Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will Miami go after Andy Levitre?

1. -1
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Will Miami go after Andy Levitre?

As unbelievable as it may seem, the Buffalo Bills have yet to start serious negotiations on a contract with their reliable left guard Andy Levitre and now he will look to test the free agency waters.Since being drafted in the second round of the 2009 NFL Draft, Levitre has started 64 consecutive games, an impressive beginning to a blossoming career, but it gets better. During that same time period, Levitre did not miss a single snap. He was the one constant on a Bills front line that was often ravaged by injury. What is the Bills loss will undoubtedly be another NFL team’s gain, and one such candidate will undoubtedly be the Miami Dolphins.
    The Bills were 6th in the league in rushing and they were 10th best in the league against the sack, giving up a total of 30. The Dolphins were 20th, giving up 37, and were 17th in rushing.
    The Dolphins’ offensive line was a work in progress throughout the 2012 season, and will likely look very different when training camp wraps up this fall. The biggest questions at the moment surround left tackle Jake Long. Long also enters free agency in March, but his season ended early due to injury, and his performance throughout the season was less than what the football world has come to expect from the four-time Pro Bowl-er.
    NFL Rumors are now claiming that Long is asking for more than the Dolphins will be willing to pay, and that the team feels comfortable plugging Jonathan Martin into the left tackle spot. If they do make this move, then it would also make sense to try and shore up the right side of the line.
    One way they could strengthen the right side would be by bringing Levitre in and moving current left guard Richie Incognito over to the right. Incognito had an interesting year being named one of the dirtiest players in the NFL as well as being selected to represent the team at the Pro Bowl.
    In the past Incognito has played the right guard and has said he is even more comfortable at that position, giving the Dolphins coaching staff the flexibility it takes to put together that magic line-up.
    Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/0...YdX6oFms5Ag.99

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think that there is a good chance that Levitre is a Dolphin target. He is a good player in a position of need. Double whammy in that we weaken our AFC East opponent at the same time.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sounds good to me. Levitre is a one of the FA's that I hope are targeted. He is Justin Smiley without the injury risk.
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hope so.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hawaiian Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hilo, Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Help me out. Will he be a good fit in our zone blocking scheme.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    id be for it
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes he would be a great fit in the ZBS, he's athletic enough to get to the next level and pull, which we currently can't do with our guards to very much success.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
    Help me out. Will he be a good fit in our zone blocking scheme.
    I'm not sure what they played in Buffalo but i did find a scouting report from the 09 draft that says he is.

"he (Levitre) has that wide body frame you look for in a guard, which makes him ideal for zone blocking schemes"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/504719
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    actually, i just read that Buffalo does use a zone blocking scheme.... this guy would be a great fit for us. help solidify our o-line and weaken an afc east opponent. makes sense.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    **** yes to Levitre!
    Quote Quote