Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: say it ain't so, Danny?

1. -61
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Spartanburg, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's funny...when I saw this thread, my heart kinda sank. Not because I judge him, or because it makes him a bad person...but he is the only guy that I really thought of as a hero when I was a kid. I still, as a grown man, reminisce about how I felt watching him play. I guess when you're a kid, you don't care or think about this kind of thing. But as an adult, I always admired that he seemed to have a real dream life...a happy family, kids, travel, etc. I guess it should be expected that everyone has their problems.

I don't hold it against him, but I guess in some small way I am disappointed. But it isn't like he has abandoned the child...they are set for life. I'm sure the child could reach out to him one day, but who knows if she will want to. Sounds like she has a family, a father that is adopting her, etc. and I can't blame Dan for trying to handle this discreetly. His life is based on his reputation now. And I'm sure it is easier on his family for it to be settled. None of us know much about it, and I doubt we ever will. It's their personal life.

I definitely felt a little disappointed today, but the guy is still my childhood hero.
    Or Check out My Wallpapers Thread
    http://www.finheaven.com/show...e-Good-Ol-Days...
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Marino is a fool for paying her millions to keep quiet. Women can't keep secrets, you moron.

...and congrats for being another member of the lucky sperm club, Marino's baby.
    #freespesh

Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bopkin02 View Post
    What always baffles me about these things, celebrities and their love-children, is that Marino has a mountain of money, this woman had a job, they're educated, probably worldly, they each can't afford or be bothered to concern themselves with obtaining proper birth control? Speaking from ONLY a PRACTICAL point of view, if you were going to enter into an affair, when you're a public figure, wouldn't you think to take every precaution to protect yourself, your money, and your reputation? If there's no child involved, this is a heresay incident and no one would ever know about it. I can't imagine the pressure of being a celebrity, good-looking guy like Marino, famous athlete, I'm sure he gets tempted more often than we can imagine. I don't judge someone like that too harshly about an indiscretion because I can't relate to his life, though I do understand the act of drawing a line regarding absolutes as far as this goes, but as I said, from just a common sense point of view, I'm stunned at the inability to protect themselves.
    You assume too much. One of my best friends is pregnant with a child conceived while using protection.
    Why so gloomy?
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wonder if his wife knew about this or if she's finding out today. It's going to suck when he goes home next week.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    they didnt call him Dan The Man for nothing.A true Dolphin legend.i forgave him for not getting us a superbowl win and I forgive him for this as well.he had the best protection as a qb when he played,hes just gotten a little rusty.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan19 View Post
    . I'm sure the child could reach out to him one day, but who knows if she will want to. .

According to the article, he's in touch with the child. Really, he's handled this with a lot of class.

What made me scratch my head was the OP's claim that Marino had an affair with a baby. Got all kinds of strange images into my brain.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He stayed in the pocket way too long! Laces OFF Dan!
    Board Historian
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Regarding the woman, I'd hit it.

Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think Danny got his money's worth on keeping it quiet. Danny also has awful taste in bitches. He couldn't do better than that slut?
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Human beings are just that. Human beings. We are all in this together.
    Down with the hero-worship/celebrity society!
    Quote Quote