Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Scoop on color change

1. -41
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PASQUALE View Post
    Hmmmm let's see cartoon you say skape, most of the ******* league has cartoons bro. Let's take a look shall we:

Seahawks: Cartoon
    Jaguars: Cartoon
    Patriots: Cartoon
    Dolphins: Cartoon
    Ravens: Cartoon
    Vikings: Cartoon
    Rams: Cartoon
    Eagles: Cartoon
    Falcons: Cartoon
    Raiders : Cartoon
    Panthers: Cartoon
    Broncos: Cartoon
    Cardinals: Cartoon
    Bengals: Cartoon
    Redskins: Cartoon

See half the league are cartoons. So to say it looks like a cartoon well the others 16 teams are as well. There is no other way bro. I just proved you wrong. It will be a Cartoon. Watch an see. Bank on it.
    Pretty sure he's referring to the fact that it has been stated several times that the new logo would be less like a cartoon like our current logo.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hmmmm let's see cartoon you say skape, most of the ******* league has cartoons bro. Let's take a look shall we:

Seahawks: Cartoon
    Jaguars: Cartoon
    Patriots: Cartoon
    Dolphins: Cartoon
    Ravens: Cartoon
    Vikings: Cartoon
    Rams: Cartoon
    Eagles: Cartoon
    Falcons: Cartoon
    Raiders : Cartoon
    Panthers: Cartoon
    Broncos: Cartoon
    Cardinals: Cartoon
    Bengals: Cartoon
    Redskins: Cartoon

See half the league are cartoons. So to say it looks like a cartoon well the others 16 teams are as well. There is no other way bro. I just proved you wrong. It will be a Cartoon. Watch an see. Bank on it.
    As Houtz mentioned, the Dolphins already stated the new logo would not look like a cartoon, so that one can't be it.

In any case, half the ones you mentioned are not cartoons. The ONLY one that honestly wouldn't look out of place in a Disney show is the Dolphins logo. The only other one that could possibly be considered a cartoon out of those is the Cardinals logo, and possibly the Bengals logo. The rest are done in a style consistent with logo design.
    FIRE FAILBIN

**If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All I know is, when you see a team like the Ravens and look at their colors, it speaks tough and physical football. Then you look at our colors. It makes us look soft and weak.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I actually really dislike the Ravens logo... Too much stuff going on with it.

My favorites are the classics like Green Bay, SF, Dallas, Chicago and Colts. They are simple and timeless. As a result, they won't ever go out of style.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    The more I see some of these classic logos, the more I wish we would just go back to the way we were. The old logo wasn't as cartoony as the newer one, and with the throwback colors it would look great and I think most of the fans would embrace it. Definitely not loving the Sea World Dolphins logo leak. I'm not going to hate it, but I really hope that there are some other logos that are being considered.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    All I know is, when you see a team like the Ravens and look at their colors, it speaks tough and physical football. Then you look at our colors. It makes us look soft and weak.
    Well, better get used to them. I don't see the team breaking away from the aqua/teal and orange/coral combination any time soon. If you're really think our colors look weak, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm sure the '72 Dolphins would disagree. I mean look at the Packers colors...I'm green and yellow don't exactly convey toughness, but heck... they've won the most NFL championships in league history.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    BILLINGS, MONTANA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    As Houtz mentioned, the Dolphins already stated the new logo would not look like a cartoon, so that one can't be it.

In any case, half the ones you mentioned are not cartoons. The ONLY one that honestly wouldn't look out of place in a Disney show is the Dolphins logo. The only other one that could possibly be considered a cartoon out of those is the Cardinals logo, and possibly the Bengals logo. The rest are done in a style consistent with logo design.
    Then was is your definition of a cartoon? Animated correct that my guess for you? Its not. It just is a simple drawing showing the features of its subject in a simplified way. Therefore, all of those that I stated are correct. Just stating the facts.

GO DOLPHINS!!

2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS LOS ANGELES KINGS!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And why can't the fans vote on what they want for a logo and/or uniform color??!! Why does goofy Mike Dee get to lead the thing??!! Let the fans decide!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    BILLINGS, MONTANA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh okay tell that to the 1971, 1972, and 1973 Dolphins who went to 3 Super Bowls in row with those unis and retro logo. Seriously. Wow.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

And why can't the fans vote on what they want for a logo and/or uniform color??!! Why does goofy Mike Dee get to lead the thing??!! Let the fans decide!!!!!!
    **** we agree on something that's amazing I am with you bro!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Scoop on color change

Then was is your definition of a cartoon? Animated correct that my guess for you? Its not. It just is a simple drawing showing the features of its subject in a simplified way. Therefore, all of those that I stated are correct. Just stating the facts.
    Dude, I've been drawing cartoons my whole life. It's my preferred art style. I can tell a cartoon when I see one, and I can tell a logo design when I see one. The dolphins logo is a full on cartoon character. If you dropped that dolphin into a comic strip or an animated show as a character, no one would think the wiser. It's a full fledged character! The other logos in the NFL could not work that way.
    Quote Quote