Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Sherman Will Hold Tannehill Back

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    I seriously believe that Mike Sherman will stop T-hill from succeeding because he will not expose him to all of the elements of being a all round QB. Sherman is still trying to run that Texas A&M stuff which is good for Tannehill but it doesn't fool many defenses in the NFL. Earlier on in the season when Tannehill was struggling it wasn't I don't think because of the rookie wall, it was bexcause T-hill had a predetermined exit plan when things went bad(throw it out of bounds kid) but we as fans found out that T-hill is a pretty good athelete and he can make things happen with he feet but sherman being and old guard type of coach didn't want to expose T-hill to unecessary hits. This will go as far as T-hill development can take it, he will have to redefine what type of QB he is is he david woodley or dan marino, we the fans will never know as long as mike Sherman is the OC.
    I been on this side for a while now.
    I'm not one of the biggest Tannehill fans, but imho, I give him more and more credit everytime I look back at our offense.
    Sherman does this guy NO favors imo.
    There's only 2 guys I want off our staff, Sherman and his effn son in law.
    We aint running no "hookup joint'' here for people to bring there connections and family members etc.

Sherman has had his day in the sun. He aint ''on fire'' anymore. He just want to teach young adults etc.
    I mean he's a good guy for that.
    But that's not what we need for our OC.

I can maybe give him one more year with some actual weapons on offense.
    It's just my gut that he will still be holding us back.
    We may win more games because of better players.
    It won't be because of Sherman's schemes.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    He SHOULD be held back. He's still very raw and we shouldn't expect him to sling 30 TDS with this "talent" around him. If the shackles are still on say year 3 then ill have a major problem with this.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Phindog View Post
    Sherman held Tannehill back because he was a rookie QB.I wouldnt worry about this at all........
    I agree with this. I think Sherman was trying to protect Tannehill for most of the year and called plays that didn't put him in harms way or situations that had high risks. I think we also saw Sherman start to lift those restrictions late in the year with the addition of the read option and Tannehill handled that well. With a new offensive cast around him in 2013 I don't think Sherman will protect or "hold back" Tannehill much this season. Last year he was a rookie learning his way, now he will be a NFL veteran.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Rookie QB, no established #1 receiver, and a struggling O-Line. There's a bit of a learning curve when coming into the league, but that isn't helped when you're offensive line gives you zero time to make a pass. Honestly, I'm glad Sherman had him throw the ball out of bounds as often as he did. The alternative was 6 sacks per game: concussions, dislocated shoulder, broken wrist...pick one. For me, the jury is still out on Sherman. Let's see what happens this year now that Ryan has had some time in the league, and assuming he has a #1 receiver and an upgraded O-Line. Once he has the tools to succeed, it's going to be easier to judge the failures.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea I think Sherman is an excellent OC. He knows better than we do what he was dealing with. He made statements this year about needing certain type of players/working with what he had something in that vain. Not to mention Friggin Egnew? If I were the one making the decisions, I'd cut your @ss today. Sherman knew he didn't have the weapons yet and that 1/3 of the team wasn't ready yet. If Sherman was a stuck in a mode type of guy I believe Philbin would had told Ireland fire his @ss. Sherman I don't think is our problem.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    fail
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought we were agressive considering the limited talent. We have been through worse.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The offense last year was awful but that can be attributed to many factors including raw QB, no receivers and a makeshift o-line. Sherman, however, destroyed the Packers with his horrible personnel decisions and I'm worried that Philbin gives him too much leeway in personnel.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sherman had just been fired. Guys who have been fired don't hold back, regardless of personnel. They are scared. The NFL has no problem juggling key positions in one season. And it's not as if Sherman was learning the ropes in the NFL.

He gameplanned the best he could and we ended up where we did, at 18 points per game, better than only 5 teams. In 2013 it will be an improvement. That's not exactly going out on a limb. I'll bet any team over 18 points per game and take my chances.

The barrage of happy 40% adjustments around here is frankly hysterical. It's never face value. There's always a reason we're really much better off than we think, or some unfair variable is restricting where we can go.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good points. I can see that side of ''protecting a rookie qb." And true they did unveil some new stuff at the end. I feel a little better
    Quote Quote