Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Phinatics Free Agency Give or Take Game

1. -41
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I may be wrong on Volmer at $5-6M and/or Levitre at $5M. Volmer is 28, had the back issue, and is likely looking for a 5 year deal. Depending on the guaranteed money, I could see a $5-6M average getting a deal done. IMO, he's not a lot better than Winston.

Levitre is only 26 but, is a guard. I don't think any team is going to go much over the $5M.

I project these numbers based on this year's cap staying the same, with many teams over it and having to watch what they can spend. I really believe that this FA is going to be a buyer's market.
    vollmer and levitre are the top names at their positions if they hit free agency and you think you are getting them at that low a # you must be foreseeing a nose dive in player contracts...and there will be some agents that need to be fired

only way i foresee that when there are plenty of teams still with big money is if medical is a concern...if not...for $5 mil per those guys would probably just resign with their current teams...cause by free agent terms they would be steals
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    vollmer and levitre are the top names at their positions if they hit free agency and you think you are getting them at that low a # you must be foreseeing a nose dive in player contracts...and there will be some agents that need to be fired

only way i foresee that when there are plenty of teams still with big money is if medical is a concern...if not...for $5 mil per those guys would probably just resign with their current teams...cause by free agent terms they would be steals
    There are roughly 2/3rds of NFL teams with no money to spend at this point, check out the VIP sticky for more info. Some are gonna have to make some tuff choices on cuts, which will increase the FA market. The cap stays the same this year.

Based on that, I do see a nose dive this year. Hope I'm right, and that Ireland saw the same thing happening last year when he did nothing.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post

This is part of my point on why we're keeping Long. People keep crying about "letting him just walk no compensation" yet toss out these posts as if they will cost all that much less. It will likely cost us just under the $9mil it will cost us to re-sign Jake. I'd stick with the perennial Pro Bowler who is offering us a hometown discount by not demanding Joe Thomas money.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgetown, Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey guys, got to get my post in so I can view links. Been on the Finsiders.com chat for over a year and it's where I spend from 5-7 pm. Don't be too hard on the new guy ! BTW...I think we need to take a big time No.1 WR...either Jennings or Bowe asnd free up the No. for either a DE that can bookend Cam Wake....and there are a few WR to resign Hartline for sure. He doesn't want to go anywhere. He's previous high of 35 catches per season was almost tripled with Tannihill.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    After a Super Bowl hangover I'm here.

Well as the market could inflate the value of some free agents there are three factors to considerate about Levitre & Vollmer.

All around the NFL recently-hired HCs & GMs could start forging a new O-line on their teams that could step up Levitre's price tag. But it's unlikely that his agent will hear several calls, as no one is going to give him important money before April because there are more talented guards in the draft. So if Dolphins can place the right offer they could add him at the suggested price.

On Sebastian Vollmer there's an obvious issue, Pats will tender him an he could make a home-discount on NE.

That said, none of them is a sure thing but signing both is plausible.
    From Mexico, GO PHINS GO!!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    This is part of my point on why we're keeping Long. People keep crying about "letting him just walk no compensation" yet toss out these posts as if they will cost all that much less. It will likely cost us just under the $9mil it will cost us to re-sign Jake. I'd stick with the perennial Pro Bowler who is offering us a hometown discount by not demanding Joe Thomas money.
    There is a reason he is not demanding Joe Thomas money, he has not played as well as Thomas. Long is not giving anybody a discount and 10 million is about the max any team will pay for his services coming off another injury
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I doubt Vollmer hits the market, if he does that means he's looking for a payday, I'm guessing in the 7-8 million range. Levitre at 5mil does seem a bit low to me as well, I was thinking in the 6-7mill range. crash landing somewehre between 6.25-6.5 range... With that said, I'd add cutting ties with Incogs and his 5.4 mill and transfer some of that cap savings onto Levitre... Wich will leave us with a choice at RG and RT. I think we already have a RG on the roster as is, if it's Jerry or somebody else, I dunno but, we will need to address the RT spot, that's for sure. Wishful thinking we get Mathews from A&M the same way we got Martin last year.
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Remember that IF Volmer and/or Levitre do end up costing more, that the first year cap hit is normally less than the contract average by 25%. For example, an $8M average, with the pro rated bonus, etc, would be around $6M the first year.

We will have around $30M to actually spend, and can add to that with a few moves on Marshall, Patterson, Cog, and maybe Dansby. This would allow us to sign a top WR and all of our own. To make more changes, there will have to be trade offs.

Our complete list of FA's from PFF

Name Pos. Years 2012Team 2013Team Rating Snaps
    Brian Hartline WR 4 MIA UFA +7.1 914
    Nate Kaeding K 9 MIA UFA +6.6 0
    Chris Clemons S 4 MIA UFA +4.5 1120
    Anthony Fasano TE 7 MIA UFA +4.0 921
    Randy Starks DI 9 MIA UFA +3.5 826
    Matt Moore QB 6 MIA UFA +2.5 56
    Jeron Mastrud TE 3 MIA RFA +1.9 100
    Bryan McCann CB 3 MIA RFA +1.3 143
    Austin Spitler LB 3 MIA RFA +0.1 11
    Jonathon Amaya S 3 MIA RFA 0.0 4
    Tyrone Culver S 7 MIA UFA 0.0 6
    Jake Long OT 5 MIA UFA -0.3 745
    Nate Garner OT 5 MIA UFA -1.4 331
    Marlon Moore WR 3 MIA RFA -1.5 198
    Reggie Bush RB 7 MIA UFA -2.6 582
    Sean Smith CB 4 MIA UFA -3.5 1068
    Tony McDaniel DI 7 MIA UFA -6.5 255

Without Keeding, we have 9 to sign or replace, and the 6 higher profile ones in Hartline, Clemons, Fasano, Starks, Long, Bush, and Smith.
    Quote Quote