Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Greg Jennings on ESPN this morning: Talks about impending Free Agency

  1. -1
    TealAttack13's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2013
    Posts:
    1,546
    vCash:
    4496
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

    FA Greg Jennings on ESPN this morning: Talks about impending Free Agency

    Greg Jennings was on ESPN this morning; Here is the gist of what he said (sorry if I forgot anything, I was trying to jot all of this down while listening):

    He said that he isn't necessarily done as a Packer (but he sold his house and he isn't going to say right now that he's leaving anyway).

    He said that as much as he is a Packer, he is a businessman as well, and he wants to do what is best for himself and his family.

    He also said that he is embracing the opportunity to leave because there are a lot of great organizations out there, but also because he "has to" embrace is. He also eluded to the Packers putting him in that position. My guess is that he gave them a number, and they rejected it.

    He also talked briefly about how strange it would be going into that locker room next season and not seeing Donald Driver.

    All in all, he talked a lot and told us nothing, but until the season is done, he can't talk about it anyway. He spoke a few times about the opportunity to leave, and the "excitement" about determining his future (in quotations because he eluded to it more then said it directly, but you could tell that's what he meant). I think the only thing we can assume for sure is that his time in Green Bay is done, whether he says it or not. All we can hope for is that we bring him a deal that satisfies his needs.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    35,205
    vCash:
    129796
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    I think he will end up a Dolphin.

    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    rent this space's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,435
    vCash:
    9679
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anyone think he(his agent) has already had conversations with Miami? Many deals are struck before free agency, I'm just wondering if they happen this early.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    TealAttack13's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2013
    Posts:
    1,546
    vCash:
    4496
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    Anyone think he(his agent) has already had conversations with Miami? Many deals are struck before free agency, I'm just wondering if they happen this early.
    I don't know. Goodell is such a disciplinarian, and wouldn't this be considered tampering? I'm not sure that either side is going to run the risk. I could however see "sources" talking amongst each other and "rumors" being traded between the camps.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    rent this space's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,435
    vCash:
    9679
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TealAttack13 View Post
    I don't know. Goodell is such a disciplinarian, and wouldn't this be considered tampering? I'm not sure that either side is going to run the risk. I could however see "sources" talking amongst each other and "rumors" being traded between the camps.
    It's definitely tampering and completely against the rules. It also happens every year. When someone signs hours after midnight at the opening of free agency, they have to be talking early.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    TealAttack13's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2013
    Posts:
    1,546
    vCash:
    4496
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    It's definitely tampering and completely against the rules. It also happens every year. When someone signs hours after midnight at the opening of free agency, they have to be talking early.
    Right, but they weren't talking as much as they were "talking". I think it's the same situation as "sources" sending "rumors" between camps. I don't know for sure that prior to midnight the agents and front office are having real conversations with each other. But the "sources" say enough in the "rumors" they send, that the terms and negotiations are worked out prior to getting down to it after midnight.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    37
    vCash:
    1197
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He also threw in there a "take my talents" quote. Reference... One could only hope
    Dolphins Island Massif
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,432
    vCash:
    18411
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Sign him up please Jeffery.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    rent this space's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,435
    vCash:
    9679
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TealAttack13 View Post
    Right, but they weren't talking as much as they were "talking". I think it's the same situation as "sources" sending "rumors" between camps. I don't know for sure that prior to midnight the agents and front office are having real conversations with each other. But the "sources" say enough in the "rumors" they send, that the terms and negotiations are worked out prior to getting down to it after midnight.
    I agree. I'm sure conversations are done in general terms but I believe it happens. I just wonder how soon is too soon?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    TealAttack13's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2013
    Posts:
    1,546
    vCash:
    4496
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    I agree. I'm sure conversations are done in general terms but I believe it happens. I just wonder how soon is too soon?
    My guess is once the regular season ends, the general terms conversations start very casually to feel things out. They escalate more and more as the weeks go on. I doubt they start any earlier than that. If they do, it's certainly too soon. You need to focus on the season without any distractions, whether you are in the playoffs or not.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 08:55 PM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 10:08 PM
  3. ESPN.com: Will phins make push for Greg Jennings?
    By phinatic1399 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-21-2012, 06:01 PM
  4. | 2013 NFL Free Agency | Wide Receivers | Wallace or Jennings? |
    By AFCMiamiEast in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 08:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •