Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sounds like Greg Jennings wants to reunite with Joe Philbin in Miami

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At this point, if Jennings really wants to be in Miami, is it that absurd a notion to think that Jennings takes a modest contract and we still go after Mike Wallace? They do complement each other perfectly..

Draft a TE, give the reigns to Lamar Miller...and we still have 20 million in cap room and numerous draft picks to play with.

The football equivalent of what the Heat did. And if you think the notion is silly, i'd remind you that the Ravens did almost the same thing in aquiring Anquan Boldin, Lee Evans, and drafting Torrey Smith.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Phins Up!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cudahy, WI
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Sounds like Greg Jennings wants to reunite with Joe Philbin in Miami

Bring in Jennings, draft Quinton Patton in the 2nd, and let Hartline walk. Yeah, he had 1000 yards, with 1/4 of those and his ONLY td in the Arizona game. He had about 750 over the next 14 games and zero tds. I'd rather spend the money on corners like Cox or Grimes and then let Matthews play on the outside with Jennings. Then Bess and Patton in the slots.

Follow me on Twitter @vlatifi

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Markus Wheaton = Mike Wallace

why pay someone bank when you can get them for cheap?

Jennings, Bailey, Wheaton, Hartline, Matthews

trade Bess
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    There's a lot of smoke here but I've also seen a couple of people who claim to be in the rumor circle who said that it's the 'worst kept secret' in the NFL that Jennings is going to be signing with Miami.
    Green Bay have already told him he isnt staying, if the Packers didn't mind (and why would they) it wouldn't surprise me if Jennings had already worked out in Miami or even held contract talks. I know its technically against the rules but if the Packers dont mind why wouldn't the Dolphins get in early?

Sign Jennings, keep Hartline, draft Woods and Swope ... a WR core of Jennings, Hartline, Woods, Bess, Swope and Matthews could put points on anyone. Sign Finley, keep Fasano, draft a tackle and our offense is sorted.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Finfan54 ...I absolutely love your draft I don't know if it's realistic but I still love it; if we have a draft like that we are on our way.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    At this point, if Jennings really wants to be in Miami, is it that absurd a notion to think that Jennings takes a modest contract and we still go after Mike Wallace? They do complement each other perfectly..

Draft a TE, give the reigns to Lamar Miller...and we still have 20 million in cap room and numerous draft picks to play with.

The football equivalent of what the Heat did. And if you think the notion is silly, i'd remind you that the Ravens did almost the same thing in aquiring Anquan Boldin, Lee Evans, and drafting Torrey Smith.

Just because Jennings wants to be here doesn't mean we won't have to match what other teams offer him. I doubt he takes anything to be considered a "modest" contract.

We will sign one or the other, and honestly it will probably boil down to contract terms and negotiations...I would think Ireland and Philbin are open to both options, and will draft according to how FA pans out.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Canadian Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Don't kid yourself, Mike Wallace is a top shelf talent. We need a player who can take the top off a defense, force them to play deep, and produce touchdowns. Mike Wallace does those things, but he's more than that.

The notion that he 'only runs go routes' is just silly.
    Anyone who thinks he only runs the nine routes should watch that TD he scored against the NYG this year when he caught the slant and did the rest.
    Andyman
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I don't understand the fascination with Mike Wallace. He isn't a complete WR. He's just a speed guy. Like a better Ginn or Gates. Sorry, but I'd rather look for that speed guy in the draft than spend all that money on a one trick pony. Jennings seems to be better value in FA.

When a team like the Steelers lets you walk, that kind of means something in my book.
    There's a good point to be made here. Jennings is indeed a more complete #1 type of WR than Wallace. Wallace is a pure deep threat and a bit faster than Jennings. However, Jennings is still a deep threat nonetheless as well as a complete WR who can play multiple positions at WR. Also signing Jennings and drafting a top notch pass rusher at 12, we can still use a 2nd rounder on a starter opposite Jennings and a 3rd on a deep threat WR (to play the Wallace role), this isn't a bad idea. It also allows us to let Starks walk to free up money to add a Jared Cook or Dustin Keller at TE.

But if we grab Wallace, we should still grab two WRs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I of course don't want Hartline back so...
    Last edited by MrEd; 02-02-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    The notion that Jennings is a scrub or the fact that he isn't fast is hilarious.

Dude was a top deep threat for years and he can run every route out there. He's a complete WR and is what this offense needs, get open for Tannehill.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    The notion that Jennings is a scrub or the fact that he isn't fast is hilarious.

Dude was a top deep threat for years and he can run every route out there. He's a complete WR and is what this offense needs, get open for Tannehill.
    You would think Jennings is a RB or something with all the he's slow and old comments. WRs don't start slowing down until like 35.
    Quote Quote