Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joan Rivers Won't Apologize For Joke About The Holocaust.

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Joan Rivers Won't Apologize For Joke About The Holocaust.

[youtube]jmrabo1vHZo[/youtube]

Joan Rivers is refusing to apologize about controversial comments she made about Jews during a segment on her TV show Fashion Police, insisting she uses humor to remind the public about the Holocaust.

The veteran funnywoman, whose parents were Russian Jewish immigrants, critiqued a dress worn by German supermodel Heidi Klum during Monday's episode of the E! series, saying, "The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into the ovens."

The remark, in reference to the Jewish prisoners of war killed by Nazis during the Holocaust, upset leaders of America's Anti-Defamation League, who demanded an apology from Rivers.

However, the comedienne is unrepentant about her remark, telling TV show Showbiz Tonight, "It's a joke. This is the way I remind people about the Holocaust, I do it through humor. My husband lost his entire family in the Holocaust, so let's just start with that."

"Your generation doesn't even know what I'm talking about. By my doing a joke (it) gets them talking, thinking. Didn't bother Heidi, doesn't bother me. Why don't you worry about the anti-Semites out there (instead)?"
    http://www.fox23news.com/entertainme...RQ.cspx?rss=45

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It seems like every year that goes by we get more and more PC. At some point we won't even be able to say words like Jew. It may offend someone!

She's a comedian, a shock comedian, and she said something shocking, O M G. Some ppl need to get out side more often.

For what it's worth, I think her comment was funny.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    No reason to apologize IMO.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its ironic how conservatives (oh so pro Israel) can declare comments like this as 'oh well it was a joke' while nailing Bill Maher for much less harmful comments (i.e. what cost him his ABC gig) as so hateful and anti American. If any Democrat leaning comedian, actor or otherwise public figure would make comments like this all hell would break loose.

For what it's worth: Comments like this have nothing to do with PC. Millions of Jews, anti-Hitler germans and people from other nations were killed through gas and burning. To make jokes of a tragedy like this is tasteless, pathetic and shows general ignorance to a very dark period of history.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Its ironic how conservatives (oh so pro Israel) can declare comments like this as 'oh well it was a joke' while nailing Bill Maher for much less harmful comments (i.e. what cost him his ABC gig) as so hateful and anti American. If any Democrat leaning comedian, actor or otherwise public figure would make comments like this all hell would break loose.

For what it's worth: Comments like this have nothing to do with PC. Millions of Jews, anti-Hitler germans and people from other nations were killed through gas and burning. To make jokes of a tragedy like this is tasteless, pathetic and shows general ignorance to a very dark period of history.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    I wish people understood this

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Earth
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its ironic how conservatives (oh so pro Israel) can declare comments like this as 'oh well it was a joke' while nailing Bill Maher for much less harmful comments (i.e. what cost him his ABC gig) as so hateful and anti American. If any Democrat leaning comedian, actor or otherwise public figure would make comments like this all hell would break loose. For what it's worth: Comments like this have nothing to do with PC. Millions of Jews, anti-Hitler germans and people from other nations were killed through gas and burning. To make jokes of a tragedy like this is tasteless, pathetic and shows general ignorance to a very dark period of history.
    Bill Maher gets away with alot yeah he got canned for comments I thought he should not have been fired for but every week on his tv show he does nothing but hate speech and gets no flak for it because he gets to hide behind his comedy card but other than that the Joan Rivers joke wasnt that funny
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17

I'm not a conservative. While I do find the joke "tasteless and pathetic" I have to take into account that shes a comedian and jokes, good and bad are how she makes her living and her right to do so is protected by the 1st amendment. Shes also Jewish herself which fair or unfair gives her a little more leeway in this case. I still don't like the joke one bit but at the same time I wouldn't crucifie her for it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Meh, not as funny as Gilbert Gottfried's Japan jokes.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Is it training camp yet?

Just because you don't agree with someone,
    does not give you the right to attack them.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Meh, not as funny as Gilbert Gottfried's Japan jokes.

I loved his Pam Anderson roast jokes........

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/216682/detail/
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    too soon Joan
    Quote Quote