can afford him
    I would also draft Chance Warmack with our #1 pick with our 2-2nd rounders for wr and De

Incognito would be either traded or released giving us a starting offensive line

Martin,Levitre,Pouncey,Warmack,Vollmer
    one of the youngest and best offensive lines in the NFL

Tannehills passing numbers and QB rating increases according to PFF more than any QB in football when given more than 2.5 seconds to pass
    his completion % jumps to almost 61% and his QB rating jumps to 96.5

Less than 2.5 seconds and Tannys completion % is 57.9% and his QB rating is 67.5

Give Tanny a few weapons and fix the offensive line once and for all
    and Tanny would be very very good knocking on the door to elite
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    The two not so free agents I'd sign would be Wallace then Levitre and Vollmer if we can afford him
    I would also draft Chance Warmack with our #1 pick with our 2-2nd rounders for wr and De

Incognito would be either traded or released giving us a starting offensive line

Martin,Levitre,Pouncey,Warmack,Vollmer
    one of the youngest and best offensive lines in the NFL

Tannehills passing numbers and QB rating increases according to PFF more than any QB in football when given more than 2.5 seconds to pass
    his completion % jumps to almost 61% and his QB rating jumps to 96.5

Less than 2.5 seconds and Tannys completion % is 57.9% and his QB rating is 67.5

Give Tanny a few weapons and fix the offensive line once and for all
    and Tanny would be very very good knocking on the door to elite
    idkwbibh
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    Fire Rock Pale Ale by the Kona Brewing company or Samuel Adams brother. You have to deliver them in person and help drink'em.
    Sounds like a plan! Im down with the Sam...
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote