Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: say it ain't so, Danny?

1. -21
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Of course I was shocked when I heard it, but honestly, it changes nothing for me. He was my one and only sports hero and that's not going to change because neither my childhood or my memories have been changed. If his wife has forgiven him then far be it from me to hold this against him. I couldn't care less.

I do echo the sentiment that Dan should be a lot more careful re. birth control. A vasectomy wouldn't have been a bad idea.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 01-31-2013 at 10:22 AM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Disappointing to hear this. He will always be a great football player but off the field this is just messed up.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nothing new........................... not like we all didnt do it....But used protection. Danny just thought he could pull out the car out the garage in time.................Dam danny whats the matter with you.....................You should be a player........you should be used to these things.
    "Five yards is my life!" - Don Shula to a referee who had told Shula to quit arguing, that the penalty he just called was only five yards
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Did he have a son with this chick? If so, maybe in a few years we can field a team of all bastard children starting with Ahnuld's kid and now this one. 3 to go to start an NBA team!

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    There is also the issue of the little girl. Its good that she is being supported financially, but it seems like her father (Marino) is not in her life at all.

I wish guys would think with the right head, because dick-thinking leaves a lot of hurting people out there in the world.
    It always amazes me to think about what kids like this will face in their lives as they get older. Dan Marino is one of the most famous QBs in the history of the league so imagine what this kid will go through. "Who's your dad?" "Uh, Dan Marino".

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's a bad job out of him. You just never know what goes on off the field with these guys.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Seriously now

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well guys, we all know men have an incredible urge to f***, and when you're a celebrity and its thrown in your face constantly, what are you gonna do? Society needs to be way more understanding of the male sex drive. They are in other countries, but America still has the ridiculous Puritan strain.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinman1 View Post
    Well guys, we all know men have an incredible urge to f***, and when you're a celebrity and its thrown in your face constantly, what are you gonna do? Society needs to be way more understanding of the male sex drive. They are in other countries, but America still has the ridiculous Puritan strain.
    Hey, if a guy wants to eff everything under the sun, more power to them. But if you are going to get married and claim to be devoted to your wife and the mother of your children, then play by the rules and resist your urges. You know, it is possible not to ACT on these urges. To pull a cliche, you can't have your cake and eat it too, unless this is a mutual understanding.

But seriously, if you want to go be a man and bang random women all over, be single. Otherwise, it's a betrayal of trust that affects the whole family, not just the spouse. I think that's what gets me most, how this kind of thing can destroy the family structure and seriously impair their children's lives.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Seriously now

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Hey, if a guy wants to eff everything under the sun, more power to them. But if you are going to get married and claim to be devoted to your wife and the mother of your children, then play by the rules and resist your urges. You know, it is possible not to ACT on these urges. To pull a cliche, you can't have your cake and eat it too, unless this is a mutual understanding.

But seriously, if you want to go be a man and bang random women all over, be single. Otherwise, it's a betrayal of trust that affects the whole family, not just the spouse. I think that's what gets me most, how this kind of thing can destroy the family structure and seriously impair their children's lives.
    Well, I don't think he "banged random women all over". Look I see your point. I just don't think this means Dan has bad character, and it shouldn't tarnish his rep, although it will. Guys just aren't meant to be w one woman his whole life, it's unnatural.

If you were a big time celebrity, and a good family man, but had women throwing themselves at you left and right, you sayin you wouldn't slip? It happens. It should also be noted that Dan took care of the woman and child, as he should. He's a good man who simply wanted a piece of strange. Doesn't mean he is of low character. But for the simpletons in America, the media has to put everything as black or white. No in between. I wouldn't even be surprised if CBS fired him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinman1 View Post
    LOL @ Rationalizing cheating on your wife of 20+ years and his selfishness.

If Marino had an incredible urge to ****, then he should go **** his wife.

This is nothing more than a man being a dog.

Quote Quote